Come see the Samsung Galaxy S4 running on Tizen
A series of pictures from Tizen Indonesia shows version 3.0 of the OS running on a Samsung Galaxy S4. What you see might not be what you get as further changes could be made to the UI before the platform is launched on a device. According to the site, that launch won't happen until Q1 of next year.
On the other hand, nothing ever is what it seems when talking about Tizen, launch dates and specific Tizen powered devices. We've seen our share of alleged Tizen driven handsets and certain launch dates never come to fruition, so let's just call this a situation in flux for the time being.
Samsung Galaxy S4 powered by Tizen 3.0 Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
Samsung Galaxy S5 rumor round-up: release date, price and specs
03 Dec 2013, 05:54
Cyber Monday 2013 deals on phones, tablets and other electronics
01 Dec 2013, 10:55
Android 4.4 KitKat update: release date, features and rumors
31 Oct 2013, 02:31
Living with the LG G2: a long-term review
03 Dec 2013, 07:53
Samsung Galaxy S4 powered by Tizen 3.0
Thanks, Anonymous Tipster!
source: TizenIndonesia (translated)
1. apple4never (Posts: 372; Member since: 08 May 2013)
button theme looks familiar....wp8 possibly
12. Long1 (banned) (Posts: 399; Member since: 18 May 2013)
No one article without "hairdressers-designers" coments. LOL
Apple totally brainwashed you guys.
To the point: Tizen is OS that is supposed to work on PC and smartphones as well. Nothing to do with the dumb-phone iOS, or even Android. That is the most important here.
Alan F... should know that Google CAN NOT do anything to Samsung or whoever else using android (open platform), no matter, how much intrigues iMedia try to do.
And do not forget that not only Samsung, but also Intel are there.
22. rodneyej1 (Posts: 650; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Why must everyone copy the beautiful windowsphone OS❔
32. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 470; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
Yeah.. This design is flat and most probably. WP+Android+iOS hybrid device.
2. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 569; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Could they just hurry up with it already! I cant wait to try it out, a part of me is growing a bit tired of Android.
16. volcano (Posts: 196; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
why waste your time on a clone OS when you have the original windows phone OS
19. Suo.Eno (Posts: 55; Member since: 17 Feb 2013)
Easy son... Just probably the buttons\\\' look and nothing else. Overall UI, UX, and the more critical bread and butter kernel + OS + apps\\\' will be ahead of your so-called \\\"orig\\\" WP...IF it\'s done right anyways.
20. volcano (Posts: 196; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
metro design + icons + lockscreen stupid samsung with Zero brain cells we all know they can\\\'t design they copied apple and now they are copying windows phone and the funny thing even apple, google and blackberry copied windows phone / windows / Microsoft Design language
29. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1476; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
WTF how did google copy the WP phone design language!, And why are there so many blind WP fans now!
23. rodneyej1 (Posts: 650; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Why must everyone copy the beautiful windowsphone OS❔
33. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 470; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
Easy now volcano. Samsung followers will be flocking at your back. You\'ll get burned. :)
38. volcano (Posts: 196; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
lol care o meter Zero if they are truly samsung fans they won\'t accept what samsung doing what the point of having huge amount of cash if you are going to copy compititors work
its a shame to see big company like samsung without unique identity we dont need copiers in smartphone market we need and we expect each company to spend money on research design and providing different experience to users
3. uchihakurtz (Posts: 128; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Looks like WP8 that got TouchWized, but looks good IMO.
4. Bootutu (Posts: 117; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
Very nice, release it already as a ROM to flash, might give it a go.
6. softfurryanus (banned) (Posts: 232; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
I haven't seen enough to make any fair judgments yet.
8. dmsrfl (Posts: 20; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
apparently Sammy can\'t be original. looks like WP8.
9. someones4 (Posts: 607; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
might just be me but the colour scheme in the music player looks really distasteful.
15. volcano (Posts: 196; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
apprently these idiots at samsung have no brain to think about anything blind windowsphone copiers they did not even bother changing messaging icon from how it looks on windows phone even the lockscreen look like windowsphone
17. FadyNabil (Posts: 34; Member since: 10 May 2013)
Metro inspired! but looks nice. seems that metro UI is the next design trend. Samsung copied Apple IOS before and now copying windows phone.
25. rodneyej1 (Posts: 650; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Funny because everyone always puts WP down for being ugly and plain... Turns out it really is the best looking OS around..
39. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
Says you. There\'s plenty of reasons why WP is a very far distant third.
18. sam.7 (Posts: 68; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
man thats window's metro style influenced.. microsoft must take some action
27. rodneyej1 (Posts: 650; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
I think MS see's these copy cat OS's and figures it might give WP extra credibility.. I mean read the comments.. Almost every one has mention of WP... This is great for WP when put into perspective....
31. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1476; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Again just stop spreading WP rubbish this is not a WP article!
40. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 650; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
no one is spreading WP rubbish picture 6 it's pretty clear where those icons are from!
35. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 661; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Almost all the comments are you praising Windows...
21. BooBooooooo (Posts: 37; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
I want to see its home screen not the locked screen and music player
24. rodneyej1 (Posts: 650; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Just get windowsphone❕... WP is a very good OS,, the best in my opinion..
26. zachattack (Posts: 202; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
i get it... no one gets mad when s**tty samsung copies others. I would rather own a windows phone than a samsung piece of junk that has two bad OS's on it
36. SIGPRO (Posts: 317; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
Euhm please correct your statement PA, we dont see Tizen runing on this phone. We only see pictures! So no real time os running!
37. Bootutu (Posts: 117; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
Nobody cares about bugged down closed source WP, Tizen is nothing like WP, i dont\' see no useless tiles flipping all over the place like a disco dance floor here, its more powerful, fully open source and highly customisable just like Android, so you WP fans should just STFU!....WP is even more boring than iOS, as the latter can be jailbroken.
41. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 650; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
lol calm your farm we're talking about the UI concept and WP is not bugged that's one advantage of being closed source lol
wp can be rommed too but it's harder 3rd of all Tizen isn't even full open source lol it's partially open source but it's under a flora licence which isn't open source!
42. Cyberchum (Posts: 138; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Every new OS incorporates one or more feature from existing ones, that's how we move forward. Pad to tell you but your darling Android borrowed features and functions from Symbian and WinMo 6.
43. Ronny666 (Posts: 98; Member since: 08 Jun 2013)
Wow...there are so many WP8 guinea pigs here but just afraid of new Tizen? The only reason they are obsessed with WP8 is just because they cannot let go their old sentiments (Nokia). Come on, move on...
44. Pancholo (Posts: 299; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
In the end, most people will hate on Tizen just because it is Samsung\'s child, not because of anything else.
Also, not every collection of colorful squares is WP-inspired. I\'m sorry, but WP fans try too hard with that one. Every OS is \"pretty\" at some point and when it comes to certain functionalities - that\'s how I see it.
45. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 650; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
bro look at the messaging WP it's the exact same as the one on WP