Apple releases iOS 7 promo video
As we see on the video, iOS 7 is layered, creating planes thanks to translucent displays. For example, when scrolling up on a list, you can see the faintest shadow of it as it moves behind the heading. The planes combine with new animations to provide "a sense of depth and vitality." Remember how rainy weather used to be represented on HTC's Sense with animation of raindrops hitting the screen? Apple has similar animation now, including a real nice one for a snowfall. Forget for a second about the features taken from other platforms. According to Apple, part of the goal in developing iOS 7 was to keep things familiar to iOS veterans, while creating a more useful OS with new features that can actually be helpful to users.
Part of the video shows off the new features on iOS 7 such as the Control Center, which allows you to change all of your settings from one screen. Recalling BlackBerry 10, which in turn calls to mind webOS, you can close open apps with a somehow satisfying upward flick off the screen. AirDrop allows you to share content with your nearby contacts without having to tap phones.
Check out the video below and then let us know what you think about iOS 7. Has Apple scored a homerun with the new look and the new features?
source: Apple via GSMArena
1. dexter_jdr (Posts: 832; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
the plan of PA is removing dislike button before the announcement of ios7
4. thethird (Posts: 72; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
Paid? Maybe, PA is on hot seat now, Someone should give an official statement here from PA.
BTW, iOS7 is kinda cool but still not for my taste.
11. thethird (Posts: 72; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
yes, I know, that is why it was on a question mark. :)
35. Maddy (Posts: 29; Member since: 13 Sep 2012)
No its not cool....it almost looks like jolla sailfish...seriously..!!!!
16. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5178; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
they might as well remove all LIKE/DISLIKE BUTTONS. cause they don't want their ifans too see soo many red thumbs. typical of them
40. haseebzahid (Posts: 1722; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
means we bash all we want and no one is gonna thumb us down yaeee! PARTY
55. oldmandaddy (Posts: 64; Member since: 01 May 2010)
I love it. When ios7 Announced Samsung stock dropped 3% , I hope when iOS 7 launch , I can get galaxy S4 for free.
24. appleDOESNT.com (Posts: 354; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
lol this video is so over dramatic and lame. iPredict so many spoofs!!!
45. ianbbaa (Posts: 148; Member since: 20 Mar 2013)
Apple adds that will follow:
Jim: "Johny, look i got a new icons, you got them as well?"
Johny: "Yeeaah, i got them..."
Jim: " I got nice music player:
Johny: " I got it as well...i have the same one...yeaaah".
Jim: "Can you send me your playlist"
Johny: "Sorry, not this time, maybe next year, OK?"
Jim: "OK, i am not gonna buy Galaxy cause that gimmick, who needs it anyway. But the new icons are geourgeous, arent they?"
31. SleepingOz (Posts: 2015; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
Well, at least they bring something "new" to iOS users.
43. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
yes, they should have placed this promotion video with iPhone:
goo [dot] gl/Kah3N
now even the colours of the iCons look like for kids = a lot of yellow colour! :)
3. joeymk (Posts: 100; Member since: 26 Jan 2012)
Don't get me wrong i like the design. But it feels to me like it's made for kids. The colours... maybe that's why
26. E.N. (Posts: 2216; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
I'm not the biggest fan of the color palate either, but I'm sure that once third party applications are downloaded it will buffer the colors
48. JustLoggedIn (unregistered)
Yeah! Looks cartoonish :/
53. rizevnarastek (Posts: 300; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
I like the Command centre being pulled up and it's arrangement. In my opinion a bit better than Quick toggles on Android and I like the translucency part of the UI... Other than that there's nothing....
9. StreetNerd (Posts: 684; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
most of the design elements are copied from WP
10. andrwroepke (Posts: 9; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
Awesome. SO much better than android. Android can talk all they want, but i had a galaxy iii and it was so glitchy, returned it for an iphone4. The next iphone is going to sell like hot cakes!! lets see all the thumbs down from all the android guys on here that can't click on any other article but Apple ones. GO APPLE!!!
25. ncarlosmiguel (Posts: 182; Member since: 14 May 2013)
LOL you won't see any thumb down because we love Apple...
Nah.. its just because the thumb down button is not there :P
13. Zero0 (Posts: 535; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
This isn't at all ironic. Not even close.
Wait for it. "Samsung adds iPhone 4, 4S, 5 injunction requests."
49. JustLoggedIn (unregistered)
The colors kind of look like TouchWiz
14. moronman66 (Posts: 145; Member since: 09 Jan 2012)
I will be one to admit that I finally think Apple is on to something. I'll never buy an iPhone for personal use, however, I will say that iOS 7 is finally some competition for Android! It's aesthetically pleasing, it's got more functionality than iOS 6 added (198 features for Siri, Apple Maps and Panoramic shots). I await seeing this in real life, and how these... different, to say the least, animations will affect battery life. It seems more graphically intensive and with a smaller battery, the iPhone may suffer worse issues there. Can't wait for Android 4.3/5.0 to keep competition alive and thriving!
15. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5178; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Music sucks, and trasnparen,t what's new bout that? Apple also disbaled their comments on their youtube account. now what's next?
23. darkkjedii (Posts: 7802; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Dude shut up already. I wish PA would let me thumb you down. You whine like a little bizzle
42. SuperAndroid17 (Posts: 5; Member since: 03 Feb 2013)
So whats your thoughts on iOS 7 darkkjedii? did it wow you?
17. antifanboy14 (Posts: 45; Member since: 26 Nov 2012)
where the F!ck is the dislike button? i need to thumbs down some comments.
19. frydaexiii (Posts: 1133; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Oh translucency, reminds me of Windows Vista, and we all remember what a disaster that was...
20. techaman (Posts: 151; Member since: 03 Jul 2011)
its nice because they started adding the goods from android htc sense and wp.
and evo 3d with paralax screen i love it because all the apple fans are going to be like omg look what apple invented.
this io7 would put me at 45% possible iphone over other just not all the way
21. cheeseycheeser (Posts: 239; Member since: 24 Mar 2011)
Honestly the first time since the iPhone 4 I've considered apple
22. ZeroCide (Posts: 594; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
The guy talking on the video sounds like he is "a little slow".
32. Baseballer (Posts: 125; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
That's not even funny. Thats quite offensive.
27. GoBears (Posts: 255; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
Way to go Apple! Now you're only 2 years behind Android lol. Love the rainbow colors too, I can't stop laughing. Waiting for the Trix rabbit to pop out and give notifications haha.
28. jove39 (Posts: 1132; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Hey Apple...now that iOS is almost like android...how about iPhone with 5" screen :)
36. marklugtu1302 (Posts: 13; Member since: 29 Aug 2012)
You know, these flat designs are rather a mockup of the Windows phone UI.. After they've seen the beauty and efficiency of these simple and clean look, even android follows the trend
38. Taters (Posts: 1771; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
That looks terrible. Kind of looks like an incomplete Android launcher.
46. zibbyzib2000 (Posts: 145; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
Holy crap. I just noticed that the clock app icon actually moves to depict the correct time :o
47. rdemon (Posts: 45; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
Great! I guess I'm looking at Android IOS 7!
50. therealestmc (Posts: 128; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
I like ios 7 but prefer the flexibility of android. With apple, even smallest feature is well executed. I wished gave users more control of how their phones should look like. This is the reason I am sticking with android for now.
52. axbog (Posts: 18; Member since: 03 Jun 2013)
Kinda looks like Sense UI, with the recent apps thingy and everything. Funny how they change the position of the notification bar and call it control center. I could control my Android smartphone from the notification bar a long time ago. JB has panels trough which you can toggle etc. However it looks pretty clean and refreshing. I could understand why someone would enjoy using iOS7.
57. haseebzahid (Posts: 1722; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
So it is actully copy :\
Animation from all Android phones
why would they do that
58. selena1000 (Posts: 81; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
why are people who dont have an even have an iphone criticizing ios7??you probably have never used an iphone.and btw when you dont like it and neither are you interested then why are you people commenting on every post related to ios7.
get some friends people and if you think this site is biased to apple then why are you visiting it???
59. haseebzahid (Posts: 1722; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
dont get me wrong but i thought its gonna be good OS as they say its totally new or something but they hardly changed anything by the looks of this promo only marketting
only thing i was happy to see was real multitasking for IOS
rest was copy from android ROMS and WP8 looks . its not that extrodinary as they said so this is the point most comenting -ive i guess
60. PhoneCritic (Posts: 329; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Don't know but I hope Apple implemented all these features in a way that won't infringe on anyone's patents because if not they will be in a world of hurt. I recall them saying they were going to defend the look and feel of iOS 7 vigorously. However, what I see here is a lot of what others already implemented and with everyone learning about patenting designs(From apple) what make Apple so sure lawyers won't come calling when they release this to the public? That might be poetic irony.