Galaxy Note 4 to be able to measure the sun's radiation?
According to Samsung-dedicated website SamMobile, we are about to see an ultraviolet sensor, placed on the front of the new Galaxy Note 4. Reportedly, it is going to be able to measure the amount of UV radiation we are being exposed to and inform us when we are in danger of damaging our skin. Whether this will be done by notifications or by interacting with the app remains to be seen.
To be honest, we can't remember the last time we went to the beach and thought to ourselves "Man, it's hot out here. Wish we had UV sensors in hand to check if it's safe to get some tan". What's your take on this?
38. medicci37 (Posts: 688; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Idk what this phone can do yet but I want it!
46. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4326; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
I know what you mean. Pretty sure it may transform into something that gives sweet foot massages!
52. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3576; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Agreed. Such fake wildfire rumors hyped the S5 to an extent where everybody expected it to be a superphone, and when it turned to be a great but nothing new type phone everybody just bashed it. I hope Note 4 doesn't fall for the same fate.
68. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4326; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
You know something? I in my humble opinion I think that Samsung is moving away from the Galaxy S line as it's flagship phone, & moving to the Galaxy Note line as it's flagship.
It's going to be on it's 3rd year that the Galaxy Note series thrumps the Galaxy S line. To me its incredible how much better the Note's are compared to the S's.
Again that's just my opinion. I see lots of women rocking the Note. That has definitely caught my eye. Big phones in little hands.
111. ColinW (Posts: 27; Member since: 04 Jun 2014)
For me the Note 3 is the best phone even now. I prefer it to the S5 and I doubt the iPhone 6 will get as good as even the 3.
If the 4 comes anywhere near as good as what is being speculated on it will again be the one to beat.
115. fzacek (Posts: 2072; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
I've also noticed many more women with Note 3's than men. Weird...
118. pego99 (Posts: 69; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
not weird at all as women put there phones in there handbag where men use a holster or pocket and the phone is kinda big for a holster or pocket but not too big for a bag.
121. geordie8t1 (unregistered)
i agree, i had such expectation for the s5 having had all the other galaxy s models before and was looking forward to it, having seen how not such a big difference the s5 was i chose the note 3 on a nice sweet cheap price with similar specs and power for half the price with a bigger screen, i hope the note 4 will continue to improve, but again i will hold out initially for the new rumoured f series just to compare first before buying again :-)
70. mmmanuuu (Posts: 233; Member since: 05 Nov 2013)
Yo Samsung can you make a phone that can measure the quantity of semen? Lmfao
75. Tizen007 (Posts: 522; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Am I supposed to laugh at this or is this just another lame troll?
78. MrTzr (Posts: 114; Member since: 26 Jun 2013)
I found the heart rate monitor on the s5 very useless but this one isn't useless at all! It is VERY important to be aware of the amount of UV-radiation for your skin. S-health can now warn you if the level of radiation is too high and advise you how long you can stay in the sun. Chapeau Samsung.
85. Ashoaib (Posts: 2366; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
wow... this will be useful addition, better than heart rate sensor
117. newphones (Posts: 3; Member since: 18 Jul 2014)
hhh yes is just a lie, i only know that this phone is a waterproof from this post newphonescomingout2.blogspot. com/2014/05/galaxy-note-4-and-lg-g3-will-be.html
2. CheckThisOut2k (Posts: 48; Member since: 25 Apr 2014)
The day Samsung says good bye to TouchWiz, I'll get me a Samsung phone.
20. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
"they don't need you "
Try downloading Apex or Nova launcher. It's plain vanilla Android, with no Touchwiz.
53. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3576; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
That only changes the homescreen and drawer, not the whole ROM. I'd like if they trim the bloat and make it beautiful like Sense and stock android.
67. mistertimi (Posts: 76; Member since: 28 May 2014)
Thank you straightedge! Man, I can't stand it when people spew out "just get a launcher".. as if that changes the horrible settings menu, messaging, email, calculator etc haha.
69. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Ok then, root it, use triangle away app, and no one will no its a rooted handset. Even won't void warranty.
Or what you can do also is, use Ramexpander app. Touchwiz is Ram and Cpu hog, due to to so many features. Touchwiz and Kk, and Google services take up 1300mb of Ram, leaving you with 850mb Ram free, which sucks.
Ramexpander helps you to obtain extra 3gb Ram, when using clasd10 Sd card, so you can partition the Nand drive. In total you will get 4to5 gb Ram, which is great to multitasking, breezely.
103. skyline88 (Posts: 341; Member since: 15 Jul 2013)
TouchWiz might be not the best among all other Androids, but I've used so many, Sense is still at the bottom of my list, truely awful UI.
122. saffant (Posts: 228; Member since: 04 Jul 2011)
Stock android is boring as sh*t.
Only Android L is beautiful. Everything before that is a steaming pile of generic crap.
36. tenho1982 (Posts: 61; Member since: 29 Dec 2013)
They have had Non-TouchWiz versions on their flagships for the last 2 years, just for you, dude!
40. medicci37 (Posts: 688; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Idk why people are hating on his comment. It's pretty much universally agreed that touch wiz sucks & Samsungs phones would be better without it
47. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8805; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Explain why Samsung sells millions each year.
57. JakeLee (banned) (Posts: 1021; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
Sammy "bribes" carriers' executives?
They in return give more endorsement and subsidies to Sammy S-Hits?
91. iushnt (Posts: 724; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
All your comments show you hate sammy a lot. No point in feeding u.
95. tedkord (Posts: 5088; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
If that were true, copying Apple would finally be true.
74. iamoa (Posts: 75; Member since: 06 Feb 2014)
-galaxy s5 *cough* couldn't beat *cough* iphone 5c (which had extremely low sales)
- even lumia 520 *cough* was sold in *cough* millions.
selling in millions doesn't makes any device A HIT device dude.
btw, i am not a fanboy to any product. just telling the truth. :)
ps: i hope they really make note 4 one of the best as i am waiting for this and xperia z3 to come out. :)
77. Tizen007 (Posts: 522; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Where the hell were you??
Give me any evidence that the GS5 isn't beating iP5C in sales.
89. iamoa (Posts: 75; Member since: 06 Feb 2014)
aaah! 2nd fanboy is here.
btw, i am/was and will be here and not a fanboy dude. :)
anyways, here you go with the EVIDENCE and there was some thread on PA aswell if i am not wrong regarding this but i hope you'll dig it out. :p
99. Tizen007 (Posts: 522; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
lol. The U.K. is not the world dude, it won't affect the sales dramatically.
just compare UK to the USA(3RD) huge difference.
Ok. Back to iPhone 5C sales vs GS5 sales. Considering that the best selling phone of last year, GS4 sold 21 million in 3 months we would have to compare 5C with S5 mathematically since it only has been 2 months since S5 release as of JUNE.
(s5) 17 million handsets/ 2month duration : (5c)24million/ 9month duration
= 8.5 : 2.7
Therefore the 5C is no match to S5 in comparative sales.
Again I just want to mention: The rule of British dominance over the world has long ended. UK is not the world. Just in case you didn't know. :D
101. iamoa (Posts: 75; Member since: 06 Feb 2014)
wellll, you asked for *ANY* EVIDENCE of galaxy s5 beating iphone 5c so i gave you dude and yep, at *sometime* in *some place* of the world iphone 5c was better in sales than galaxy 5S. admit the fact or not, can't help it dude. :) now you wont consider UK as a part of world and that period in which 5c was better in sales than s5 by closing your eyes so cant help that either. :D
i wanted to get s5 but was seriously disappointed therefore was going for z2 but that aswell had hell of issues so just didn't went with any in h1 of 2014 so i hope they make things right with the note 4 and z3.
102. Tizen007 (Posts: 522; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
When did I say that the UK wasn't part of the world?
Let me read it to you again:
"UK is not THE world", and again... UK IS NOT THE WORLD. Sure, the 5C is selling well in the UK. But you can't generalize and apply that data to THE WHOLE WORLD . the iPhone 5C is NOT selling better than the S5 JUST BECAUSE it's selling well in the UK.
I was too kinda dissapointed with the S5 all cause of the hype before it was introduced. But its still one of the top 5 phones in the world. Z3 is going to be such a minimal upgrade from the Z2. If you wanted more from the current Z2 I bet you won't be too satisfied with Z3.
104. iamoa (Posts: 75; Member since: 06 Feb 2014)
thats exactly what i read but you didn't got my point mate. you in your first comment said give me any evidence so i did, then you said the market is kinda small in uk so wont affect dramatically so in response to that i said now if you don't wana consider uk as a part of world i can't help it as whether it does effects or not but my point was that at SOMETIME/SOME POINT iP5c was beating galaxy s5. this was in response to ANY EVIDENCE thing of yours. and one of point in 1st post was that selling millions doesnt make a device HIT. it's the *response* of people when they purchase/use it. are they satisfied/happy and did they actually prefer keeping it or not. :) anyways, lets hope for a non-disappointing note 4. yea, saw those z3 leaks, were also heart breaking dude.
109. Tizen007 (Posts: 522; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Yeah I see what you mean; I was confused because I thought you said, I said UK is not part of the world. I was like WUT? Anyhow yeah looks like Note 4 and iP6 are the only phones that have potential left to satisfy the consumers this HORRIBLE YEAR. Z3 isn't fully revealed so we'll have to wait and see what Sony has to bring to the table.
92. iushnt (Posts: 724; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
I think u should take rest, your throat is malfunctioning more than s5
62. psychox911 (Posts: 7; Member since: 10 May 2014)
Do u need me to remind u there is Google play edition without touchwiz? Ok now u knew that, get one and quit whining about it.
79. phonetekmek (Posts: 70; Member since: 04 Oct 2013)
Well seeing that Touchwiz is on their existing phones and hasn't stopped them from becoming the number 1 cell phone maker in the world, I doubt the are too concerned. The day they stop putting Touchwiz on their phones many people would start looking elsewhere.
88. DnB925Art (Posts: 372; Member since: 23 May 2013)
They Google Play Edition Sammy phones with no Touchwiz.
94. tedkord (Posts: 5088; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
That's a good idea. Maybe they could call them Google Play Editions!
21. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Useful features are more on Touchwiz, than any other Oems.
42. billgates (banned) (Posts: 555; Member since: 29 May 2014)
SAY hello to LG's Optimus us. It's just as feature rich and customizable
54. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3576; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
LG UI itself is a touchwiz wannabe, not a feature spared to rip off and yet bash samsung.
66. radeon (Posts: 11; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
True. But unfortunately gimmicks are also many more on touchwiz, than any other Oems
58. DillWeed (Posts: 81; Member since: 14 Mar 2014)
The more sensors the better. This can be used for science
105. MEeee (Posts: 279; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Others begin taking Samsung gimmicky features one by one, such as "Hi Galaxy" and "dual cam mode".
4. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3158; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
I'm worried about how this will affect all the health enthusiasts and overly protective mothers... "Oh, little Johnny! I just measured the UV index and it's over 2! You'll stay inside for the next week!"