Huawei Honor 3X Pro with faux-leather back cover launched in China
Apart from the enhanced design, the Honor 3X Pro brings another major improvement over its predecessor: its 5.5-inch screen has a 1,080 x 1,920 pixel resolution (instead of just 720 x 1280). The rest of the handset's features include Android 4.4 KitKat, a 5MP front-facing camera, 13MP rear camera made by Sony, DTS sound, octa-core MediaTek processor clocked at 1.7GHz, 2GB of RAM, 16GB of internal memory, and a 3,000 mAh battery.
It looks like the Honor 3X Pro is available in China starting today, via Huawei’s own online shop called Vmall. The handset costs about $272 (1,698 Chinese yuan), and comes in two color versions: black and white. Huawei didn’t say if it plans to release Honor 3X Pro, or a device similar to it, in other markets.
Earlier today, we reported about another new Huawei smartphone, the Ascend D3. However, this one hasn't been announced yet.
source: Vmall (translated)
1. Lt.Green (Posts: 394; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Isn't there a design language Huawei won't copy? Dang!
2. Duketytz (Posts: 515; Member since: 28 Nov 2013)
As I was saying earlier, now there's Samsung. I wonder what company will they copy next?
11. bachir8k (Posts: 101; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
well sometimes I wish Samsung hires Huawei phone designers, Samsung designs good phone but they screw in those small details here and there, the faux-leather on this phone and the final finishing are amazing...
4. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 776; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
Wait, how did they get Android 4.4 to run on a Mediatek processor?
5. nlbates66 (Posts: 311; Member since: 15 Aug 2012)
chinese chip manufacturer, chinese phone company? :P
8. aditya.k (Posts: 474; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
Lol.!! MediaTek is not a Chinese chip manufacturer!
6. aditya.k (Posts: 474; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
There are a few other phones that have mediatek processor and run KitKat!
7. NexusX (Posts: 167; Member since: 16 May 2013)
Huawei needs to do 2 things if they want their phones to sell.
1. fire and replace their product designers.
2. rebrand their products, start a new line of phones using a less Chinese sounding brand name, have their new design team work on those
9. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 776; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
Xiaomi has some extremely Chinese-sounding brand names too. They seem to be able to sell well
14. awtohost (Posts: 3; Member since: 25 Sep 2014)
Here I somehow agree with you, on your point 2 point 1, I think the design is no worse than Samsung or HTC
Point 2 for sure, Huawei 3X o
and Huawei P7 er both excellent phones, with much better spec than iphone, and much less than half the price, and much faster.
10. The13thKing (banned) (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
these chinese companies seem to copy everything they see .. their designs reminded me of the xperias and iphones but you'd say it's a coincidence .. now here comes the Note 3 Copy to prove this and erase all doubts
12. awtohost (Posts: 3; Member since: 25 Sep 2014)
So where does those Chinese companies copy everything, we are talking about Huawei, I like to know where Huawei have copied anything ?
Looks ? not even that Samsung and Apple copied each other much more.
Huawei is just light years longer forward than iphone, new iphone 6 is light-years behind Huawei, with dual CPU ( Huawei octa core ) 8MP camera ( Huawei 13 MP ) iphone can not change battery, and can not get close to Huawei 3X pro or Huawei P7 If you buy iphone it is like buyig a Skoda car at Bently S price.