HTC EVO 3D retired from Sprint’s lineup
It makes sense considering the EVO 4G LTE’s debut is just around the corner, but it is interesting that it was just here one day, gone the next. The folk over at Android Police reached out to Sprint to find out what happened to the Android device. Sprint responded by saying,
So there you have it, the HTC EVO 3D is officially entering retirement. If for some reason you had your heart set on getting this device, be sure to call you local Sprint store or take advantage of the Amazon sale before the end of the month.
source: Android Police
3. jbash (Posts: 339; Member since: 07 Feb 2011)
the 3D was far from being a bad phone. Yess it wasn't the best but it wasn't a slouch
2. Sprintfan (Posts: 68; Member since: 18 Nov 2011)
galaxyisking you are a troll. It's one of the best Androids made to date.
13. galaxyisking (Posts: 58; Member since: 18 Nov 2011)
hey thanks man. i love the galaxy line, i had a 3d and switched to the s2 much superior phone, the 3d was laggy and the 3d was a gimmick.....
15. theBankRobber (Posts: 645; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
Not sure what part was laggy but my wife's Evo 3D has been smooth with no lag. She has had her phone since it 1st launched.
4. blacktrump0674 (Posts: 6; Member since: 21 May 2011)
Yes, he is definitely a dumb troll at that!
5. wizzardtech (Posts: 59; Member since: 12 Mar 2012)
i've used galaxy lines before switching to an evo 3D, never look back after.
SUPERB PHONE. felt solid and heavy. camera is just awesome.
one of a kind phone.
17. Cwebb (Posts: 501; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Ditto, HTC trumps Samsung in every aspect (UI, customer service, build quality, etc.)
6. josephnero (Posts: 278; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
i miss my evo3d.i sold it cause i needed money and now iam using Xperia Arc
7. illuminatemyfate (Posts: 9; Member since: 15 Dec 2011)
I have the phone, it may not be the Galaxy SII but it's still a fantastic phone. Second best on Sprint and top 10 android last year easily.
8. illuminatemyfate (Posts: 9; Member since: 15 Dec 2011)
It makes sense that it's retired however, with the EVO 4G LTE coming out and the end of Wimax there is no need for it in the lineup anymore.
22. gallitoking (Posts: 4680; Member since: 17 May 2011)
you call that in a phone that lived less than a year ?
12. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Im still enjoying mine along with the sensation!
16. u-suck-more (Posts: 529; Member since: 26 Aug 2011)
i have the Optimus 3D and my mom has the Evo 3D and the LG is a better phone. but the Evo, nonetheless, was a great phone
18. Cwebb (Posts: 501; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
I found it! I'm actually typing on it right now!
19. Sangeet (Posts: 232; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
That is actually good than the Lg Optimus 3D with the worst user interface that i have ever seen..
They really need a UI Designer or LG should use some custom launcher on top of thier UI but should remove the Optimus UI from thier phone. I hate it..!!
20. Be4ibuy (Posts: 1; Member since: 22 Apr 2012)
The 3D was ok. More for the younger generation.. Galaxy line seems to be doing fine. Waiting for the ne EVO 4G lte.
21. ECPirate37 (Posts: 83; Member since: 14 Jul 2011)
I have the EVO 3D and absolutely love it. I bought it the day it came out, and I do not think I will even want a non-3D phone now. I know some people said it was a gimmick, but I only use the 3D sparingly. It is awesome being able to watch a 3D movie on it, or taking 3D video (and pics).
However, the processor has been plenty speedy for me and I personally like the HTC UI way better than anything Samsung has done. I know different people prefer different things and that is why it is good that Android is so open and lets people customize.
I am hopeful that HTC will eventually bring out a new 3D phone. (Crosses fingers)