Front plate for the next iPhone pictured as production begins
1. sbr999 posted on 16 Jul 2012, 00:25 16 11
Building up the hype I see... iPhone will lose to the android "horde" on the long run. People start liking bigger screens (No Apple, a 0.4" increase isn't enough), better hardware, now if only they'd pay for their apps so devs create apps on time. I KNOW people buy apps (including myself), but a huge majority gets them from... less trusted sources.
3. alterecho posted on 16 Jul 2012, 00:40 10 3
Not everyone has the same taste in size preference.
6. deathyyy posted on 16 Jul 2012, 00:43 8 4
I prefer 4-4.2 over 4.3+, and I know plenty of people who feel the same. iPhones will continue to be the "basic" smartphone of choice, and those who want to tweak and adjust will get androids, as they've always done.
28. sithman (banned) posted on 16 Jul 2012, 11:40 0 0
That's cuz u have 2 inches. Of screen that is wink.
24. EarnYourLeather posted on 16 Jul 2012, 06:07 2 0
That's probably the fairest and most brief android VS iOS observation I've ever read. I would just throw the phrase "high-end" after the word basic as to not ruffle any insecure feathers.
33. deathyyy posted on 18 Jul 2012, 08:02 0 0
Thanks. Heh, if someone's feathers are ruffled by me not saying high end they're crazy.
34. deathyyy posted on 18 Jul 2012, 08:03 0 0
And yes I know that means some Apple fans are definitely crazy.
19. SonyFTW2020 posted on 16 Jul 2012, 03:27 2 2
dude you just dont know how 4inches is the "sweet spot" for the new iphone, nothing more nothing less...Now all they have to do is make it look purrrty.... :)
25. Synack posted on 16 Jul 2012, 09:24 1 0
4" might be alright but they would be seriously stupid if they are just stretching out the current phone and making it longer. UGLY.
26. appleDOESNT.com posted on 16 Jul 2012, 10:49 0 0
or maybe you should say '4" is perfect for one handed operation' but ask any woman, 2 hands and bigger is just more fun for everyone! :)
32. Killer_Instinct posted on 16 Jul 2012, 22:18 2 0
- Multitasking is stupid on phones
- 4G is overrated
- 3.5 inches is the perfect screen size, any bigger than that and the phone becomes unusable
- if you use stylus you blew it
- iPad-style tablet computers with smaller 7in screens would be “dead on arrival”
WHAT IF APPLE MAKE A 4.5 SCREEN THEN YOU WILL SAY THAT IT IS THE SWEET SPOT FOR IPHONE, NOTHING MORE NOTHING LESS. LOL
2. xtian1103 posted on 16 Jul 2012, 00:37 3 1
yeah that's the problem with android apps. if their users don't pay to buy apps from their store as much as ios users do, that won't help android pull away from ios that much.
4. maverick786us posted on 16 Jul 2012, 00:42 0 0
Embedding FFC right above the earpiece is a wastage of space as they have to arrange more room for bazel.
7. Captain_Doug posted on 16 Jul 2012, 00:45 2 0
There was already plenty there to work with. ;D
5. VonRondo posted on 16 Jul 2012, 00:42 3 1
Based on the photos of the front plate, it looks like the familiar 3:2 aspect ratio used in the current iphone 4s. I think that is a good thing and predicted that Apple will stick with the same aspect ratio. The 16:9 widescreen ratio simply would not look good, and that is key to Apple.
9. Doakie posted on 16 Jul 2012, 01:02 3 0
:-/ I think your eyes are broken. That looks 16:9 to me. But I must agree with you, looking good normally has a higher priority to Apple than providing a competitive product...
11. mas11 posted on 16 Jul 2012, 01:29 4 1
It's not an HD screen so you won't be able to take full advantage of 720p video. Idk what Apple was thinking there.
18. Droid_X_Doug posted on 16 Jul 2012, 03:17 2 3
Apple hasn't patented HD video. Apple is trying to establish a different video standard for which it has a patent pending.
It is all part of the plan for world domination by Apple.
20. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 16 Jul 2012, 04:02 1 5
Looks like the Samsung galaxy s3, copy cats.
21. Reverence posted on 16 Jul 2012, 04:21 0 0
What to say...........................all ****** rumors said that the upcoming iPhone will have an all new design............and what is this.......
22. jackhammeR posted on 16 Jul 2012, 04:35 1 0
Looks like apple is a prisoner of their own resolution and they're cooking another quirkiness. 640 by 1136 pixels???
It had been a while till the others caught up apple's >300 ppi.
Now the apple is the one who's chasing the tail.
23. andro. posted on 16 Jul 2012, 06:06 2 0
Essentially the same phone with a slightly different screen,apple you really have suprised us this time!!!
29. taco50 (banned) posted on 16 Jul 2012, 11:43 0 0
I'm excited to see what the new iPhone will have.
30. Evil_SaNz posted on 16 Jul 2012, 14:22 0 0
Will have...ios6 on a bigger screen - for 700 bucks