DROID RAZR MAXX releasing on Jan 26
But as we learned at CES earlier this week, the Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX will actually offer a higher capacity battery than the standard DROID RAZR - coming in at an amazing 3300mAh. This is said to increase the talk time to an incredible 21 hours (on a full charge), which should satisfy even the most hungry power users. Though this does increase the thickness of the device from 7.10mm to 8.99mm and the weight from 127g to 145g.
Verizon announced that the pricing for the Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX would be $299.99 with a 2-year contract, but neglected to give a release date. Instead, it has appeared on Motorola's site, which says the device will be available on January 26th. We would imaging that the original DROID RAZR will drop in price some at that time, since it is currently being sold at $299.99.
Be sure to check out our hands-on with the Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX.
1. KingKurogiii posted on 13 Jan 2012, 16:02 3 2
i heard it'll also come out in White. is that true?
17. mandkeee posted on 14 Jan 2012, 01:02 1 0
it will come with only black for motorola razr maxx...
white black and purple are come with only motorola razr...
and it will be $199.99 with 2 years contract...
and also it will be 16GB ....microsd pre-installed....
only razr maxx has 32gb
18. mandkeee posted on 14 Jan 2012, 01:03 1 0
and also motorola bionic will be $149.99 with 2 years contract...
droid charge will be $149.99 with 2 years contract....
2. passion_plus posted on 13 Jan 2012, 16:20 2 4
As a consolation, for the early adopters of the Droid Razr I wish Moto/VZW offers them to get the battery and backpanel replaced for a few extra bucks. It's a win-win for everyone.
3. rockstarlive posted on 13 Jan 2012, 17:16 1 0
Yeah, white, black, purple...
As for the rumored bigger screen bigger camera, that could be the RAZR X
4. handicrapguy posted on 13 Jan 2012, 17:30 1 2
Wow 3300mah and still a slim 9mm! Sadly too big for my tiny hands :(
5. mctcm posted on 13 Jan 2012, 17:51 5 2
kind of annoying.. i feel moderate buyers remorse at having a galaxy nexus. razr maxx is a better device. however, having that unlocked bootloader is a huge plus.
and I'm not saying the GN isnt great, only that among two great devices, I think I would choose the razr maxx.
7. KingKurogiii posted on 13 Jan 2012, 18:20 3 2
trade it. the Galaxy Nexus will still carry the most weight in value on Verizon.
6. networkdood posted on 13 Jan 2012, 18:18 1 0
wow, already...no thanks - Happy with my RAZR - the MAXX should have came out in NOV......
8. thelegend6657 posted on 13 Jan 2012, 18:26 1 5
It should not be called a razr cause it is so thick . What a marketing by Verizon , Droid Maxx maybe ?
9. taz89 posted on 13 Jan 2012, 19:38 3 0
if 3000+ battery in a 9mm thin profile is possible then all future phones should have that much battery from now on...ill be willing to pay extra if it meant i could get that much battery without sacrificing the look and bulk...that why i stay away from extended batterys as many just look out of place.
10. Sackboy117 posted on 13 Jan 2012, 20:00 0 0
ikr like most batteries made by other companies with 3000+ mAh double or even triple the size of the phone
12. taz89 posted on 13 Jan 2012, 20:10 2 2
lol I know they look ugly as hell aswel...at least we know its possible to have large capacity battery in a slim form factor so if oems now say its not possible or they couldn't fit it in then they are lying lol especially if they have a phone that is over 10mm they should have no excuse about not having at least 2500
11. c.hack posted on 13 Jan 2012, 20:00 0 7
Still no ICS, and still a low rez pentile crappy display?? How about the Razr Suxx
13. mctcm posted on 13 Jan 2012, 21:31 2 0
in a blind test, i guarantee you couldnt tell the difference in normal usage
21. mobileuser posted on 14 Jan 2012, 22:47 3 1
ICS is coming in a few months to this phone. Pentile low rev.display is not a problem at all. At least the display is better than my Samsung SGSII. Only bias people will criticise the Razr display without having used it at all. This Razr maxx bring the smart phone battery to a new standard that no other smart phone in the smart phone industry can compete. Motorola has once again set new standard to the smart phone industry that other manufacturers have to catch up.
14. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 13 Jan 2012, 22:25 1 3
Sorry to say it but no thanks. Here's why:
1: No 4.5 720p display. Like the one that was overseas, big disappointment.
2: I have a charger everywhere I go. Three at home in the major rooms I'm at. 1 at work where it can charge all day and 1 in my car.
3: I am impressed with the size of the battery but without real world and true testings, this might not be as impressive as they claim. We have all seen that before. Honestly, it's just not worth it. If you already have a RAZR and are ok with battery life, it's just not worth it.
16. KingKurogiii posted on 14 Jan 2012, 00:37 2 0
1. Okay, that sucks but it's a trade off so oh well.
2. That works but so does having a phone you don't have to have plugged up all the time.
3. How can it not be impressive? It's a Razr with close to double the battery life. There's no factors here that make it suck battery any faster than a Razr or a Nexus.
15. cs1553 posted on 13 Jan 2012, 23:15 0 0
Great, just what I want to hear: like the Droid 4 (which I've been waiting for since late November), they're not going to release the Maxx until AFTER the Jan 15 deadline for signing up for 4G "Double the Data"...
19. Hallucinator posted on 14 Jan 2012, 11:08 0 2
Im sure there will be a white Droid 4 a month after the black one comes out, then a droid 4 deluxe and maybe a super droid 4 deluxe.