Golden Samsung Galaxy F (S5 Prime) shows up
The Galaxy F is supposed to feature a 5.3-inch display with Quad HD (1,440 x 2,560) resolution, and a brushed metal back. Speaking of its back, we can see a heart rate sensor there, and a camera that likely has a 16MP sensor.
A couple of days ago, we spotted the Galaxy F next to the regular Galaxy S5. Although the screen of the Galaxy F is a bit larger than the 5.1-inch display of the S5, the unannounced smartphone seems to have about the same overall size as the current flagship - thanks to its slimmed down bezels.
Naturally, Samsung will go after LG’s G3 with this new Galaxy F. We don’t know exactly when Samsung intends to announce the handset, but it probably won’t be long until that happens. We’ll be here to keep you updated!
2. Birds (Posts: 1001; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
Brushed gold looks like wood period...terrible aesthetic IMHO.
6. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8615; Member since: 14 May 2012)
It actually doesn't look bad at all.. Not better than my M8, but nonetheless catching to the eye imo.
47. RuiBacelar (Posts: 138; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)
Once you reach the awsome build quality of the M8 evertything else is...somewhat mediocre. The dark version of the M8 is trully killer beauty.
79. dratomic (Posts: 463; Member since: 09 Oct 2013)
htc is always inferior to nokia in build quality. get over it.
60. CoastCity (Posts: 139; Member since: 07 Mar 2014)
Brushed metal = Rough , Gold = Premium. Rough and premium is difficult to match. Maybe a more classy texture because in reality could look like brushed yellow bronze
61. Chunkyspudface (Posts: 17; Member since: 31 May 2013)
I think I'm the only one who things "gold" backed phones are a little bit tacky...
20. DONUT (Posts: 307; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
i just hope its some lousy ass rendering like the G3. the gold G3 renders look awful but the live images of it actually look pretty great
25. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2956; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Renderings look always awful. Even from M8, Z2 or some beautiful cars.
31. DONUT (Posts: 307; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
true. the Z2 and S5 renderings look pretty okay tho
29. bob_monkeywarts (Posts: 143; Member since: 14 Apr 2014)
I think it looks better than the normal S5 bandage edition.
14. Lampriya (Posts: 207; Member since: 05 Oct 2013)
It is nowhere near the iPhone 6 quality. wait till sept, Apple is gonna change the world again.
16. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2956; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
So according to my calculations, it would be the second time. Last time was in 2007, wasn't it? Yeah. I think it was.
19. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3418; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Lamepriya, the typical iSh33p troll, strikes again.....
39. shuaibhere (Posts: 1551; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
"It is nowhere near
the iPhone 6 quality"
So where do you had hands on ip6???
I would like to know....
56. Cicero (Posts: 404; Member since: 22 Jan 2014)
Come on Lampriya, wakeup man. You became a izombie now. Stop dreaming.
3. xplayer57 (Posts: 25; Member since: 24 Dec 2012)
If this is the real deal then it actually looks quite good
On a side note.....
I think that Samsung is trying to replace the timing of announcement of its Galaxy S flagship with the Note series as it is rumored that it will be announced in September to directly compete with Apple
but thats just my opinion
4. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2956; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Samsung listened and got rid of the Band Aid finish. And what happened? They made it look like a potato.
7. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8615; Member since: 14 May 2012)
People like you always have something negative to say about Samsung... They can release a flagship that looks better than the 5S or M8 and would still be called garbage.
8. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2956; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
It was a jooooke. It looks more like wood.
Who knows what would happen then? The thing just is, they don't seem to be releasing a phone in the near future that would look better than many of it's competitors. But I know that I can easily say that their TVs and fridges look very nice. Maybe they should hire the same team to design their mobiles too.
43. pwnarena (Posts: 933; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
haha. i actually see the cartoon/illustration potato.
the s5 active looks way better!
45. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2956; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Yeah. Active is the best looking S5 version so far.
10. Desmortibus (Posts: 58; Member since: 04 Apr 2014)
To deserve the "prime" moniker, instead of "going metal" (if it is the real thing it looks even cheaper than the Galaxy S5...) Samsung should go downright to 64-bit with a Snapdragon 810 for instance. This would impress me a lot more than a gimmicky Quad HD display and HTC metal copycat...
67. Gamas_K (Posts: 61; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
Wait till next year to see the first phone running SD810, this year maybe 610 or 615
22. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3418; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Hope they bring something different rather than just a boring worthless spec sheet, the design is still bland, I'm dying to see someone bring back the old Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX design with cool kevlar back.
34. shuaibhere (Posts: 1551; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
And here comes sexy s5...
Gold implemented right unlike OG s5.....
42. adecvat (Posts: 131; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
You can buy this back door cover on ebay for your S5 :)
44. shuaibhere (Posts: 1551; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
But front of the s5 is not so good thick bezels...
On the other this one has slim bezels which makes front sexy..
49. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6580; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Will look much better without that ugly gold color.
55. Totse2k15 (Posts: 272; Member since: 11 Feb 2014)
Very good phone, but I don't like the color. No full black color (My favorite color). :O(
58. Rager722 (Posts: 166; Member since: 30 Jan 2013)
For a M8 Gold user, this looks pretty dope. Samsung did a decent job on this one.
59. fzacek (Posts: 1884; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
This is going to be a much better phone than the LG G3...
63. AfterShock (Posts: 2812; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
To the fans, sorry.
To the trolls, this is jmtc.
With that said, that is freaking hideous!
If that was my only choice in android, I'd go..WP/BB/Payphone.
64. promise7 (Posts: 469; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
How come the Galaxy F doesn't need any radio band lines like the iPhone or HTC One? I've read users were complaining when putting a metal back cover on their curren S4 and S5 they would have issues with GPS because of the metal.
65. gigaraga (Posts: 1211; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
Doesn't look too bad. Just wished they would've changed the camera placement or something at least so it doesn't look like a Galaxy S5 with a metal back, but rather a 'different' Galaxy F.
77. Krjal (Posts: 64; Member since: 19 Dec 2013)
These are probably legit press renders but I prefer the photos. The texture they've got for the back panel seems wrong in the renders, like a mess of photoshop filters.
On another note, I'm thinking of getting an s5 "prime" or whatever it's gonna be called but I certainly won't be getting a 'gold' one. Jeez that's ugly.
85. techloverNYC (Posts: 406; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
First you guys say apple's design is the same. Now you guys say Samsung (the apple killer some say) has the same boring design. I swear you fans just find the companys that are on top and hate on them for any reason possible.
86. MobileGuru (Posts: 80; Member since: 18 Jan 2014)
Guys this could just be the prototype of Galaxy S6 instead of the long rumoured S5 prime. Think about it..