BlackBerry Z10 drop test is out – pavement wins
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
Lumia 920 : yawn...
2. tashreef (Posts: 476; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
This is the stage where none can compete with Nokia..
6. jroc74 (Posts: 5537; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
I woouldnt say that. There are manufactures that made rugged phones specifically to handle drops and being in water. The Casio G Zone Commando, I think Moto did one too.
8. GJanee (Posts: 214; Member since: 29 Jun 2011)
yes, but right here we're talking about premium class smartphones, not phones that are made to be rugged and withstand all kinds of nasty conditions like the GZone e.g.
20. MC1123 (Posts: 1254; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
i disagree with you! nokia phones are really tough built and its not even certified to be shock proof or whatever rugged specific that you want on it!
22. cripton805 (Posts: 1166; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
Well they are one piece plastic. I guess one piece plastic is more rugged than glass, metals, and multi piece plastic.
4. wendygarett (unregistered)
It's adventure time!!!! :)
14. akishakoi (Posts: 65; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
the Lumia 920 torture test makes this one puny.
19. Dastrix (unregistered)
LOL so true! L920 is probably like "Nothing to see here. Moving on..."
5. Raymond_htc (Posts: 430; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
Well look on the brightside folks!
iPhone : Floor
0 : 999999
17. Ninetysix (Posts: 1926; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
9. sportsinger75 (Posts: 71; Member since: 11 Nov 2011)
I've had my doubts about the digitizer tech they've used on the Z10, and this doesn't help my doubts at all, but I'll have to test it myself to see how it feels. Even John V. said that the screen smudges really easily, which is one of my biggest pet peeves. I'm not sure why they didn't opt for better materials when it came to such an essential part of the phone.
10. amirlukmanhisyam (Posts: 43; Member since: 26 Jun 2012)
Cause they want bigger margin?
Even till now we're not sure what type of CPU they are using...
11. SIGPRO (Posts: 794; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
No Dragontail glass or Gorilla glass in this BB Z10?
12. andrew1953 (Posts: 176; Member since: 13 Nov 2011)
Put it in a Seidio case. I have done that with my 9800. Been dropped on concrete and still okay,going greatguns.
13. intos (Posts: 89; Member since: 06 Jan 2012)
hey blackberry you can do better than this... that was a fail drop !!!
16. Bozzor (Posts: 158; Member since: 02 May 2012)
This type of test is hard to actually draw conclusions from: with any phone, a change in a few tenths of a degree when dropped, or a slight shift in rotation speed/angle can make the difference between a small cosmetic scratch or a cracked and unusable screen: some phones are very strong when dropped in a certain way and a slightly different way will see them shatter whilst another type would be almost unscathed.
18. Buddhikawi (Posts: 15; Member since: 06 Nov 2012)
Nothing gonna beat the Tank Phone.. Lumia 920!!
21. 14545 (Posts: 1273; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Am I the only one that can't get the video to work?