FaceTime audio conference calls coming in iOS 8
After a conventional FaceTime audio call is made between two parties, additional users can be added to a call in progress. If you are a registered iOS developer, you can install the Beta version of iOS 8 on your Apple iPhone now. And even if you're not a developer, there is a way to load the iOS 8 Beta on your iPhone now, by taking advantage of a glitch in Apple's Beta delivery system.
As we get closer to the release of iOS 8, which should take place around the same time that the Apple iPhone 6 is released, more previously unannounced features of iOS 8 will probably be discovered.
source: 9to5Mac via GSMArena
1. Sauce (unregistered)
Hey Alan, can you do an article on Apples new feature "Handoff"?
28. DEATHSTROKE9 (Posts: 399; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
Ikr!!! The continuity feature blew me away. I want a MacBook with Yosemite now!
2. clevername (Posts: 1435; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
So its a super innovative feature called facetime audio conference calls? Sounds totally different than a regular conference call because.... Cuz... Cuz... It uses internet? And its only for IOS devices?
3. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"Sounds totally different than a regular conference call because.... Cuz... Cuz... It uses internet?"
4. wilsong17 (unregistered)
doesnt ovoo already have this lol
7. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
That's what official ooVoo webpage say:
"Get your whole crew together on ooVoo — up to 12 friends at once — with FREE multi-stream and high-definition video calls."
8. wilsong17 (unregistered)
thank you i see what you did there
10. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I just checked info on ooVoo web page. :)
11. nctx77 (Posts: 954; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
So what? it's an app available for ios, Android and windows. What is your point? There are a lot of apps that do a lot of things. That's what apps are for. Apple just decided to add the voice part to its FaceTime app. Hell, there are apps that can read your heart rate......
13. wilsong17 (unregistered)
point is 1 ifan going to say apple invented this which is not true blind
2 nobody knows the outcome after this if we are going to see lawsuit saying apple made this
19. nctx77 (Posts: 954; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
I have never in my life seen someone so concerned about a company getting credit for inventing something. Is there going to be money coming out of your pocket? Show the proof that Apple said they invented this. If people think that, that's there problem, not Apples as long as they didn't say it.
22. wilsong17 (unregistered)
Cuz as long you get your iPhone you don't care about the lawsuit
23. darkkjedii (Posts: 14748; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Well said man, all they do is whine whine, and whine. Not one red cents coming from them, apple isn't saying crap. They just don't like that apple will implement it better than its is on their fav platform. Everybody bites off everybody nowadays, apple is just known for slick sleek implementation of features. Look at FaceTime, most vid chat apps suck, but FaceTime is done very good. Wilsong, c'mon bro don't be an Arte or PhoneArenaUser dude. +1 nctx77
29. wilsong17 (unregistered)
you is ok if apple copy, every one copy but is the lawsuit and the blind people that kill the moment
5. darkkjedii (Posts: 14748; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
iOS 8 just keeps getting better. Post 1, 2, 3, and 4 typical hate.
6. wilsong17 (unregistered)
why would i hate apple when i dont even buy apple products tf are you drinking
31. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
He's imaginary iWife feeds him iFoods and iDrinks
9. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Comment #2 is a sarcasm.
Comments #3 and #4 are facts.
17. Finalflash (Posts: 2098; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Comment #1 is a well known iFan begging for more koolaid. These iFans really need to work on their critical reading skills.
30. clevername (Posts: 1435; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
I'm not hating on apple. Unlike most people here I have love for gadgets regardless of OS. I'm actually glad for this feature. It'll help push. The industry forward even if only a little. I just thought it was kinda funny.
12. greatoneiw (Posts: 41; Member since: 08 Apr 2014)
even viber has a coming soon video chat
im using skype for Vchats and its great , and has been for a year for me
15. sip1995 (Posts: 1239; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
+ You can now make group video chats for FREE on Skype.
14. darkkjedii (Posts: 14748; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Can't wait till fall, Walking Dead, football, MLB playoffs, and iPhone time.
16. sip1995 (Posts: 1239; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
Can't wait till fall, Simpsons, MLB playoffs and Nokia lumia time :)
18. darkkjedii (Posts: 14748; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
How do you like Nokia's? The last one I had, was the e71 that looked like a blackberry. Never owned a touchscreen Nokia. I loved the e71 BTW.
20. sip1995 (Posts: 1239; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
I like it cuz Nokia is a European company and has great big phones.