Apple iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C to go on sale September 20th
Now, launch dates for the two devices have also leaked. Expectations are the new iPhones will launch on September 20th.
If you know a bit about Apple you could have guessed the new iPhone release date yourselves, of course. For six years Apple has rolled out the new iPhone more than a week and less than two weeks after the official announcement. Moreover, Apple has the tradition to launch the device on Friday, giving users a full weekend to check out the device in store and purchase it if they want. The only Friday fitting those requirements is September 20th.
The interesting part in this latest rumor however is the fact that the new iPhone 5C is expected to launch at the same time as the iPhone 5S. We’ve been hearing rumors that the iPhone 5C will actually replace the iPhone 5. Thus, Apple might simply discontinue the iPhone 5 and offer the 5C instead for the reduced price of $99 on contract.
iOS 7, the new versions of Apple’s mobile operating system with completely redesigned looks, will allegedly launch a few days earlier on September 16th.
The Apple iPad fifth generation and the iPad mini 2 are expected to launch later on, likely in the of October, around October 25th.
- Sept 10: Apple announces iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C
- Sept 16: Apple rolls out iOS 7
- Sept 20: Apple iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C go on sale
- Oct 25: Apple iPad 5 and iPad mini 2 go on sale
Keep in mind that all this - as true as it sounds - is just rumors at the time being.
source: Techmaniacs (translated)
1. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1055; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
.........i can almost see a line, of people waiting on this.......then life goes on
19. -box- (Posts: 3470; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
What constitutes a line? One delusional iSh33p camping outside the store?
28. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1055; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
ROTFL!! Camping out side, for a phone..
3. daddysbeenabadgirl (Posts: 156; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
Nice picture of yourself Victor.
4. xperiaDROID (Posts: 3745; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
That dude in the picture doesn't look like a Bulgarian to me.
5. zuckerboy (Posts: 443; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
we know everything about new iphone no need to wait september anymore :)
9. quadrazeus (Posts: 359; Member since: 03 May 2013)
But we can't get our hands on it yet. :)
20. -box- (Posts: 3470; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
hopefully I never will. They're awful to hold, and the cheap one looks like something from Toys 'r' Us. Granted all iphones have looked like toys, but the colorful ones look like something from the LeapFrog or Fisher-Price collection.
6. SIGPRO (Posts: 317; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
This plastic iphone 5C C=cheap will be too expensive! EPIC FAIL!
8. johnbftl (Posts: 139; Member since: 09 Jun 2012)
So where's that premium feel those Apple fans are always boasting about with the 5c? It looks like something a kid wins in a claw machine at Chuck E. Cheese.
10. quadrazeus (Posts: 359; Member since: 03 May 2013)
Gawwdd! Apple fans never boasted about the premium feel of 5C!
If you want the premium feel, you've to pay a premium and get the 5S.
31. Penywyz (banned) (Posts: 255; Member since: 13 Aug 2013)
That's strange I've never held anything that apple sells and felt as though it was premium...
11. bucky (Posts: 1100; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
I'm good to use my upgrade now! Been saving it for this one
23. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 4736; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Be glad you are missing out on bugs that were not caught in the beta testing process. Maybe wait until early October to get an iOS update that fixes (attempts to fix) the early bugs.
14. DonkeySauce (Posts: 121; Member since: 03 Dec 2011)
I am sick of the iPhone Rumors. Every time one of these articles comes out with a "release date", my customers call and say "I want to order the new iPhone". I say "We can't order it yet. There's been no announcement, so we don't really know when or if a new one is being released." Then they say, "Well, my son said they're coming out on September 20th, and he really knows his stuff, so I think he's right." FML.
22. fjftokyo (Posts: 23; Member since: 06 Jun 2013)
Thank god I only owned the iphone 4 when it came out, but never again. Apple can keep they're over priced, exaggerated hipster products. Google all the way.
24. gentleman559 (Posts: 19; Member since: 08 Aug 2013)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Smart man. Google all the way.
25. Kishin (Posts: 205; Member since: 30 May 2013)
Cant wait 2 see what happens the first month
26. PhoneCritic (Posts: 329; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Like it or not this will be a hit for Apple.
1. The 5s will attract all the 4, and 4s Apple loyal fans who are now looking to upgrade. No more 5 as Apple will discontinue it and replace it with the 5c
2. People looking to get their first iPhone will look at the 5c and see it is only a little less then the 5s and will opt for the 5s. (brilliant marketing move by Apple, People will want siri, the finger print scanner etc.. )
3. The losing side 5c will ( in my opinion) will not sell much.
4. Many will look at their iPhone 4s & 5 and decide its not worth upgrading because the changes are so minor and they still get the features of iOS 7. in which case Apple still does well but the numbers remain flat.
27. networkdood (Posts: 4749; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Apple is not about tech, it is about being cool, popular, posh...which is why many Americans will gladly buy it, like they buy what our gov't and mainstream media tells them.....gullible and ignorant.
29. eli_waeterling (Posts: 18; Member since: 07 Jun 2009)
you android fanboys sound so jealous and desperate for attention. Some people like iphones, no reason to spend all day and night trying to prove android is better. Save your time and energy, get over it.
30. Penywyz (banned) (Posts: 255; Member since: 13 Aug 2013)
A retarded monkey could see that Android offers actual innovation and more features than the apple and their iPhone.
32. blondi.josh (Posts: 1; Member since: 22 Aug 2013)
I just watched a video also on the scratch testing of the iPhone 5C, and it holds up really good! I remember the plastic back iPhone 3GS was not very bad compared to how scratched the iPhone 5 looks like after a few months of pocket wear. I actually think that the plastic might look better after extended use. Im not sure. The video was here not bad, but I just wish the aluminum held up better because I like the look, but after awhile it doesn't look as good anymore... plastic might look better for longer.