Android 4.2.2 rollout for Sony Xperia Z starts around the world (and you can get it now)
31. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
What about the battery life now?
and what about lock screen by-pass issue?
2. emadshiny (Posts: 1144; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
what changes it will bring with itself?
and sh*t up trolls!!
6. PunyPoop (Posts: 750; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
LOL there's more, up to 8 toggles in notification, you can also select what you want to put on it, I can't remember everything, I just saw it in a leak.
8. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Can't say for sure, but it probably has the same as any Android 4.2.2 update: lockscreen widgets, gesture keyboard, Photospheres, a new clock app, notification quick settings toggles,
14. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Probably because Samsung hates you? Sorry, I don't know.
18. ama3654 (Posts: 295; Member since: 27 Nov 2012)
They are working on their own version called ORB!
32. ivancapp (Posts: 3; Member since: 13 Jun 2013)
no photoshere..... here either :| sad, one of the main feature of Android 4.2.2 is not there....
9. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
4.2.2 Doesn't make up for the fact that the CPU will be two generations behind once the LG G2 comes out next month. Sony really needs to time their flagship releases better. I would have gotten an Xperia S if it didn't have an S3 when everyone had an S4.
And I might have gotten a Z if the screen didn't suck and it had a S600.
15. rgxVOiD (Posts: 440; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
There is a rumor that it will have an updated version with Snapdragon 800 announce today at the Shanghai Expo along with the other stuff
10. taikucing (unregistered)
sony gives update? yeah, that's world's 8th wonder LOL
12. cheetah2k (Posts: 1374; Member since: 16 Jan 2011)
Beats the HTC1 to 4.2.2... Go get em Sony!
13. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
That's not much of an accomplishment. Anyone can beat HTC.
17. hms2407 (Posts: 94; Member since: 25 Apr 2013)
xperia z is a great smartphone but htc one is better....
16. hms2407 (Posts: 94; Member since: 25 Apr 2013)
when will xperia sp and L receive the update???
19. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Sony always keep there promise when it comes too updates which is why i think their the greatest company
20. FlushGordon (unregistered)
It's a make-up update folks...
So buyers will never feel sorry because they bought a premium priced handset with a crappy screen and semi-outdated hardware
Good Job SONY
21. hms2407 (Posts: 94; Member since: 25 Apr 2013)
crappy screen and semi outdated specs??? tell that to someone who owns a galaxy s4 which takes around 5 minutes to load applications after every reboot and from time to time starts lagging like hell even after having a octacore cpu...
22. FlushGordon (unregistered)
Oh soo hurt....I am deeply sorry ... really regret what I have said man, please go on with your life and enjoy your updated Xperia Z
23. hms2407 (Posts: 94; Member since: 25 Apr 2013)
atleast i got something premium for the price i paid for it.....enjoy your 700 dollar plastic heater that cannot even survive a single hit to the ground,,,,,again enjoy
25. Trex95 (Posts: 852; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
As i said before the Japanese godzilla of tech wake up. Don't underestimate Sony cause Samsung used to work under Sony before galaxy's.
27. hms2407 (Posts: 94; Member since: 25 Apr 2013)
people forget so much so fast,without sony,samsung would'nt had been this successful
28. Andrewtst (Posts: 578; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
SONY this time really FAST! Beside Samsung Galaxy S4 is Android 4.2.2, now only Sony Xperia Z and ZL is Android 4.2.2, BRAVO! SONY!
33. lebravo11 (Posts: 1; Member since: 25 Jun 2013)
the language of the source page is not spanish, it's italian