Exclusive: the LG G3 will feature a 5.5-inch Quad HD display and advanced personalization
1. Apple4Ever (banned) (Posts: 14; Member since: 14 Mar 2014)
look at that bezel
this looks good but what is going on in the back with those buttons?
4. maherk (Posts: 3368; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
you do know that it is photoshoped? And how on earth does this thing look good?
7. Apple4Ever (banned) (Posts: 14; Member since: 14 Mar 2014)
from the front besides what i think is the speaker grill it looks pretty dam good
43. Saamic (Posts: 119; Member since: 20 Feb 2012)
I think 5.5 inches may be slightly too large to allow the phone to be suitably compact. I do not want this phone to be any larger than the G2.
69. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
The rear looks ugly
Please I hope it's not Smapdragon 801, 805, but a much powerful Tegra5 or the Exynos A15,,,,?
Another plastic phone by LG, do they ever listen to what customers need and want? We are really fed up with plastic plastic ,,,, come on LG you know plastic is not quality and prestige
72. LGisgood (Posts: 833; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
who told you as if that would be the Real design of G3?LOL
Plastic Phone? I
its more good for your Health!
it can protects you from SAR Electromagnetic Radiation and its does have BETTER Reception SIGNAL!
also LONG LIFE SPAN....
At least YOU LEARN from US.
we love it! and its more practical to use than one-sided button.
78. jcdz89 (Posts: 78; Member since: 01 Mar 2013)
U r a born LG fan.. its useless to argue with u.. anyway I disappointed with s5 so really hope go will come with a better look & build quality. .
79. thunder18 (Posts: 126; Member since: 06 Aug 2009)
LG did premium on the Optimus G last year. Did you buy one to support them and show them they were onto something? I did.
82. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Quit complainin bout bezels
84. LocoCHON (Posts: 3; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
Is this website like Bezel Nazi or something? Is this what technology has made you all?!
87. somebody (Posts: 9; Member since: 27 Mar 2014)
I think it just a sample picture. Not the really phone will looks like, even not the leaks
2. Derekjeter (Posts: 805; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
I just jizzed my pants. This will beat any other phone in 2014. Go LG!! I love my G2. After trying the disgrace of a phone NOKIA Icon I can say I will stay with LG for a long time. I can't wait.
6. Apple4Ever (banned) (Posts: 14; Member since: 14 Mar 2014)
lol dude i can tell u didnt use the icon
21. ihavenoname (Posts: 1693; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
How can you tell that he didn't have one?
29. Derekjeter (Posts: 805; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
Did you try it? Or are you one of those people that only read reviews. Go in to a store and hold it. The phone is heavy, edges are sharp, what was worst was the OS, i couldn't stand the lack of simple stuff. So like i said crappy phone.
31. akki20892 (Posts: 3900; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Hahaha, you don't even know how was the icon.
I went in Verizon store in on nicholasville road in Lexington, ky. Icon was not heavy at all, and edges are not sharp it was comfortable. And that 3 column of tiles Looks fantastic. And I'm not lying.
34. maherk (Posts: 3368; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
I didn't find it THAT heavy, but it is heavier than it's competitors, and I also didn't like the sharp and thick edges that much. it all depends on how big the palms of our hands are.
36. akki20892 (Posts: 3900; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Looks like you used to with your Samsung round edges.
61. mr.techdude (Posts: 569; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
hey i would rather use rounded edges then being cut by sharp edges, IDIOT OR your some kind of emo.
62. akki20892 (Posts: 3900; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Is that sharp knife around phone. Idiot use your brain.
You Girl use your cheap phone, we r boys who use gorgeous and tough phones.
65. mr.techdude (Posts: 569; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Lol, don't mistake me for using a Sammy I hate their cheap products, I use the HTC one and one x. Their much more gourgeous then nokia. Cant deny that
66. Jason2k13 (Posts: 1117; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
I dont think you have said anything negative about any windows/nokia phones.
37. Apple4Ever (banned) (Posts: 14; Member since: 14 Mar 2014)
i own an icon, it was a gift and i can tell you thats its friggin awesome
45. darkkjedii (Posts: 19470; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
DJ, you can explain this to people till you're blue in the face dude, it's a waste of time. If thinking of u didn't like it, the fanboys are gonna say you didn't have one, keep it pushin yo. It's not worth the headache, for them not to believe you anyway, cuz there's no possible way you can dislike something they love.
48. Apple4Ever (banned) (Posts: 14; Member since: 14 Mar 2014)
dark, even from his other posts he makes it quite obvious he has it out for WP, and "disgrace of a phone the icon" really thats like saying the note 3 is garbage
51. darkkjedii (Posts: 19470; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I just remember posting stuff from my note 2&3, while being told I didn't have them and that I was lying. It's gotten to the point of just posting, and leaving it at that. My post was generalizing though, not targeting.
52. darkkjedii (Posts: 19470; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Oops I meant "if you didn't like it" damn pre programmed shortcuts
81. pootyash (Posts: 5; Member since: 21 Mar 2014)
As much as I hate asking advice from Derek Jeter...
If you had to buy a new phone in the next MONTH - would you get the G2, New HTC One, or Galaxy S5?
PS - Go Orioles!
3. maherk (Posts: 3368; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
5.5"??!! That's absurd. This stupid trend should stop, 5" is the perfect size for a screen on a PHONE, other than that it's a phablet! Next year the S6 will feature a 6" screen, Sony 6.1" and G4 6.5".
10. engineer-1701d (Posts: 3214; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
i fully agree the screens are getting to big i find the 5 perfect for most things the g flex is stupidly big like the mega the htc one max and notes are still to big in my mind,becomes a problem when its hard to put in pocket with anything else or if you ride a bike its sometimes to big uncomfortable
12. maherk (Posts: 3368; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
I don't mind big screens, I have a note 3.The point is that the majority out there doesn't like big screens, so just like each of the major OEMs have 2 flagships, one is your everyday smartphone, and the other is a phablet, they should stick to that. Push the boundaries when it comes to screens in the phablet flagship, and and leave the S, Z, and G within the 5" range.
18. mickeygosselin (Posts: 40; Member since: 11 Dec 2013)
I have a note 2, and while it does have a much larger screen than most peoples phones I don't find it to be an inconvenience, for my next phone I'm looking at the z2, but in my opinion the screen size doesn't matter too much if they can fit it into a small body, the phones actual size is what to look for, I think 5" is just a little too small though I like the phones around 5.2"
59. KParks23 (Posts: 579; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
The screen size is irrelevant my s3 with a 4.8 inch screen I think.. Is almost exactly the same size as the g2 with a 5.2 inch screen.. so how can people continue to bitch about screen size? If u wanna complain do it on the actual size of the device not the screen!!!
13. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 1368; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
Tell that to my G2 which is still on 4.2 while all major flagships are on 4.4
15. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 2086; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
What carrier? The international, AT&T, and T-Mobile G2 have been updated to 4.4.2.
17. DigitalJedi_X2 (banned) (Posts: 346; Member since: 30 Jan 2012)
Which carrier are you on? T-Mobile and At&t are either officially on or pushing out the 4.4.2 update as we speak. International carriers already have the update.
54. TMach (Posts: 449; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
My G2 is Sim Free (uk based) and still stuck on 4.2.2! Probably my last LG phone! Lack of support is a deal breaker!
57. DigitalJedi_X2 (banned) (Posts: 346; Member since: 30 Jan 2012)
That's odd because the international versions of the G2 recieved the update before the US did.
73. iTechies (Posts: 88; Member since: 28 Dec 2013)
"LGisGOOD" - when we talk about copying samsung :))
11. engineer-1701d (Posts: 3214; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
i dont think the bezel thing has been a problem for the last 2 years if its 2 thin you brake the screen easier and you sometimes to many times touch something with your pad when one hand operation and trying to hit something else.
49. vincelongman (Posts: 3980; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Yes, they should remove their logo and place another speaker there instead.
70. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
True, just like SonyZ.
Get rid of those bezels LG
9. darkvadervip (Posts: 365; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
Sounds like LG being innovative compare to samsung!
14. maherk (Posts: 3368; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
and your assumption is build on a rumor and a photoshoped picture?
35. Tizen007 (Posts: 575; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
How do you just assume that his opinion is based solely on the concept image?
39. maherk (Posts: 3368; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
you did notice that there was a question mark at the end of my comment??????? I hope you were able to see them in here.
40. Tizen007 (Posts: 575; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
You specifically mentioned "rumor and a photoshoped picture" which indicates that you were "assuming" that user 'darkvadervip' was keeping that as his basis when he wrote the comment 'maherk'.
46. Doakie (Posts: 1855; Member since: 06 May 2009)
Well this phone is gaining on the Note 3 in screen size and I would say the Note 3 is the best, most refined Phablet out there. It's the best of all world's IMO. I would have probably bought a G2 before my Note 3 if I was able to put a Multitasking button as one of the On Screen Buttons on the G2. Being able to customize those buttons and still not have the ability to make one a Multitasking button pissed me off. So now I have a Note 3 that I run Swipe Home Button on and I'm happy.
50. wargreymon (Posts: 669; Member since: 05 Nov 2013)
LG G Pro 2 has a multitasking button that you can add so Im gonna bet G3 will be getting this and maybe G2 too in future update.
16. Cha7520 (Posts: 221; Member since: 31 Oct 2010)
Whats up the the side ways buttons on the back??? REALLY??
20. DigitalJedi_X2 (banned) (Posts: 346; Member since: 30 Jan 2012)
I've never had a problem with bezels. Thats purely subjective. I don't mind them. They do not hinder my enjoyment of the device. And being that I have big hands, screen sizes that are 5 inches or better are perfect for me and much better for viewing media.
LG has really improved. They may actually be the *best* Android OEM this year. Top knotch hardware and software. Different/Innovative design or placements. They're even getting better with updates. Loving my G2. Best Android phone of 2013 and the G3 looks like its on track to be among the best, if not the best, Android phone of 2014.
22. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Lol that concept looks
5. And what not
23. cai4651 (Posts: 26; Member since: 09 Mar 2014)
What part of "is just a Concept" you don't understand? . We can't talk about the design unless we see real pictures of it.
And yes, I think that this is going to be a phablet ... and i supose that we could see some waterproof in g3 to..so i don't think that this will have a bezel free design....
33. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
I know its a concept and i am bashing the concept itself fool. What an horrible work of rendering and photoshop.