Front plate for the next iPhone pictured as production begins
1. sbr999 (Posts: 79; Member since: 05 Jun 2012)
Building up the hype I see... iPhone will lose to the android "horde" on the long run. People start liking bigger screens (No Apple, a 0.4" increase isn't enough), better hardware, now if only they'd pay for their apps so devs create apps on time. I KNOW people buy apps (including myself), but a huge majority gets them from... less trusted sources.
3. alterecho (Posts: 1097; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Not everyone has the same taste in size preference.
6. deathyyy (Posts: 101; Member since: 20 Dec 2011)
I prefer 4-4.2 over 4.3+, and I know plenty of people who feel the same. iPhones will continue to be the "basic" smartphone of choice, and those who want to tweak and adjust will get androids, as they've always done.
14. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
My GF told me that larger is better....
28. sithman (banned) (Posts: 299; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
That's cuz u have 2 inches. Of screen that is wink.
24. EarnYourLeather (Posts: 87; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
That's probably the fairest and most brief android VS iOS observation I've ever read. I would just throw the phrase "high-end" after the word basic as to not ruffle any insecure feathers.
33. deathyyy (Posts: 101; Member since: 20 Dec 2011)
Thanks. Heh, if someone's feathers are ruffled by me not saying high end they're crazy.
34. deathyyy (Posts: 101; Member since: 20 Dec 2011)
And yes I know that means some Apple fans are definitely crazy.
19. SonyFTW2020 (Posts: 311; Member since: 03 May 2012)
dude you just dont know how 4inches is the "sweet spot" for the new iphone, nothing more nothing less...Now all they have to do is make it look purrrty.... :)
25. Synack (Posts: 674; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
4" might be alright but they would be seriously stupid if they are just stretching out the current phone and making it longer. UGLY.
26. appleDOESNT.com (banned) (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
or maybe you should say '4" is perfect for one handed operation' but ask any woman, 2 hands and bigger is just more fun for everyone! :)
32. Killer_Instinct (Posts: 22; Member since: 26 Jun 2012)
- Multitasking is stupid on phones
- 4G is overrated
- 3.5 inches is the perfect screen size, any bigger than that and the phone becomes unusable
- if you use stylus you blew it
- iPad-style tablet computers with smaller 7in screens would be “dead on arrival”
WHAT IF APPLE MAKE A 4.5 SCREEN THEN YOU WILL SAY THAT IT IS THE SWEET SPOT FOR IPHONE, NOTHING MORE NOTHING LESS. LOL
2. xtian1103 (Posts: 363; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
yeah that's the problem with android apps. if their users don't pay to buy apps from their store as much as ios users do, that won't help android pull away from ios that much.
4. maverick786us (Posts: 146; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
Embedding FFC right above the earpiece is a wastage of space as they have to arrange more room for bazel.
7. Captain_Doug (Posts: 966; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
There was already plenty there to work with. ;D
5. VonRondo (Posts: 5; Member since: 06 Jun 2012)
Based on the photos of the front plate, it looks like the familiar 3:2 aspect ratio used in the current iphone 4s. I think that is a good thing and predicted that Apple will stick with the same aspect ratio. The 16:9 widescreen ratio simply would not look good, and that is key to Apple.
9. Doakie (Posts: 1760; Member since: 06 May 2009)
:-/ I think your eyes are broken. That looks 16:9 to me. But I must agree with you, looking good normally has a higher priority to Apple than providing a competitive product...
8. zhypher_23 (Posts: 195; Member since: 04 Jun 2012)
Damn that's one "long" smartphone haha :))
11. mas11 (Posts: 1034; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
It's not an HD screen so you won't be able to take full advantage of 720p video. Idk what Apple was thinking there.
18. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Apple hasn't patented HD video. Apple is trying to establish a different video standard for which it has a patent pending.
It is all part of the plan for world domination by Apple.
20. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3099; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Looks like the Samsung galaxy s3, copy cats.
21. Reverence (Posts: 224; Member since: 16 Jul 2012)
What to say...........................all ****** rumors said that the upcoming iPhone will have an all new design............and what is this.......
22. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Looks like apple is a prisoner of their own resolution and they're cooking another quirkiness. 640 by 1136 pixels???
It had been a while till the others caught up apple's >300 ppi.
Now the apple is the one who's chasing the tail.
23. andro. (Posts: 1994; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Essentially the same phone with a slightly different screen,apple you really have suprised us this time!!!
29. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
I'm excited to see what the new iPhone will have.
30. Evil_SaNz (Posts: 259; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
Will have...ios6 on a bigger screen - for 700 bucks