Drunken RIM executives chewed through restraints aboard Air Canada flight
The two executives, George Campbell, 45, and Paul Alexander Wilson, 38, were described by fellow passengers as “quite intoxicated” when they boarded the plane. One passenger, when asked to describe their behavior after take off, said,
Campbell, in particular, threatened to “off people when they left the plane.” He later lay on his belly in the aisle and started kicking the floor. One of the two also assaulted a flight attendant and threatened to punch another flight attendant. Eventually, crew members attempted to restrain the men with plastic handcuffs and tape, but Campbell and Wilson managed to “chew their way through their restraints.”
The prosecution in this case described the men’s behavior as “way over the top.” Although both men have pleaded guilty to mischief and ordered to pay Air Canada a combined $77,000, Air Canada is estimating that the ordeal cost them close to $200,000 and is expected to sue for the remaining balance.
source: CBC News via SlashGear
1. Kmack (Posts: 26; Member since: 15 Nov 2011)
nom nom nom nom nom.... didn't they know that food is served on airplanes now?
2. paulyyd (Posts: 320; Member since: 08 Jan 2011)
lesson learned? dont f**k with blackberry executives, deey don't play that s**t mhmmmmmmmm hahahh
3. Sniggly (Posts: 6490; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Damn. I think there was more than alcohol involved. That sounds more like a couple varieties of drug.
4. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
This is the funniest news ive read since the german puppy hells angels fiasco.
5. corporateJP (Posts: 1289; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
If they only had this type of tenacity for the products they delivered...
6. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
bhahahaha.. omg. really?? they threw a tantrum on the floor and chewed through their plastic restraints???? These guys just get done watching Con Air or what? lol. what a bunch of doofs.
7. Cwebb (Posts: 501; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
So, two RIM executives get on a plane right...
9. Uzzelien (Posts: 131; Member since: 22 Feb 2011)
Shoudn't they say the two ex RIM employees?
10. hepresearch (unregistered)
mmmmmm... plaaasticcc! YUMMY!
11. Hyperion (Posts: 1; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
O, man you guys are making my day today. Between the story and you guys it's just to funny.