HP wants to release a smartphone within 5 years
1. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 05 Oct 2012, 04:19 2
5 years, oh holy crap
5. speckledapple posted on 05 Oct 2012, 08:31 0
It is plenty of time perfecting a new mobile OS. The future is quite bright.
3. eisenbricher posted on 05 Oct 2012, 04:27 0
For me mentioning hp makes me think of large servers, desktop PCs and laptops. It will take some time for them to build customers' trust in mobile segment such as smartphones and tablets. At current time that's like jumping into a pond full of alligators. There was an era when hp had its own ipaq line of phones, but I missed it because I was too young (and poor) to try it.
4. bubbadoes posted on 05 Oct 2012, 07:39 0
I wanna work at Google plex also. We can all dream
6. tokuzumi posted on 05 Oct 2012, 09:34 0
HP can't be serious about taking 5 years to build a smartphone. This has to be more related to OS development, as it takes awhile to make a mature smartphone OS.
7. Zero0 posted on 05 Oct 2012, 14:51 1
5 years? I expect products like Google Glass to begin taking over before that. Smartphones won't be around for much longer.
8. pikapowerize (banned) posted on 06 Oct 2012, 00:13 1
i wish webOS will be the platform that is a competition of android in terms of open source! and webOS has higher standards than android being linux 3.3 while android is still at 3.1...
9. FireDragon posted on 06 Oct 2012, 05:25 0
Are they in their right heads? Seriously! 5 years is little, no it is way too long in a market where changes happen in every 5 months or 6.