Here is a possible list of HTC devices that may ultimately get Android 4.3
We say eventually for obvious reasons and anyone that is reasonably well informed knows how slow the upgrade process can be. HTC is still bringing Android 4.1 to some devices, never mind 4.2 or even 4.3 down the road.
As it is, this is a semi-complete list of HTC hardware that might get upgraded. To no one’s surprise, all the target dates are in the last quarter of 2013 and many of the devices listed will not surprise anyone either. The HTC One, One X, One X+ are all in line to get 4.3. The HTC “Fireball” (aka Droid Incredible 4G) on Verizon will be left behind as may be the HTC Desire V and Desire X. The Droid DNA (Butterfly) should be good to go, as may be the Desire HD.
As we have seen in the past, these lists often change, and a couple of the devices on the list to get updated seem puzzling versus those that may not get updated. We have also seen motivations of manufacturers change to keep things up to date as well. While it is not on the list, we would not be surprised to see the HTC First get a prompt upgrade since underneath the Facebook Home app is stock Android 4.1. So while we will not call the list official, it does not seem like a bad starting point.
source: Technos Amigos
1. PermanentHiatus (Posts: 234; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
My Droid DNA is obsolete. Son of a B#@!
3. PermanentHiatus (Posts: 234; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
My Droid DNA is obsolete. Son of a B#@!
Butterfly ≠ DNA
4. Maxwell.R (Posts: 125; Member since: 20 Sep 2012)
The DNA and Butterfly are virtually identical. The DNA is not obsolete, but any updates that HTC wants to make will also have to contend with Verizon's notoriously stringent standards.
8. darkskoliro (Posts: 885; Member since: 07 May 2012)
You realise the DNA has MUCH MUCH more developer support for it than the butterfly, and secondly you know that you bought a carrier branded phone...since when did carrier branded phones have updates as soon as the oem releases it..
28. jsdechavez (Posts: 676; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
For crying out loud, still a lot of people are still on Gingerbread. Now shut up.
5. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Since when did guesses become news?
35. TheBitterrTruth (unregistered)
When iOS becomes better than Android.
14. leaderpvp (Posts: 17; Member since: 26 May 2013)
I dont really think that HD will be graded to 4.3. It will make him hard to operate properly :)
31. randomblame (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 May 2013)
Google Jellytime for DHD
Desire HD loves 4.2 and HTC owes us that ics upgrade afterall maybe they want to make it up to us or maybe somebody's trolling us haha
7. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3643; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
The Desire HD isn't even on 4.0, but it will get 4.3?
9. valapsp (Posts: 441; Member since: 12 Aug 2011)
Desire HD you gotta be f**kin kidding me!!!!!!!!!
11. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1223; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
its really funny to see the Hero on that list......
23. Jack58221 (Posts: 120; Member since: 23 Feb 2013)
I was thinking the same thing... mine sits in my daughter's toy box for now, but maybe I should pull it back out.
10. tiara6918 (Posts: 1242; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Yippee! HTC has changed and now will update their older units and give them support. I'm so proud to be an HTC owner!
12. datsyuk (Posts: 151; Member since: 11 Jan 2012)
Ask Google for more time to catch up and still is super slow looooollll
13. imkyle (Posts: 947; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
Anything running a S4 Plus CPU and up should get the 4.3 update. (Tegra 3 models included).
15. chistoefurpuffer (Posts: 139; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
Its about time HTC decided to update their products. That's what always keep me away from them.
16. androidrocks (Posts: 32; Member since: 14 Apr 2012)
The source is not reliable in my opinion. They even posted a 4.2 list few months ago.
I cannot post links as I a newbie here...please remove the spaces in the link below
http : / / technosamigos . com/htc-android-4-2-jelly-bean-update-device-list-schedule/
18. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3643; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
The EVO 4G LTE is the Jewel, and it says it will get 4.3. I wouldn't count on this list to be reliable at all though; it says the Desire HD will get 4.3 over the One S, when it's not even on 4.0.
20. E34V8 (Posts: 39; Member since: 16 Dec 2011)
"Evita" is One XL , "Endeavor" is One X . Who made this list?
21. Android1 (Posts: 59; Member since: 16 Jul 2012)
You must me kidding me !!! :o HTC desire hd ??? Thn what about HTC sensation ???
22. rizevnarastek (Posts: 310; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
This list seems a little fake to me... DHD getting 4.3 but Sensation and One S/V not??!
LOL Who made that up?
24. theBankRobber (Posts: 642; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
My wife's Evo 3D has 4.0 but its still garbage. She wants the SGS4.
25. VJo003 (Posts: 316; Member since: 11 Mar 2012)
This is fake
My HTC Desire HD is still on 2.3.5
The fiasco with the ICS update is unforgettable.
And now this claims 4.3 is coming....???
26. Epicness1o1 (Posts: 160; Member since: 30 May 2013)
Ohh come on there is no 4.3 for the HTC Sensation ;_;
27. lallolu (Posts: 206; Member since: 18 Sep 2012)
Where is the sensation?
Sensation was the turning point for me from HTC. It is a brilliant phone but I do not appreciae HTC not updating the phone pass android 4.0.3 and sense 3.6.
29. dorianb (Posts: 332; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
For true accuracy the article should read:
HTC confirms One will eventually receive 4.3. All others to stop at 4.2.
30. mariosraptor (Posts: 98; Member since: 15 Mar 2012)
Desire HD!!!! that made my day. Cool story though SCI-FI
33. roscuthiii (Posts: 1712; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Love the use of qualifiers.
34. TheBitterrTruth (unregistered)
Where is HTC Desire 600? o.O