The Samsung Galaxy S5 will be released around the world starting April 11. Besides gold, other available colors will include “shimmery white”, “charcoal black,” and “electric blue.”
1. phonepro (Posts: 21; Member since: 31 Mar 2012)
I actually find this one quite funny. Good one HTC!
35. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3579; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
But this band-aid will still sell well. :)
40. Ant34 (Posts: 193; Member since: 10 Aug 2013)
Yes it will but I suspect it's not going to sell as well as Samsung thinks especially with the competition offering the same specs in better packaging.
43. PunyPoop (Posts: 750; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
But it doesn't mean it's a good and stylish phone LOL!
59. giani (Posts: 269; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Really numbers game again ?! Funny enough samsung is more than capable of designing a good looking phone and use decent materials...but why should they when there are plenty like u out there...40 million more exactly.
Being objective, on the spec side of things the phone is ok...but the looks...let's face it...ABOMINATION... I think that although not a lot different..even the s4 looks slightly better...and that says a lot. Anyway...u fanboys keep defending this sort of crap...I'm sure that will push samsung into actually making a decent phone not..
60. rd_nest (Posts: 1175; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
@giani : You think you're the only one intelligent here and rest all are morons.
Maybe there's a reason why HTC is as good as dead. Live with that.
67. darkkjedii (Posts: 16228; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Actually HTC would have to live with that...not giani. IJS
69. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3579; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Yes, it's numbers game as Sammy is still no. 1. That's why HTC, LG, Sony, etc. are not doing that well. Personally I also don't like the design (I think you haven't seen my other comments regarding design in other article(s)) but see specs are good though and yes the S4 looks definitely better than S5. Huge disappointment for design. :)
78. Glim12808 (Posts: 394; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
The S4 did not sell as expected and I suspect the S5 will sell even less.
55. pookiewood (Posts: 631; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
Not sure which is funnier, the picture or your icon. Haha!
15. tusshharish (Posts: 342; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
I neither love Samsung nor hate it, but seriously the gold version with dots looks like bandage........... Even Samsung kept it plane shiny or matte it will look good............
44. PunyPoop (Posts: 750; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
LOL like what I posted here http://www.phonearena.com/news
/Samsung-Galaxy-S5-hands-on-a-winning-formula-gets-refined_id52950comment #56.. Wait I thought it was my idea! LOL
18. LiyanaBG (Posts: 381; Member since: 07 Nov 2013)
another one from HTC facebook wall http://i.imgur.com/GlCpVgj.jpg
20. LiyanaBG (Posts: 381; Member since: 07 Nov 2013)
another one from
24. FoneAddict (Posts: 237; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
lol it's open season on Samsung! Samsung have no one but themselves to blame, the S5 is an utter let down design wise!
42. FriendsOfSamsung (unregistered)
HTC is desperate
2. zachattack (Posts: 621; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
Haha! Wow... talking so much s**t HTC, really hope you end up backing it up with that weird ass dual camera set up. Samsungs phone might be ugly as sin but their camera looks great. It would be nice to have this and z2 on verizon, but if i had to choose i'd pick the z2 easy
3. amats69 (Posts: 1238; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Lol...hilarious! So ladies will love galaxy s5....hahha
5. pwnarena (Posts: 1049; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
it's immature but really funny.
samsung should also post a shiny tin can once the fat htc the all new one gets released.
6. Epicness1o1 (Posts: 237; Member since: 30 May 2013)
HAHAHA sickest joke in the phone world :D
7. alterecho (Posts: 1096; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
If Samsung wanted to create a camofalauge effect in their ad, they could have just placed it along with the rest of their phones (facing front).
8. Jazbec (Posts: 23; Member since: 24 Feb 2014)
I actually see the similarity. Hopefully Samsung will design new covers and send them to S5 buyers free of charge ... That woul be the least Sammy could do for the heros that will buy the copy of a band-aids...
71. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
You can always buy a metal aftermarket cover.
9. maherk (Posts: 2584; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
I feel sorry for HTC, they are turning into what Nokia has turned into after being purchased by Windows. Instead of coming up with something new and letting their innovations do their talk, they take a cheap shot at their competitors using social media. Can htc remind us how many One max units they sold so far? More like 13 I guess.
12. amats69 (Posts: 1238; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Lol you take this seriously? This is posted by somebody in the net and htc only retweeted it.hahaha..besides this is really funny, i can used it as stress removal..i have to save this picture.hahaha
62. rd_nest (Posts: 1175; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
I am sure Samsung doesn't even bother to respond to HTC/Nokia. When was the last time Samsung ever bothered with HTC/Nokia? They are irrelevant and useless. Only company Samsung competes against is Apple.
I am sure HTC is *very serious* about Samsung's sales figures. What HTC sells in a year, Samsung does that within few weeks. That's how irrelevant HTC is now.
30. Liveitup (Posts: 1797; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
You are incorrect, Nokia the acquisition is not yet completed so leave Windows out of your comment besides Nokia has been taking shots online at HTC and Samsung over the past year plus in regards to cameras functionality etc.
41. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 1694; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
So, "The Next Big Thing Is Here" just never happened? No baristas, nothing?
50. R-vjn (Posts: 172; Member since: 07 Jan 2013)
Gosh, here you are again with selling figures... And c'mon, no humour sense at all???
61. rd_nest (Posts: 1175; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
Yea, a phone that doesn't sell isn't worth talking about. Even Lenovo, Micromax and ZTE sells more than HTC. That should tell you a lot about HTC trolls in this forum.
They think only they have brains and rest are all uneducated. There's a clear reason why HTC become irrelevant the moment Samsung/LG decided to enter the smartphone market. HTC is dead, and everyone knows this for a fact. Just a matter of time they get sold to some other company.
10. wando77 (Posts: 612; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
Screen..... Massively improved (500 nits down to 2 nits).
Camera.... MASSIVELY improved.
Processor..... Massively improved.
Battery life.... Massively improved (larger and ultra power save mode).
Heart rate sensor.
Seriously guys, that is more than apple stuck in the 5s
17. jan25 (Posts: 454; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
True, i think what people are mostly angry about is the design. The UI could've seen some more work too. Other than that, there isn't much to complain about.
26. toink (unregistered)
I agree, the S5 has great internals with an ugly face. The appearance of a phone is a big factor for many including myself. That said, I might end up getting the Z2 or the new One instead.
21. limporgyuk (Posts: 266; Member since: 06 Nov 2013)
You forgot to mention:
Bezels alot bigger,
Substantial size and weight increase even though only 0.1" added to screen,
Much worse back cover,
Tiny waterproof speaker in terrible position,
Pretty much identical from the front as the S4.
Processor, camera, water 'resisting' and finger print reader keeping in line with other flagships available.
This phone doesn't derve to sell well but unfortunately it will due to a blind following similar to Apple's.
65. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9883; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Sony only added a gig of RAM on their "new" flagship. They're trolling and robbing all of you lol.
66. PunyPoop (Posts: 750; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
LOL I think you're totally pissed off Smurf!
92. DONUT (Posts: 362; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
of course he is pissed off! his beloved Samsung fell seriously short
22. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Although I'd prefer 3GB RAM, the hw isn't actually the problem.
I don't like the fact that they didn't change the front. And those bezels omg!
27. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 1079; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
I love it how you put them as facts when there isnt a single review out to back it up. Yet on paper MANY things looked great but didnt stand up to real life expectations.
1. Screen - nothing special, most of flagships have amazing screens
2. Most of flagships have a good camera and we know that on paper they are all amazing
3. Sony has a little bit better cpu, plus that cpu is on my 2013 phones, nothing new there.
4. Battery - its all claims and we know how many lies manufacturers tell about battery. Plus S4 bearly made a half day with more than moderate use.
5. Waterproof was on some xperias for almost 2 years now, nothing new nothing innovative.
6. Fingerprint scanner WAS ONLY added because Apple made it mainstream and cool. So its a copy than innovation. I know apple didnt make it first but they are the first to make it work well and as it should be.
7. Heart rate is great I have to say, but I havent seen many people at the gym or running around with a big ass phone as a heart rate monitor. Not to mention you have to put ur finger to make it work unlike proper monitors who strap around you below your t-shirt.
28. Saravana (Posts: 6; Member since: 24 Oct 2013)
How many people more needs to be taught ...this isn't water proof...this is just water resistant...even the event echoed this loud enough!
45. PunyPoop (Posts: 750; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
Yeah, it was mentioned not to put it underwater for a long time! LOL
46. PunyPoop (Posts: 750; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
Smurf is a MED STUDENT, he will like this a lot! LOL
38. Arman (Posts: 47; Member since: 08 Jul 2013)
after one year .. with billions of profit.. they can't come up with an idea like YOTAPHONE .. what's the matter with you guys?
5S wasn't that innovative .. but some little innovation made that a successful product.. like 64bit CPU and OS (with significant performance improvement 2x with only 2 cores at 1.3ghz)
an absolutely flawless finger print scanner (you must use it to see the difference)
2 color flash with autowhite balance
all of those items was for the first time in industry. all I want form companies like samsung , is PLEASE make something different like YOTAPHONE.. not just coping apple .. what the hell is wrong with you samy ?? gold version for a plastic phone ??? swipe finger print (only accept one direction) exactly on the same place as 5S ??? 3 smartwatches at the same time only 4 month after the first galaxy gear ???
56. darkkjedii (Posts: 16228; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Who said anything about apple lol. Stop trying to deflect the impact of this "MASSIVELY" underwhelming announcement to apple dude. Blah blah blah massively improved, blah blah blah massively improved, I'm gonna get one, just incase I cut myself...I have a MASSIVELY MASSIVE bandaid.
11. wando77 (Posts: 612; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
1080p is already overkill and 3gb is too (I've NEVER run into ram problems on my note 2).
Only thing I would have done is put a 5mp front camera on it with a front flash that doubles as a notification light. Oh, and maybe dual flash on the back.
57. darkkjedii (Posts: 16228; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
If it had 3gb of ram you wouldn't be saying its overkill. Stop your whining
76. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Having 3GB of ram is not overkill. What is getting ridiculous is howbad storage is on phones. Flash memory is dirt cheap yet were still using 32gb? Really?
88. DnB925Art (Posts: 615; Member since: 23 May 2013)
Totally agree, but that's the only way companies can charge an extra $100 for doubling the internal storage.
14. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1721; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
lol @ band-aid,..why would they such thing?well thats why there is a heart monitor sensor so you can monitor life.