Apple delays release of iOS 5.0.2 due to memory leaks?
The battery fix is expected to give Apple iPhone 4S users 10 hours of active use. Apple's own information reveals that the handset should get 200 hours of standby time, up to 8 hours of 3G phone calls, as much as 6 hours of browsing time and 10 and 40 hours of video and audio playback respectively.
Macerkopf.de hasn't had a perfect record with its forecasting of Apple events. Earlier this year, the site predicted that Apple would introduce iOS 5 and a newly updated MobileMe at an event in early April, but Apple did not reveal the OS update and iCloud until June at WWD. According to Macerkopf.de, Apple is putting iOS 5.0.2 on hold because it doesn't want to release the software and then rush out iOS 5.0.3 to make minor repairs so soon after rolling out iOS 5.0.2.
source: Macerkopf.de (translated) via AppleInsider
1. AppleLover (Posts: 13; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
Apple sure takes the time to make sure everything works good from the get-go unlike crappy android. ICS bleh! it's already having problems and this was supposed to be the "GREATEST most ambitious of them all- the one that unites everything" HAH laughable. Nexus galaxy is a POS and android is BLEH at most.
4. JeffdaBeat (unregistered)
Do me a huge favor and stop posting.
6. JeffdaBeat (unregistered)
Haven't been here long huh? I am definitely an Apple guy, but I hate people who try to incite flamewars for no reason. Although I prefer Apple, you're trashing a remarkable OS without any real proof. Also, you leave yourself open for people to trash iOS on the same terms...so...there's that.
8. AppleLover (Posts: 13; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
wow jeffdaBEAT which part of what I said was not the truth?
the old hag wag GPU
the bug ridden ICS
the miserable camera
and do apple not make sure of their stuff gets polished???
why don't you do yourself the favor and STFU!
and don't be so angry life is harder that way
32. Slammer (Posts: 1169; Member since: 03 Jun 2010)
You're casting a pretty abrasive attack against Android.
Two things need to be a prerequisite before posting comments such as the last few.
1) An individual needs to possess a finer knowledge of Google's Android OS and....
2) An indivdual sure as better know far more about Apple through its 30 year existence.
If there is a lack in both standards, this means even an opinion on the subject, becomes anemic in relevance. A strong knowledge of any of these two operating systems and their respective history,, would be far better in elevating any real informative credentials that an individual may have.
So, until you can create a logical debate based on facts, it would be wise to forego any further posts of adolescent nature until the above requirements can be presented.
16. Striker (Posts: 92; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
Dude, Android maybe "remarkable", only because it is 90% stolen from iOS.
22. sum182 (Posts: 229; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Theres no stealing, linux is open source, just like unix......hope you catch my drift.
43. jroc74 (Posts: 5201; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
If you think its 90% stolen from iOS....you clearly havent used or even seen an Android phone or the OS.
27. remixfa (Posts: 14251; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
it is a sad sad day when jeff, one of the "apple side's" most respected and well versed posters gets trashed by some idiot troll for simply trying to keep a level of respect on here.
jeff is right. you need to just say goodnight.
10. AppleLover (Posts: 13; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
Ur name is GALAXY-S and i'm the troll LOL here's a thumbs down for you
15. Paden (Posts: 262; Member since: 07 Jul 2011)
This article is about an iOS update. It has nothing to do with Android whatsoever. What you said is off-topic and is a sad attempt to start a flame war.
I'm with JeffdaBeat. Please go away.
34. OldHAG (Posts: 11; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
this is a community where people can express themselves if you don't like it how about you GO AWAY?
40. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
You must be tacos mom. Welcome! We value all opinions here at phonearena. Please continue your worthless posts, they make the actual posts seem THAT MUCH BETTER.
Thanks for your continued support,
45. Paden (Posts: 262; Member since: 07 Jul 2011)
Right. You can express yourself. I\'m not saying you can\'t.
However, discussions at the bottom of articles are generally related to the article. His was off-topic, trolling, and obviously trying to start a flame war.
23. GALAXY-S (Posts: 701; Member since: 07 Jun 2011)
your name is applelover ! yea your def a troll
36. Slammer (Posts: 1169; Member since: 03 Jun 2010)
Truth needs facts. You have failed to present any. Instead, you took a jab at Jeffdabeat, who in all reality, is one of the largest of Apple supporters. This means you not only negated your opinion of Apple Vs Android, but also shows you never took the time and reviewed the history of PhoneArena's most prominent forum posters.
9. GALAXY-S (Posts: 701; Member since: 07 Jun 2011)
if apple is so perfect why is there a need for ios 5.0.2?? why didnt it jus stay at ios 5 ??
12. AppleLover (Posts: 13; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
It's called improving one self not releasing a bug ridden OS on a POS phone like the nexus a claiming it to be the GREATEST
13. Markee (Posts: 2; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
You get some sense graditute out of drawing lines in the sand and saying yours is better. Its a phone...really? You taking your stand on saying this and that over a phone? I garantee if you do have a boyfriend or girlfriend, it showers once a week. Just a gut feeling.
I do believe that most folks are looking for the best value vs the life of technology spanning over a 2 year contract.
18. SleepingOz (unregistered)
yeah like IOS 5.0.1, right?! Stupid troll!
19. SleepingOz (unregistered)
But oh, am I wrong or ios 5.0.1 was an EPIC FAILURE?
26. sum182 (Posts: 229; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
So wait....You bashing android for having ONE bug after being released for a week in an apple article about a bug in apples iOS over a month after release?....I'll take a scarce volume bug over battery bug
39. toaster (Posts: 114; Member since: 13 Sep 2011)
Comments like this genuinely make me sad for this site.
42. jroc74 (Posts: 5201; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Battery life of iPhone 4S.
I didnt wanna feed the troll, but just had to remind him. He seems to have forgot.
54. iLikeiPhones (Posts: 2; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Dude, i enjoy iPhones but it's people like you that make android people hate us. ICS is incredible, who cares what OS you have or what company you buy from.... You should be able to respect each OS for what its worth.
2. theoak (Posts: 324; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
Obviously you are looking to start a flame war.
Your message may be bigger than mine ... but I bet you I'll get more thumbs up ...
14. Phullofphil (Posts: 801; Member since: 10 Feb 2009)
i had a long responce written out bashing you and your appple loving. but i really dont think your worth thhe time. But people like you make the comment section on this site a pain to read.
28. remixfa (Posts: 14251; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
ill spend a little time with trolls like gallito and taco because they have been around for a while.. the new troll doesnt get real face time.
24. SleepingOz (unregistered)
yeah the " TRUTH " !!
11. gallitoking (Posts: 4693; Member since: 17 May 2011)
like fAndroids need an excuse to blah blah balh ..about Android...
20. SleepingOz (unregistered)
You're the one who's actually talking about Android on an apple article, stupid POS!
17. gallitoking (Posts: 4693; Member since: 17 May 2011)
people and geeks.. this is an Apple article... if you dont like to hear how great Apple.. is.. well the door is wide open...
21. SleepingOz (unregistered)
so what about your comment above? GFYM!
25. gallitoking (Posts: 4693; Member since: 17 May 2011)
are you ok?... I know I hardly make any sense.. but I have an excuse.. what is yours?..
29. remixfa (Posts: 14251; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
your excuse doesnt make much sense either gallito. just saying. :)
now see, you had a wide open opportunity to take the high road with jeff and for once.. not be a complete troll. cant say im not surprised you didnt take it. hmm.
51. ayephoner (Posts: 837; Member since: 09 Jun 2009)
remix, i just found your post on 8mp need for a 23" monitor. i knew i could find you in an iOS article, so:
"a 1080p resolution is 1,920x1,080, which is just over 2 million pixels.
do you know of some 23 inch monitor with a higher res than 1080p?
how would you need 8 million pixels or more?"
55. ayephoner (Posts: 837; Member since: 09 Jun 2009)
actually, i know they exist, so i should be asking:
can you show me a 23\" monitor on the market that uses more than 5 million pixels?
49. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 805; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
there he goes reinforcing his nonsense once again. . .
53. SleepingOz (unregistered)
you were the one who started talking about android on this apple article, you dumb or what?!
30. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1677; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Its great because they delay updates? Am i missing something?
31. firelightx (Posts: 71; Member since: 13 Oct 2011)
I do dislike AppleLover he's like Zeus, Giving one side a terrible name. Apple users cannot give android any flac for having any bugs in their software. Not only did 5.0.1 fail but now you're having a delayed update? I say we're even.
41. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Apple is the greatest end of a story.
Thanks for that!
37. mad5870 (Posts: 60; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
ok well i have an android phone and i had an iphone. both are great OS's and both have their positives and both have their negatives.
i'm glad to see that apple will take some time and not rush this update out. Thinking about the end user very smart.
38. theBankRobber (Posts: 649; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
Come on again with the Android is stolen from ios crap WHERES THE PROFF? ??????? WHAT PART OF ANDROID IS STOLEN FROM IOS????? AppleLover is just another user who was banned and made up a new name, so sad.
47. itzmando (Posts: 114; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Can you please refrain yourself from posting pointless comments. From this article and others you post similar, yet useless comments that have nothing to do with what the topic is about.
PA is trying to enforce its new user rules for posting. If you keep this up, you will most likely be banned.
Try to be considerate of other readers, and be respectful. No need to start a flame war, when one is not needed.
44. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Looks like the trolls got in here and made a mess
52. SleepingOz (unregistered)
a mess you started!