Has battery life improved since 2011? These charts show Sony is now king, Apple slacking per mAh
1. Kumar123 (Posts: 741; Member since: 15 Jan 2015)
iPhone 6 plus has great battery life. It even beat Note 4 in battery life. Apple also improves a lot with iphone 6 plus. All the arena site ( Phonearena, GSMarena) battery life test is designed to give android phones edge over iPhones. I trust Anandtech and Ars technical.
9. Ordinary (Posts: 2316; Member since: 23 Apr 2015)
Note 4 (5.0.1):
You really have no idea what you are talking about.
70. raky_b (Posts: 102; Member since: 02 Jul 2014)
just don't belive all what GSMarena wrote.
c'mon...show me a S6 that battery last 48h just on stand by.
or in this case 11h of iPhones and 17h on Note video playback.
let's take 5 of each and test them...if ANY of this phones does times that GSM arena wroted, i will buy 100x of them.
Note does have good battery, but 28h of talk time can be done only conected to charger. that phone maybe can do top of 8h SoT, but only if there is A LOT of black color on a screen.
Same thing with 6h of SoT that Phonearena claims for iP6 Plus...
i did have quite a few flagships, and i can tell from my expirience that only with Sony Xperia (Z and Z2) and LG G2 i could do full 2 days of usage. Let's say Note3 is OK, and there is some big capacitty chenesee phones that does good....all others ware disappointments, even though for all of them was claimed in bunch of reviews they are much better then they actually are.
11. james2841 (Posts: 167; Member since: 10 Dec 2014)
it could beat the note 4 if the ip6p was in standby mode.
49. TSMan2 (banned) (Posts: 363; Member since: 20 Aug 2015)
Wrong headline on the article.
Improved battery doesn't mean just to put more mAh in the brick.
1) if they can put same amount of mAh in smaller pack
2) if battery discharge slower with the same mAh and size
3) if the battery can charge faster with the same mAh and size
13. arch_angel (Posts: 1651; Member since: 20 Feb 2015)
Of Course It Has Good Battery Life, The 6 Plus Has A 2915mAh Battery. And Obviously It Would Beat The G4 In Endurance Since The G4's Battery Is Only A Slightly Bigger 3000mAh Cell And The G4 Has A QHD Screen VS The 6 Plus's FHD Screen.
14. mistercarter (Posts: 360; Member since: 01 Sep 2011)
the 6 Plus battery lasts twice as long as my old Note 3, despite having a smaller battery and less frugal display (LCD vs AMOLED) but the software is optimized as hell, and i charge it from 2 to 3 days
18. arch_angel (Posts: 1651; Member since: 20 Feb 2015)
I Agree Ios Is Superbly Optimized. But The Note 3 Is A 2013 Device And Shouldn't Be Compared To The 6 Plus.
19. SamDH1 (Posts: 419; Member since: 21 Apr 2015)
These are lies ma friend. Twice as long means that the Note 3 lasts about 1.5 days. That is incorrect. 2-3 days life with a 6 Plus, that is simply unheard of, unless you literally have no messages and never use it, besides perhaps checking the time.
27. mistercarter (Posts: 360; Member since: 01 Sep 2011)
my Note 3 lasts 1-1.5 days and my 6 Plus 2-3 days, with the same use. i feel certain jealousy coming your way
57. DoggyDangerous (Posts: 857; Member since: 28 Aug 2015)
may be, apple has mistakenly put 32 wheeler truck battery in your 6 plus. Your 6 plus weight is 50 kilo gram, right?
71. murphslaws (Posts: 54; Member since: 22 Apr 2015)
Buy a new battery for your note 3 and re-test. If you are still using the same original battery theres no wonder its not lasting as long.
59. dimas (Posts: 2124; Member since: 22 Jul 2014)
Agree and well said. Have coworkers use their iphone 6+ as personal daily driver and for work and yup, they're all wall huggers by 4 or 5pm.
46. UnlimitedSkye03 (Posts: 94; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
My friend charges his iphone 5s 3 times a day, and his Z2 once.. With same frequency of usage..
15. Spedez (Posts: 450; Member since: 29 Aug 2014)
Indian iSheep. One would think that you love Micromax.
17. Ordinary (Posts: 2316; Member since: 23 Apr 2015)
I like how you edited your post right away when I gave you links of PA and GSMArena lol.
23. Kumar123 (Posts: 741; Member since: 15 Jan 2015)
Ha ha ha, I didn't even notice your comment when I edited my comment. Most of the time I edit my comment after I post them. But hey good job preserving my each and every comment here on PA. Maybe I'll hire you as my PA in the future so try your hardest.
31. Ordinary (Posts: 2316; Member since: 23 Apr 2015)
"good job preserving my each and every comment here on PA"
Aint nobody got time for that
Everytime you post on some random article IQ by all users in here drops by 20%.
29. MSi_GS70 (unregistered)
Then you are so naive/pathetic person if you believe that crappiest site on internet like anandtech!
That site which they sold themselves to apple ?
Man am feeling sorry for you ...
58. DoggyDangerous (Posts: 857; Member since: 28 Aug 2015)
your are absolutely right bro. anandtech is the crapiest site and baised, same like The Verge
If anyone want to get brain washed then he can follow the sites like these
61. dimas (Posts: 2124; Member since: 22 Jul 2014)
Anandtech is so obvious. Stopped reading from it since 2013. Same with technobuffalo in youtube, apple is great, apple is the best blah blah blah.
43. kkmkk (Posts: 481; Member since: 06 May 2013)
shut up the note 4 sm-910c give me usually a 6-6.5 screen on time
while the iphone can even know how much because it so stupid it does not show it to me
f**k of I-sheep
50. TSMan2 (banned) (Posts: 363; Member since: 20 Aug 2015)
" I trust Anandtech"
Of course you do.
Anand is Apple's employee after all.
69. raky_b (Posts: 102; Member since: 02 Jul 2014)
they all do syntetic tests, but in real life iPhone can't do much more then 4h of SoT and 24h on one charge, while Note can. Also, S6 (and it's Edge ersion) in real life can't do more then 5h too.
Only Sony's and some of bigg capacitty Motorola's flagships can do decent SoT times,and to regular user only Sony's model can live two or more days on single charge, even thoug they don't use bigger battery the others.
Rest of the tests are just cheating....like showing results of "SoT" on SAMOLED screens with black pictures and videos (Amoled don't use power for black color) and simular.
Neather Sammy's flagship, neather Apple's cand do even similar, but in this tests, they are sometims even better.
just a lies...nothing more. first you reed it and think how good they all are, and then you red user expiriences and see real truth
72. TheOldOne (Posts: 190; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
but you cannot do too much with it, isn't it? Is basicaly same as any iPhone/iPhad device in terms of features and functionality.
While in Note series there is a lot more things that (legitimately!) consume additional power:
1. It has 2 digitizers: one for your finger and a separate one (with better resolution, etc) for pen
2. Multiwindows (I don't like to use term "multitasking" on mobile devices since someone may confuse it with computer multitaking, you know what I mean).
There is also Touchwiz, but this one is a hog...
2. legiloca (Posts: 1387; Member since: 11 Nov 2014)
Couldn't understand..Too many circles and lines lol!
36. ibend (Posts: 4579; Member since: 30 Sep 2014)
each circle represent individual phone by each brand, and line is average coordinate of those circle by the same brand..
(maybe its not average since its straight line, its maybe gradient, or whatever, i'm not good at statistic after all)
40. DarkStar286 (Posts: 218; Member since: 18 Mar 2014)
You can't understand a simple dot graph with trend lines? And not being able to understand such a simple graph isn't funny, it's pathetic.
64. legiloca (Posts: 1387; Member since: 11 Nov 2014)
You call that dot graph SIMPLE? dude, not all people have the same IQ and the same level of understanding, just so happens that I am a kind of human being that is not so into dot graphs etc.. and you saying it's pathetic is like you're arrogantly saying that you're superior than the rest of humanity.. Nobody is Perfect
4. mistercarter (Posts: 360; Member since: 01 Sep 2011)
in chart #4 (endurance VS battery capacity) Apple is still above the competition, so their software is clearly the most optimized, just imagine if they only put Sony batteries in the iPhone, you could have juice for days
37. ibend (Posts: 4579; Member since: 30 Sep 2014)
no they wont, its too expensive and will hurt their profit margin
41. ibend (Posts: 4579; Member since: 30 Sep 2014)
and please look at those chart one again, it have lots of non-orange circle above Apple line, and thats the android flagship place, while the bottom part is just cheap android
5. slannmage (Posts: 148; Member since: 26 Mar 2013)
My old Z1c would get me 5 days on a single charge with Battery saver mode enabled. I also liked using that mode since you only get non important notifications when you turned the screen on.
I've had about 5 or 6 different phones since that one (I liked to change a few times a year) and it's still by far the best battery performer I've had. I owned a Nokia 1020 and it wouldn't even last the day, I had an iPhone 5s and it wouldn't last a day either. I had a HTC One, that got 2 days, the GS5 got 2 days, the 6+ would get 2 days and I had some other Android I forgot the name of which would get 2 days.
So for my usage 2 days is the norm, but whatever Software optimizations Sony have just owned everyone else. I can listen to a podcast on my 5s and it would drain the battery by 20-30%, while the Z1c would go down 1-3% over that same period of time, which was about 2 hours.
I don't play games or watch video or anything though, why I wish we could get something different than these slab phones. I want something like the Nokia N93i, something that speaks to my usage, who browses the internet on their phone? It's a terrible experience, I'm happy to just use my PC.
10. Wiencon (Posts: 1870; Member since: 06 Aug 2014)
My Z3C was lasting 4 days with my usage, incredible for smartphone but still pathetic compared to my C905 which I ditched in October last year and I charged it once per 2 weeks :D
48. SonyPS4 (Posts: 344; Member since: 21 May 2013)
I get average 1.5 days with heavy usage (Z3 Compact) and 3 days normal use.
7. senseiJ (Posts: 155; Member since: 02 May 2015)
It's just funny how iPhones barely last. Both the hardware and software of this phone are pretty basic. I'm lucky if my iPhone 5s gets me through the day.
8. pureviewuser (Posts: 501; Member since: 11 Nov 2012)
Where the f..k is the lumia 1520? Again conveniently left out!!!!!!
21. Ordinary (Posts: 2316; Member since: 23 Apr 2015)
This isnt about particular phones but OEMs. Nokia is blue line.
16. SnakeBoyVincentLiu (banned) (Posts: 59; Member since: 17 Aug 2015)
my iphone 6 able to last 4 days and iphone 6+ last 6 days, non-stop usage on Weibo, Meitu, Meipai, WeChat, and lots more apps, paired with my 42mm appe watch with milenese bracelet with Bluetooth on 24 hours. Very happy the battery life that Apple offers :) Any random Sh*tty low class android phone won't beat that endurance and that's a fact. please please please don't bash just because you haven't tried it, and I doubt you can't even afford iphone just like me :)
28. neela_akaash (Posts: 1184; Member since: 05 Aug 2014)
He is an absconder from Asylum... don't mind.
25. HugoBarraCyanogenmod (limited) (Posts: 1133; Member since: 06 Jul 2014)
You forgot to add, Taobao, Alipay, LeTV, qq messenger, Kugou and many more. But iCr@p still cr@p
26. joey_sfb (Posts: 5741; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Apple Troll from China. Did you buy two iWatch Gold for your dog!
30. Quicksword_Phantom (Posts: 30; Member since: 15 Jun 2015)
Hahahaha this asian twink can't be serious.
32. Kumar123 (Posts: 741; Member since: 15 Jan 2015)
Your comment proves that you actually never use iPhone in real life. iPhone 6 plus givse 2 days of battery life at moderate use (at best).
But hey nice try SuperNova. I don't know how many accounts you open here on PA but I sure know you have crappy photoshop skill.
45. Zack_2014 (Posts: 378; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
My S6 is able to last 30 days and Note 5 last 60 days, non-stop usage on Weibo, Meitu, Meipai, WeChat, and lots more apps, paired with my Gear S2 with Bluetooth on 24 hours. Very happy the battery life that Samsung offers :) Any random Sh*tty low class Apple phone won't beat that endurance and that's a fact. please please please don't bash just because you haven't tried it, and I doubt you can't even afford Galaxy just like me :)
51. M.O.A.B (Posts: 172; Member since: 13 Feb 2015)
but .. how did you escape mental institution??? you are so retarded to do that
53. avalon2105 (Posts: 258; Member since: 12 Jul 2014)
And the last time I crarged my LG G2 was in November 2013. It's been running for almost two years on a single charge now and I still have 28% of my battery. I'm thinking about charging it some time in March or April next year. And I had it connected to G Watch Urbane even before G Watch was announced. No random shi**y Apple phone can beat that endurance and that's a fact.
62. dimas (Posts: 2124; Member since: 22 Jul 2014)
That's one great sarcastic opinion snake boy. Keep it up.
33. Nexus4lifes (Posts: 155; Member since: 13 Feb 2014)
Another shaming chart for apple would be the charging times: for 1810 mah it takes 150(approx) to charge? even with a thunderlightening cable? wtf apple?
34. Ordinary (Posts: 2316; Member since: 23 Apr 2015)
Dont worry it lasts one week so you dont need to charge it much.
39. TyrionLannister (unregistered)
Use an iPad charger to charge iPhone. Problem solved.