BlackBerry writes open letter to customers: "You can continue to count on us"
In the letter, BlackBerry wanted "to set the record straight" and said that if taking care of business is of the utmost importance, BlackBerry offers the best devices. And talking about its legendary typing capabilities, the manufacturer says, "We continue to offer the best mobile typing experience – no ifs, ands or buts about it."
Bragging about the increase in BES 10 subscribers from 19,000 to 25,000 last quarter, BlackBerry writes that when it comes to BYOD, its platform is more easily managed and is more secure than iOS and Android. And of course,BlackBerry brags about having the best mobile social network which many others are waiting to discover once BBM for iOS and BBM for Android are both finally released.
"BlackBerry is different...Countless world-changing decisions have been finalized, deals closed and critical communications made via BlackBerry," says the letter as it nears the end. Will this be enough to prevent BlackBerry users from abandoning ship?
The open letter can be seen in its entirety by clicking on the sourcelink below and was seen on social media on Monday. On Tuesday, it will appear in 30 newspapers in 9 countries including the Wall Street Journal and the Washington Post.
source: GlobeandMail via TechRadar
1. 9thWonderful (Posts: 228; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)
Blackberry Users: "Really? That's great!"
Blackberry: "Sike! Haaaaa"
13. dangchitrung (Posts: 55; Member since: 04 Apr 2012)
Translation: "You are allowed (by us) to continue counting on us."
16. Gigabinzle (Posts: 37; Member since: 30 Aug 2013)
lmao, my cat has a better chance at opening the fridge than a blackberry comeback
19. MobileKicker (Posts: 212; Member since: 19 Sep 2013)
Go blackberry go
Bb fans are with you
21. MobileKicker (Posts: 212; Member since: 19 Sep 2013)
First when blackberry cane new in the market, it became very famous
And bet nokia. If u were not on bbm you were considered a lame.
But then came a virus to bb devices. It deleted contacts apps etc.
So people switched to ios and android
But I still love bb
2. karim77 (Posts: 59; Member since: 10 Dec 2012)
Hahahhahahhahahhahahahahahhhaahahahaha, not believing it and will never do, the derams bb is talking about is not gonna happen
3. jellmoo (Posts: 357; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
Honestly, it is a gesture that Blackberry should have been doing a while ago. As a company, they need to re-assure consumers and businesses that they are down, but not out.
4. Shatter (Posts: 1751; Member since: 29 May 2013)
How about Blackberry makes a decent phone?
5. downphoenix (Posts: 2140; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
They do have good phones. But they are not the types of phones the average joe wants, that's the problem.
6. Trismegistus (Posts: 32; Member since: 21 Aug 2013)
If they wanted to dig themselves out of obscurity, they need to put out *great* phones.
They provided average phones at high prices, hence the lackluster performance.
15. Shatter (Posts: 1751; Member since: 29 May 2013)
I am sure half their sales are from the US goverment issued phones on Sprint.
7. GrmanR (Posts: 41; Member since: 09 Apr 2013)
Blackberry: "We offer the best typing experience"
Swiftkey: "Yeah right"
10. jellmoo (Posts: 357; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
You do realize that it's the same technology, right? BB licensed the Swiftkey prediction technology.
26. Xtasy (Posts: 270; Member since: 13 Jan 2013)
Blkackberry 10 has a much better typing experience than swift key on a touch screen phone lol I had a competition with someone who used swift key and I beat him half way threw.. Not only that he got stuck mid sentence.. Unless u know what u are talking about, don't talk.. It's also a much better experience with BB10
8. drdaly (Posts: 33; Member since: 09 Nov 2012)
BB products are always decent and well built, but they were late in developing touch products and BB 10 should've been introduced three years ago so it can take time developing which is already happening right now!!,
I love BB and respect their history and i see they made bad decisions in the past, but now i think they're doing great job and only need more time to be Back just like nokia is doing Now with WP8.3
9. ThePython (Posts: 128; Member since: 08 May 2013)
BlackBerry does have decent products... I think they need aggressive marketing or maybe something else...
I really cheering for them.
14. tttony (Posts: 26; Member since: 22 Jul 2012)
The problem are not the phones it's the software
27. Xtasy (Posts: 270; Member since: 13 Jan 2013)
The software is way better than than Android and iOS.. Loving it. Much faster, great multi tasking, best keyboard.. best for entertainment and HUB.. are u kidding? lol this software ROCKS!!!!
17. Sire3008 (Posts: 70; Member since: 26 Sep 2013)
Complacency is the bane of any company. That's what's happening to BB now. I doubt if they will survive it.
18. kach22 (Posts: 99; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
The only reason I'm not interested to buy a blackberry device is it's way too expensive for the value they offer. They are asking premium price for an average device which could have been a premium device had it launched three years ago.
23. Razrman (Posts: 55; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
That's right, and for the premium prices you can get an HTC One, Note 3, Sony Xperia Z1, LG G2, you name it.
28. Xtasy (Posts: 270; Member since: 13 Jan 2013)
Ye but thing is the software and build quality is better than any of these phones.. it's all about preference and I will always prefer a Blackberry especially with the new QNX software
22. xtroid2k (Posts: 314; Member since: 11 Jan 2010)
blackberry has a very unrealistic samurai spirit and will die only by a painful bloody death.
24. Altair (Posts: 282; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
This kind of letters are kinda pathetic. This can be translated like: "We are in trouble and we need our customers help. So please buy our products. Close your eyes for BB buyouts and our plans to move in private mode. Please forget that we are going to stop releasing devices for average consumers. Instead we concentrate only in business hardware".
RIM = RIP
BB = RIP in less than a year
25. kanagadeepan (Posts: 566; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
BB, you can continue to troll your customers....