Phil Schiller just told me the “SE” stands for “Special Edition” @FortuneTech— Jason Cipriani (@MrCippy) March 21, 2016
Apple marketing chief reveals what 'SE' in iPhone SE stands for
8. sgodsell (Posts: 3224; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
SE in really means Same Extortions. Give it to the people right where the sun don't shine. They still made another 16 gb iPhone with your ONLY upgrade option to pay another $100 for 64gb of storage. Whereas they made and released a 32gb iPad the same day as the 16 gb iPhone. Oh and don't forget Apple was listening to its milked customers, so they put 32 gb in their declining ipads. Sales. However they still put 16gb in their new iPhone. It will be interesting to see if Apple releases the iPhone 7 with a starting storage of only 16 gb again. Apple the great milking and flogging machine.
12. Adreno (banned) (Posts: 755; Member since: 12 Mar 2016)
Now can you understand that Apple fans do not really care about Apple's pricing? They decide to spend their hard-end money on iPhones, regardless of the price.
Nothing you say will their mind.
Get over it! They aren't spending your money.
18. submar (Posts: 350; Member since: 19 Sep 2014)
You mean they feel good when they are being cheated?
26. Adreno (banned) (Posts: 755; Member since: 12 Mar 2016)
Being cheated? You see it that way, but Apple fans do not.
What I mean is this: Whatever amount they spend on iPhones DOES NOT CONCERN ME, nor YOU!
I personally see their pricing as a rip-off, that's why I do not buy iPhones. The only Apple device I use is the iPad. Because I need it for my job, not because I'm a fan of it.
If you see their pricing as a rip-off or cheating, then simply don't buy it!
Ranting won't change the mind of Apple fans who decide to buy iProducts, regardless of it's steep prices.
28. Nopers (Posts: 132; Member since: 01 Jun 2015)
Definitely agree, sometimes feel that android and Apple fanboys can be likened to Jehovas witnesses, attempting to convert you to their choices. Y'know, iPhone is better for some people, and Android is better for others.
24. darkkjedii (Posts: 19734; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Why would you use a hyphen, it joins two words together.
27. techperson211 (Posts: 1168; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
A typo error perhaps, but no need to correct him not unless you're so perfect about your grammar.
50. S-R-K (banned) (Posts: 304; Member since: 15 Mar 2016)
That's what he does when he can't counter attack him. That post got this Apple fan boy.
Dumbass couldn't read and write a year ago. And now he is correcting others. Lmao.
30. Nopers (Posts: 132; Member since: 01 Jun 2015)
Nah he hyphenated it so the acronym wouldn't be SBE if you know what I mean, if "Same" and "but" are joined that means it's just SE
36. Adreno (banned) (Posts: 755; Member since: 12 Mar 2016)
Right, I understood it too. @iusspandeh wad correct by hyphenating those words. :D
52. S-R-K (banned) (Posts: 304; Member since: 15 Mar 2016)
He doesn't know that. He's still learning English.
42. iWinAndroBerry (Posts: 28; Member since: 07 Mar 2016)
People usually attack someone's grammar when they have no other argument.
51. S-R-K (banned) (Posts: 304; Member since: 15 Mar 2016)
That's what this Apple fan boy is well known for.
That's what he does to everyone. When he is not perfect himself. Lol.
60. iWinAndroBerry (Posts: 28; Member since: 07 Mar 2016)
Lol. Exactly! Especially when he should have used a "?" instead of a comma since he was asking a question.
32. HugoBarraCyanogenmod (Posts: 1005; Member since: 06 Jul 2014)
This phone has no competition, you barely find 4-inch Android phone that has following characteristics:
Width less than 60mm (one hand friendly)
A9 chips equivalent (Snapdragon820)
Apple pay equivalent
4k video shooting camera
If you're saying current situation then yeah this phone is special indeed.
39. Adreno (banned) (Posts: 755; Member since: 12 Mar 2016)
Huh? Apple A9 is the equilavent of Snapdragon 820?
It's more like the equivalent of Snapdragon 810 or Exynos 7420.
62. adecvat (Posts: 246; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
820 ranked first with a score of 136383 above Apple’s latest A9 chip which scored 132657
67. miket1737 (Posts: 2366; Member since: 17 Mar 2013)
Your not considering thermal throttling of the 810 and 7420, both which throttle 35%+ more from their maximum performance output while the A9 doesn't throttle more then 5-10% from its maximum performance output. I would say it is in between the 810/7420 and 820
68. Arch_Fiend (Posts: 2020; Member since: 03 Oct 2015)
I totally guessed that it meant special edition.
3. Adreno (banned) (Posts: 755; Member since: 12 Mar 2016)
Just as how they trolled the iPhone SE with Squint Edition, Sheep Edition, Stupid Edition, s**t Edition, etc...
Oh! I chose to go with the more-appealing Special Edition description, not because I like it, but in order to not offend anyone.
43. Settings (Posts: 1467; Member since: 02 Jul 2014)
Very soon Samsung will launch a same monicker. Bookmark this page, remember my comment I'm sure of it.
63. S-R-K (banned) (Posts: 304; Member since: 15 Mar 2016)
"we are not trolls, but smart wise Android fans". Unlike dumbass Apple fans.
5. AtheK (Posts: 44; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
Lol, apple has totally lost every bit of creativity they had left.
SE - Stripped Edition
14. KONICHIWA-ANNYONG (Posts: 178; Member since: 24 Feb 2016)
No, that's the iPhone RB, idiot.
20. MrElectrifyer (Posts: 2154; Member since: 21 Oct 2014)
Special Edition, for the special ones who ride the short yellow bus...
22. wando77 (Posts: 808; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
BUT.... for a phone with a 4 inch screen.... it's massive. Imagine an s7 edge mini... slurp
23. Saioofi (Posts: 237; Member since: 23 May 2014)
Most android fanboys on this website really put android to shame
53. S-R-K (banned) (Posts: 304; Member since: 15 Mar 2016)
Sluty Edition. Especially for females. Lol. Hahaha.
25. darkkjedii (Posts: 19734; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Nice powerful little device, it's got a potentially huge market. It think it's a smart move, as not everyone wants a big device.
29. Martineverest (Posts: 229; Member since: 27 Oct 2015)
Sheep edition... Stupid edition or surely expensive
34. acruzlu (Posts: 42; Member since: 12 Aug 2015)
I'm surprised no one said Same Experience, since it's only a 4in 6s basically.
35. rsivapradeep (Posts: 11; Member since: 16 Dec 2014)
SE.....SAME OLD s**t EDITION....this time apple went backward...They lack innovation so they rebranding the old s**t ...with new specs...that does't mean any thing ..... Apple should learn from samsung and lg ....im soo sick of apple move...after steve jobs death no one is innovating it...just using the fame .... poor apple users haha...I pity for them
38. SIGPRO (Posts: 1371; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
What's special about it? Yes the price maybe!
SE should be Somethind not Evolved....why because same design over and over again!
40. adrianzka (Posts: 53; Member since: 25 Apr 2013)
I personally think the iPhone SE is a pretty neat device, especially as a secondary phone. I myself can't imagine doing much productivity/entertainment in a screen that size, but for calling, and everyday use for people with smaller hands this could serve as a pretty managable device. The price being cheaper than the 6s is an absolute must, given some recycled internals. Overall the device fills that niche market noone else would fill.
41. combatmedic870 (Posts: 555; Member since: 02 Sep 2015)
It's an inexpensive iPhone. What's there to complain about. My mom is going to buy one to replace her 4s.
45. pupkin (Posts: 56; Member since: 04 Feb 2015)
If you'all Android Beta testers wont leave this one alone.. the iPhone SE was actually for you Android beta's. Can you believe that? Apple name a product just for you guys. "S"till "E"nvy :)