Apple iPhone 6 tipped once more to launch on September 19th; $70 million in sales expected for 2014
According to the same source, the 32GB version of the Apple iPhone 6 will cost 5288 yuan ($850 USD). That currently is the price for the 16GB Apple iPhone 5s in China. The 64GB model will be priced ay 6288 yuan ($1008 USD). These prices are believed to be for the 4.7 inch version of the phone.
Meanwhile, another report, this one from the Topology Research Institute, estimates that the 4.7 inch model of the Apple iPhone will bring in $70 million during 2014. Keep in mind that if the phone launches on September 19th, that leaves a bit more than 14 weeks for the iPhone 6 to ring up enough sales to equal $70 million. TRI expects the 5.5 inch model will bring Apple another $10 million in 2014. Add up the figures and you get $80 million in iPhone 6 sales, forecast by TRI, for 2014.
Thanks for the tip!
source: UDN (translated), Laoyaoba (translated) via GforGames (1), (2)
1. Derekjeter (Posts: 608; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
The 4.7 will be like the iPhone 5c now. I want to switch my G2 for the 5.5. The G3 did not do anything for me. My GS5 and the 5.5 iPhone will do for this year.
15. Vexify (banned) (Posts: 570; Member since: 16 Jun 2014)
How do you like the GS5? I'm hearing mixed feelings from all different people I meet. I'm definitely keeping my eye on the 5.5 ip6.
18. Derekjeter (Posts: 608; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
It's ok. It's not what fan boys are saying. The camera is quick but takes to long to process the picture afterwards and you need to have a steady hand. Other than that it's ok.
2. LINADVS (Posts: 29; Member since: 14 Jun 2014)
APPLE THERE HAS TO BE 128GB 5.5 . PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF TECH. GIVE US THAT 128GB . YOU DID IT FOR THE MINI IPAD NOW THERES NO EXCUSE FOR THE IPHONE PERIOD
4. iGeek (Posts: 171; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
NO 16 GB this time. Probably what distinguishes the 5.5 will be the 128 GB and OIS
3. NexusX (Posts: 356; Member since: 16 May 2013)
$70 million? where does this number come from? why not make $100 million while you at it? why the hell are these guys getting paid so much to make up numbers out of thin air?
5. iGeek (Posts: 171; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
Go watch your I/O dude and stop bashing analysts. Good thing you have a nexus so that you can get the redesign. My Galaxy Note 3(SM-N900) would have to wait 2 more years at least LOL #AndroidProblems
9. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 1929; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
Your profile says you have a Nexus 5. The Note 3 gets its updates quickly, so 2 years is exaggerated. And your nick says iGeek. You sound like a troll.
10. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
You smoked him out from under his bridge.
14. iGeek (Posts: 171; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
My Note 3 is SM-N900 ! Rooted and Running VN ROM v14 ! DON'T JUDGE THE BOOK FROM IT'S COVER !
12. brrunopt (Posts: 702; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
Im pretty sure the article is wrong, they predict 70M units sold, not 70M $ in sales ...
70M$ would mean less than 100k units sold..
17. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 1671; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Those numbers are unit numbers, not sales predictions. PA obviously didn't check the figures. iPhone sales will be in the billions for the last quarter+, not tens of millions or hundreds of millions.
6. phonefanboy (Posts: 5; Member since: 06 Oct 2011)
Alan working over time today on Apple news...hmmm.... Wonder why.
7. iGeek (Posts: 171; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
He is doing his job. Why the hate ? Get along with your life.
8. refillable (Posts: 832; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
Yep, it's a result of overpriceness... But anyway, Who cares? I will just get the phones I wanted and warn 'em to not get ripped off. If they still insists to be ripped off then, I would leave 'em alone!
16. bucky (Posts: 2033; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
I think getting ripped off is buying something which is still pricey and not getting timely support for it, being overtaken by 4 new models 3 months later and having lag everywhere.
Oh, and I don't want to have to root and babysit my phone in order to solve those issues.
19. refillable (Posts: 832; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
Oh yes, true, that's getting ripped off. But there is no phone in this world that has such issues that you've described. $900 for a 4 incher is however, a definite rip off, however.
11. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
This number seems low.
Apple will rock some serious numbers by end of this year on new sales, no doubt in my mind.
Which should inspire other OEM to push themselves harder.
13. darkkjedii (Posts: 15548; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Guess I know where I'll b 9-18-14 @8pm