How to boot Android 4.1+ into Safe Mode
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
thank you for the information PA, I never know we can do this on android lol
2. nyamo (Posts: 274; Member since: 19 Mar 2011)
extended power menus are also nice, but if people know what i'm talking about i bet they're already running a custom rom
4. BiN4RY (Posts: 83; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
You press and hold down the Reboot button in Cyanogenmod to get the safe boot menu, just putting it out there.
5. blingblingthing (Posts: 511; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
This man speaks the truth. Tried it on my HTC one x US version running a custom ROM.
7. fur0n (Posts: 69; Member since: 13 Jun 2012)
have to use the volume buttons way on my sprint gs3
10. xfire99 (Posts: 679; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
Reboot or boot it up if shutdown. When phone booting up, tap the Menu button when it lights up and it will boot into safe mode. Same for SGNote 1/Note 2.
11. Brewski (Posts: 140; Member since: 05 Jun 2012)
So if one boots the phone into safe mode and disovers the rougue app can it then be uninstalled?
If so, can this be applied to bloatware or other uninstallable apps? This would be a great workaround for that!
My phone is slated for upgrade to 4.1 later this week so I will try it.
12. scriptwriter (Posts: 396; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
I know this article is really old now but want to just point a few flaws. This safemode short cut for 4.1+ does not work on samsung devices (accept the Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 10). Also, while holding both the volume keys may work for some older devices, it doesnt work for them all. Am still looking for safe mode for, Alcatel, ZTE, Huawei, Acer, Dell and a few Motorola devices. Have been searching for these devices for weeks. If anybody knows any links where i can find this information, will be much appreciated.