Benchmarks reveal Samsung's Galaxy Tab S2 upgrades; MWC announcement likely
1. Techist (Posts: 246; Member since: 27 Jan 2015)
Those Geekbench benchmark scores place it slightly ahead of the Exynos 7420 (1341 single core and 4507 multi core). Not bad at all! I might just upgrade to the Tab S3 8.0, even though I prefer the Tab S 8.4 form factor which was a significant reason I passed on the Tab S2.
3. SenorThrottles (Posts: 284; Member since: 23 Dec 2015)
My Galaxy S6 usually scores about 5000 in geekbench
32. Krjal (Posts: 231; Member since: 19 Dec 2013)
I wouldn't mind a performance upgrade but I'll be sticking with my 8.4. The screen ratio is just much more useful for me.
2. natypes (Posts: 1096; Member since: 02 Feb 2015)
My coworker just got a Tab S2. Man those things are thin and light. It's thinner than my Note 5. Pretty cool.
9. Diezparda (Posts: 874; Member since: 23 Oct 2013)
Still using iPad 4 & i'm not planning to upgrade anytime soon. Still works great & since i rarely using it the battery standy time is awesome, i only need to charge the device every 3 weeks / 1 month. I'm not Apple fans but sure iPad was the best for multimedia purposes.
10. vuyonc (Posts: 1016; Member since: 24 Feb 2014)
Samsung, for once in your life put a proper SoC inside a premium Tablet! SD652's Adreno 510 on a 1536p display is guaranteed a mediocre experience at best. Even an Exynos 7420 isn't enough with bloated tablet-optimised Touchwiz.
27. hung2900 (Posts: 956; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
The reason is pretty simple. The Tab S2 is cheaper (or much cheaper with the 8.0 one) than thr S6, but the cost to produce is much higher.
Samsung just want to keep the gross profit in check, so they recude the hardware inside.
38. Shocky (unregistered)
This is why I will never buy a Samsung tablet, the internals are s**t.
Pixel C is the only Android tablet worth owning.
11. Coconut00 (Posts: 480; Member since: 13 Jan 2015)
Samsung should use a flagship SoC for their tablets. Like the Exynos 8890 or the Snapdragon 820.
16. jalebi2000 (Posts: 180; Member since: 01 Mar 2015)
Samsung should use a 8890x or pro which would be similar except more gpu more cores and maybe higher clocks. I'd love it if they would make one thin device with these specs and Then make a note 2016
10 inch with 8890 and like mp14. The note could be a thick powerful tablet that could easily own the performance crown
19. UglyFrank (Posts: 1685; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
The iPad Pro would still be more powerful in everything except maybe multicore.
21. S.R.K. (banned) (Posts: 678; Member since: 11 Feb 2016)
Not if it came with the MP16 and clocked at 2.5Ghz, A72.
24. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 2210; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
If you are clocking the GPU with 16 cores at 2.5GHz on a 28nm process, you could cook a burrito on it in 30 seconds just by turning the tablet on. The Exynos 7420 GPU is clocked in the 700MHz range on the S6.
29. kamejoko (Posts: 207; Member since: 10 Nov 2011)
samsung never do it on tablet. ss and other android oem only use weak, old date, cheap cpu for tablet. final all tablet of android have lag, weak, slow. if want buy tablet, must buy ipad. don't buy any galaxy tab with old date and weak cpu with price sky.
12. jeroome86 (Posts: 1233; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Bring back a 8 inch tablet with a 16 x 9 aspect ratio. Need one for media consumption on my lunch breaks. I have a Air 2 for other needs.
17. yonith (Posts: 144; Member since: 11 Sep 2012)
I was originally going to upgrade from the Air to the Air 3 but after seeing all this nonsense about a flash and 4 speakers, I can't see it being any lighter than the Air. I refuse to upgrade my tablet unless it's for something lighter and more powerful. Maybe the Nexus 9 (2016) will be what I'm looking for.
22. BradyCrack (Posts: 719; Member since: 29 Dec 2015)
Really? Wouldn't the 4 speakers make the device lighter? Well they'd probably get rid of a lot of the battery space to even make room for the new speakers? I think apple should of put just two iPad pro speakers on the air 3 instead of four. Wastes to much battery space and gives even less reason the buy the iPad pro.
The flash I see no problem with, means better camera specs does it not? Heard rumours of a 13MP camera
39. Shocky (unregistered)
The iPad Air 2 wrecks this thing. :
The iPad Air 3 will piss all over it
14. UglyFrank (Posts: 1685; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
I was waiting for a new Samsung tab but I may aswell get a K1, Z4 or Pixel C at this rate.
37. true1984 (Posts: 823; Member since: 23 May 2012)
i highly recommend the z4. its pretty awesome
15. true1984 (Posts: 823; Member since: 23 May 2012)
I guess I still won't be buying a Samsung tablet once again