The Huawei MediaPad is with 7" IPS-LCD display with 1280x800 pixels, powered by 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon chipset, has 5MP rear camera plus a front-facer, and is 0.41" thick, so it seems like a decent offering hardwarewise.
It's apparently lacking an LTE module, since the press release states in a footnote "4G speeds delivered by HSPA+ with enhanced backhaul", but the company is already updating its MediaPads with Ice Cream Sandwich, so that's the good news. The Huawei MediaPad for AT&T will ship with Honeycomb at first, though, and work its way up from there.
If you are into lame commercials, the MediaPad's first official one is hard to beat, so we couldn't resist embedding it below.
+- Press Release
Feature-rich tablet provides premium user experience at an affordable price
PLANO, Texas, Feb. 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Huawei today announced that its Huawei MediaPad will be connected to the AT&T network. The portable tablet delivers a premium user experience at an attractive price point, designed to meet the needs of AT&T's enterprise customers and consumers.
- Beginning February 3, the MediaPad will be available to AT&T's enterprise users at varying price points depending on the business account.
- The MediaPad is a feature-rich tablet that provides a premium user experience at an affordable price. This Android™-powered tablet is optimized for AT&T's 4G*network for video viewing, web browsing and all around experience at an affordable price.
- The MediaPad includes a 7" IPS multi-touch display and Android™ 3.2 (Honeycomb) operating system.
Device Specs and Key Features
- 7" IPS multi-touch display at 1280x800 resolution
- Android™ 3.2 (Honeycomb) operating system
- 1.2 Ghz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor
- 5MP rear-facing and 1.3MP front-facing camera with 4X zoom and AF
- 1080p HD video recording and playback
- Wi-Fi with AT&T Hotspots
- 7.61" x 4.71" x .41" dimensions at 14.08oz
"We're committed to working with AT&T to create influential devices that will provide consumers the best experience on AT&T's networks," said Cui Jiangao, President of Huawei Device USA.
*4G speeds delivered by HSPA+ with enhanced backhaul. Available in limited areas. Availability increasing with ongoing backhaul deployment. 4G device required. Learn more at att.com/network.
Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Through our dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, we have established end-to-end advantages in telecom networks, devices and cloud computing. We are committed to creating maximum value for telecom operators, enterprises and consumers by providing competitive solutions and services. Our products and solutions have been deployed in over 140 countries, serving more than one third of the world's population. For more information, visit Huawei online: www.huawei.com. Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/huaweipress and YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/HuaweiPress.