Cases and molds for the 5th-gen Apple iPad confirms smaller bezel, Apple iPad mini like design
The next full-sized iPad will be constructed with a back made of "shiny, modern aluminun" according to a report, and a picture of another case for the slate shows the same smaller bezel and design cues taken from the Apple iPad mini including the rounded corners. From time to time, we have seen leaks appear for this tablet and all of them show a thinner, lighter design that looks like an iPad mini on steroids. Using new displays that have smaller LEDs is how Apple plans on reducing the size and weight of the device.
For example, not only do we have the case mold to look at, but pictures of another third party case have leaked and once again it supports the idea that the fifth iPad will be the Apple iPad mini's big brother. Checkout the slideshow below.
source: AppleInsider, Engadget
Alleged case molds and cases for the Apple iPad 5 Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
Did you know: 5 interesting facts about Android L
20 Jul 2014, 10:02
Alleged case molds and cases for the Apple iPad 5
1. amats69 (Posts: 968; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
when it came to tablet i still prefer Ipads! but on mobile i prefer Androids! :)
4. amats69 (Posts: 968; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
whats with the thumbsdown? this is my own preference not yours!.LOL
9. amats69 (Posts: 968; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
oh i agree! see what they did to my "LOL" comment? hahahahaha
10. Aeires (unregistered)
They've become worthless as a result. Write a positive comment, get thumbed down. Write a negative comment, get thumbed down. Senseless to even care about red thumbs anymore.
14. darkkjedii (Posts: 10103; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Lots of closed minded individuals on this site, that only believe in choice when that choice is android
21. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1301; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
even i prefer your definition ,i use a Android phone and a ios tablet simply because it runs media brilliantly
28. Slammer (Posts: 935; Member since: 03 Jun 2010)
I just wrote to the editors not too long ago and suggested that if someone thumbs down a comment, they should have to submit a viable argument on why it was thumbed down. As the author of comment 10 suggested, I don't care about thumbs down unless it is coupled with an intelligent, healthy debate on why I could be wrong in a comment. That's how we learn. Otherwise, it's just douchebaggery plain and simple.
30. darkkjedii (Posts: 10103; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Totally agree with u slammer. PA needs to clean up this site, I talk to users of this site on other sites. Most say they don't enjoy PA as much due to the constant insults, and disrespect. Look around and you'll notice a lot of old timers don't come here anymore.
40. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
good idea, or atleast show who thumbs the comments down so you can clearly see who they are. this would show the ones that thumb every comment down on wp articles, apple articles and bb ones.
ive said this many times but the comment section is becoming android centric
44. tiara6918 (Posts: 1322; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
It would definitely be a great idea for pa to add as an option to see who gave you a thumbs up/down. Other sites do that too. For example,something like what disqus did,only you can see who gave you a thumbs up on your feed. So we can finally see who are those trolling. Btw,I don't think this will cause a fanwar
37. akki20892 (Posts: 3251; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Go apple go, we love u apple, u r best in the world, u r genius, more innovation, great product................go apple go..........!!!
sorry guys i have to say this because they pay me for this.........LOL
2. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6135; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
It's the same thing. They can't get any smaller
3. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5047; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
No thank you!
I'm not interested on Apple products right now! :)
11. yyuu1000 (Posts: 152; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
Why dislike i am not interested in apple too.Hate the apple fanboys
13. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5047; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Just ignore them, they think that Apple makes excellent products that people want to buy! lol xD
42. darkkjedii (Posts: 10103; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Ummm apple does make excellent products, that people want to buy. Check JD Power, consumer reports, etc. dude you're starting to suck man.
45. yyuu1000 (Posts: 152; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
look how far behind apple is compared to andriod in everything,screen,cpu,ppi,features,and the price too high
46. darkkjedii (Posts: 10103; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Your comment doesn't dismiss what I said at all. Come again please. Honda is behind Bentley, but that doesn't mean Honda doesn't make excellent products that's people wanna buy
48. yyuu1000 (Posts: 152; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
Bently costs more and makes better cars but apple costs more but make bad stuff
49. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5047; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Dark, this is my opinion! My cousin is using an iPad 3, I used to play it when I met him. But I don't know why, it slowly makes me feel boring when playing the iPad.
Not everything is excellent, we can't say Apple is excellent, we can't say Samsung is excellent.
And I suck for saying my opinion? That makes no sense at all! :(
35. darkkjedii (Posts: 10103; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Dude you come on apple articles to hate on apple, and diss, insult and bash its users...then have the nerve to say just ignore them. Are you kidding me!??? Then you say you aren't interested in apple products, why do you need to come on apple articles to say you're not interested in apple products. Dude you sound both fake, and stupid.
50. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5047; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I didn't bash them man! Getting thumbs down, the best way to keep your mood is to ignore them! I didn't bash them, I didn't insult them!
Did I say any bad words to insult Apple? I just said NO THANK YOU, I'M NOT INTERESTED ON APPLE PRODUCTS RIGHT NOW!
And you're just forcing me to say I want Apple products, come on man, this is PhoneArena, why argue? If you want to argue, just go to Youtube!
5. Aeires (unregistered)
They'd be stupid not to, and the same goes for their phones. Because they've gotten the OS to ignore edge touches, smaller bezels only makes sense.
Everyone should be doing this, less wasted space makes too much sense not to.
52. recond9 (Posts: 49; Member since: 11 Jan 2013)
just....just...why the hell I get thumbsdowns ??? damn...
12. darkkjedii (Posts: 10103; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Gonna be a beautiful device, if it looks like the mini
15. gmracer1 (Posts: 646; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
No one cares about Apple and its garbage!
Thumbs up = You agree
Thumbs down = You're butthurt cause you know I'm right
17. Ninetysix (Posts: 1362; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
You obviously care since you read the article and had time to post a comment. LOL.
19. gmracer1 (Posts: 646; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
lmao whata n00b. I didn't read the article. Looks like one-way thinking works out for ya ;-)
I just like making the fanbois come out and cry :D
24. darkkjedii (Posts: 10103; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
You're a lame and a liar. U read this article, U care
32. gallitoking (Posts: 4680; Member since: 17 May 2011)
dont mind him he is a hypocrite... he screams that cares about Options but doesnt respect others
34. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6135; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
u don't respect anyone except for ur own product that u like
36. darkkjedii (Posts: 10103; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
No gallito is rite. That guy is a hypocrite and a childish trouble maker.
41. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
forthe first time ever i agree with gallitoking, sure hes all for apple but this is an article on apple and ive not seen him show any disrespect recently, compare that to android fanboys who are the worst and just plain idiots
so inspector on the topic of respect why havent you said a thing to baby racer there? is it due to him been a android fanboy so its acceptable
18. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
theres a thrid option comment on what an idiotic fanboy you are, i chose that option
you care, you probably should just stay off the apple articles then, ohh but then you wont get attention and high fives from your fellow fanboys......
go be irrelevant elsewhere kid
20. gmracer1 (Posts: 646; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
Haven't seen you in awhile! Nice misuse of commas. I bet your parents are proud of your low intelligence :D
22. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
nah mate my parents are fine with me, and as you brought parents into it are yours still drinking to forget your birth and the fact you exist ?
dont worry kid im sure one day you will raise the money to finally get someone to touch you. then you can pretend to be a big boy
your concrete proof that android isnt for just smart people
26. darkkjedii (Posts: 10103; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Excellent post chaotic. That guy is a childish trouble maker, looking for attention and nothing more. If apple hired him today, he'd jump at the chance.
31. gmracer1 (Posts: 646; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
I'd rather jump into a lake full of razor blades.
16. N-fanboy (Posts: 528; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
Finally! Just the thing everyone has been waiting for! Innovation! 'A SMALLER BASEL' like people's hands are being f**ked by the 8mm< stuff they bring out. Ya Apple, focus on real stuff... Like a better interface maybe... Then crap on dummies heads!
27. biophone (Posts: 1893; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
I believe this article. The biggest changes I see coming to the iPad 5 are a improved processor (a7x) A improved camera. And new iPad mini like design. Beyond that it will get ios 7 which should be good and thats about it.
51. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
53. recond9 (Posts: 49; Member since: 11 Jan 2013)
Recently all these tech sites are atacked by trolls that just thumbown anything...