Dual-core Samsung Exynos 4212 gets announced, ticks at 1.5GHz, packs a faster GPU
1. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
lets see this in the Prime and future Motorolas. (:
5. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
Let motorola make their own chipset. This is why the s2 is unique.
12. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4814; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Thump3rDX17 did you see the Motorola Droid 4? They should put this 1.5 GHz Exynos chip on the Droid 4. Imagine all that goodness & LTE! Wow, I would be that would be your next phone!
15. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4814; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Sorry man, I meant to say I would bet that.....
I type too fast for my own good! :-(
21. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
that would be the phone i marry and grow old with. xD
3. ledbetterp3 (Posts: 467; Member since: 31 Aug 2011)
thats crazy, i wish other manufacturers would get chips like this, i dont really like samsung...
4. DKMDROID (Posts: 103; Member since: 09 Aug 2011)
Samsung makes awesome hardware enough said and before any iSheep come to troll they should remember where the iPhone 4 and ipad 2 chips come from ;) can't wait to see the benchmarks for this chip I know it'll be epic....for a dual core ....
6. som (Posts: 768; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
If people don't like Samsung, don't buy Samsung products. This a free world and freedom of choices, but will end up using Samsung components in other companies products. Samsung is one of the World largest components maker every companies using Samsung components at least once in every gadgets devices. Apple trying to stay away from using Samsung components this is why iPhone 5 is delay.
7. Phullofphil (Posts: 801; Member since: 10 Feb 2009)
I just hope it supports LTE. Because thes chips have the best benchmark scores out of all the rest of the ARM based chips and I am sure this will be no exception.
8. shollen (unregistered)
was planning to have s2 next month but now it seems that handset will be dwarfed by this new soc.read to wait for this soc's device.
9. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
if this is in the prime, there is no other phone on the table to think about. prime it is.
10. nyamo (Posts: 274; Member since: 19 Mar 2011)
the S2 is so tempting but if this is right around the corner, no doubt you are right
13. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
considering at this point they are only going to be a month or 2 appart from release, i can wait for the bigger HD screen, even better processor, and garunteed upgrades. I think i finally found electronics nirvana.. lol
23. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
looks like ill sell my gs2 which i have had since may and when the prime gets released in the uk...i just want a hd amoled screen so badly...
11. cheetah2k (Posts: 1526; Member since: 16 Jan 2011)
"..select third party companies will be also given the chance to test the chip for use in their own smartphones or tablets. The privileged manufacturers....."
The privileged manufacturers = not Apple :-p
14. iankellogg (Posts: 155; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
Why would apple even want this chip? They make their own hardware and switched to tsmc.
16. roldefol (Posts: 4108; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Not necessarily because they've found something better, just because they don't want to rely on a competitor for vital parts.
17. henrickrw (Posts: 408; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
This is nice. I´m happy with the S2, but when the new samsung devices arrived I simply sell the S2 & purchase a new one. That´s it.
18. darth8ball (Posts: 520; Member since: 02 Aug 2011)
I am hoping to see this on the Nexus Prime. My Bionic is going back for either the Prime or the Droid HD, but with this chip the Prime wins the comparison
19. anirudhshirsat97 (Posts: 408; Member since: 24 May 2011)
holy s**t......!!! that exynos chip will beat the crap out of every other processor out there...until the quad cores arrive that is...
20. Forsaken77 (Posts: 553; Member since: 09 Jun 2011)
Hopefully HTC puts this in the Holiday. That would make an already awesome phone that much better. But I think they're in bed with Qualcomme and their crap processors. I'm passing up the GS2 for the Holiday because at this point in time the GS2 is outdated or will be very shortly. The S3 will be announced in a few months. Hopefully Sammy gets the U.S. version to us in a timely manner next time. Because even though I was waiting on the GS2 for months, they lost my business and I'm sure I'm not the only one. And they have the balls to ask top dollar for a 6 month old device. That phone should be bargain-bin pricing by now.
22. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
wait.. your passing up the GS2 which is superior in every way to the holliday, because u think the GS2 is going to be outdated soon?!?!?!?!? you realize that makes no sense what so ever. And samsung announcing the S3 sometime in 2012 means we wont see it in america for a year or longer since we seem to have a 6 month delay from asian launches.
24. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
Great chip on paper but it will be marginalized in the market just like how RIM got marginalized.