First camera samples from the Lumia 925 outed by Nokia
2. _Bone_ (Posts: 2154; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
For professional DSLR photos, they are average.
4. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I'm not a professional guy, I'm a normal guy, a normal guy who loves smartphones, so I will use the normal rating!
So, my rating is : Not bad! :)
9. _Bone_ (Posts: 2154; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
I guess you missed the pun. Nokia is known for taking it's samples with professional DSLRs.
11. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I didn't missed the pun. I understand what you're saying, professional DSLR is a Digital Single-Lens Reflex camera right?
I'm just saying that I'm not a professional guy, so my rate is basic, so it's not bad.
15. pwnarena (Posts: 1129; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
i think what _bone means is "sarcasm" not pun. remember nokia was put in an awkward situation when it was discovered that the promo pics they released to tout the lumia 920 camera were actually taken by a DSLR.
17. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Nokia used to fake their promotional camera samples by taking them with DSLRs and claiming that they were taken by their devices.(Remember the L920?)
Seems like they did fake this one as well.. LMAO!
19. juandante (Posts: 463; Member since: 23 Apr 2013)
Man that can't be, it's must be a joke LOL, so anyone at Nokia's marketing service didn't see the flaws on those pictures before releasing it to 10.000 press websites ?
Man there is something witch is strange with Nokia. I tell you.
40. charms55 (Posts: 41; Member since: 08 Nov 2011)
"Man there is something witch is strange with Nokia. I tell you."
Man, you didn't see the flaw in your post before releasing it to 10,000 fanboys or other readers?
22. bon24x7 (Posts: 206; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
did they say anywhere it was taken by Nokia 920 in the ad..? too bad if you got confused. the video was used to show some of its features. all OEMs make such videos..grow up dude..
27. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Yeah right, keep lying to yourself dude..
33. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Of course I remember the L920 ad.
I hope they're not cheating us again.
18. bon24x7 (Posts: 206; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
if the sample is taken using a nokia phone they state that at the bottom..do you have atleast even one valid example where the sample was taken using a DSLR and they said it was taken using a Nokia..
24. SleepingOz (unregistered)
So why did they use these photos for the promotion of the L920 then? And why did they apologize if they've done nothing in the first place?
28. bon24x7 (Posts: 206; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
They apologised because the ad mislead the ones that saw it. It wasnt intentional and they apologised. And since then they started showing 'shot/taken by lumia/nokia' at the bottom of ads so that such confusions wont happen again..
31. SleepingOz (unregistered)
That's actually my point, why did they demonstrate L920's OIS using a DSLR camera instead of the product they're promoting itself?!
34. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
sad fact you cant accept is the 920 then proved itself validating what it can do
you keep living in the past, move on
and on a related note i never saw you say a word when samsung advertised one of there phones to have a flash which it didnt ....thats real misleading actually its complete lies from a company
you just like to slate nokia we see this, you never criticise samsung for the same thing
53. SleepingOz (unregistered)
"sad fact you cant accept is the 920 then proved itself validating what it can do"
True, but still not as good as demonstrated in the ad using the DSLR!
I'm pretty sure it was a careless mistake from Samsung Taiwan's marketing department. How can you purposely advertise something that you know people will obviously notice it's not there, at first glance?!
And no, I was just explaining _Bone_'s comment to xperiaDROID. But it seems like nokia did it again. The first picture has definitely been edited. =]
36. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3913; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
You guys take one wrong step that happened in the past and make it a big issue. Like hell came down to burn you if you don't mention it or make fun of it.
So what if the marketing strategy didn't make the headlines like it's supposed to. Atleast, appreciate things if it's good...jezz, you people are so hard to deal with.
54. moroninc (Posts: 193; Member since: 14 Jul 2012)
true, but you really think they would try that stunt again?... the good folks here at PA is bound to get their hands on one and do a camera comparison... then what ? ... no i dont think they would do it again.
30. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
For something that fits in one's pocket and makes phone calls it is amazing
5. juandante (Posts: 463; Member since: 23 Apr 2013)
Why Nokia pay for Microsoft's incompetence ? Nokia's CEO is blind ?
16. pwnarena (Posts: 1129; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
no. he's just too loyal to his previous employer.
6. pwnarena (Posts: 1129; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
these are definitely great photos. still, i wish the lumia was on android. also, hopefully these photos were really taken by the lumia 925. not the same camera promo blunder they had with the L920.
12. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Nokia can make an Android Lumia, if Elop wants to.
But Elop chose to go with Windows Phone, so we can't do anything about it. But Elop made a right choice to go with Windows Phone.
13. juandante (Posts: 463; Member since: 23 Apr 2013)
He made I right choice because in may 2013 Nokia's new phones still must have an hardware of 2012 ?
7. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
i thought she was on a magic carpet flying
38. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3913; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Me too man!
The more i try to figure it out, the more i get confused! Actually a nice one.
8. hipnotika (Posts: 353; Member since: 06 Mar 2013)
i looked at full res. version of photos on nokia.com.
its not perfect.
but i think htc one still is the best at night shots.
and day shots lumia 925 is not good as galaxy s4