Amber update announced for Nokia Lumia smartphones, to bring fancy camera features and FM Radio
1. PermanentHiatus (Posts: 267; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
FM radio is dead. Guess they didn't get the memo.
6. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
we still use fm radio. guess again.
we use it to stream phone's music to car radio. and listen to radio stations.
13. znellu (Posts: 74; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Why do people like you comment like dumb. A few weeks back there was a poll conducted to know about people's preference regarding the usage of FM radio. Many were complaining that WP doesn't have FM functionality. Now here's a person who comments as if he's a new-born that he doesn't know what's happening around :D
For your info, companies think that people don't use FM radio nowadays (maybe it's true in US but not in all the countries) and that's why it was disabled in the Lumia devices. But actually there was a demand for it and Nokia is enabling it.
14. giosoliman (Posts: 6; Member since: 04 Jan 2013)
Yes its dead.. Dead to those who dont have it anymore in their smartphones.. Im still lucky to have one haha.
8. hipnotika (Posts: 353; Member since: 06 Mar 2013)
galaxy also killed by htc one :))))))))))
12. UniversityOfPI (Posts: 3; Member since: 14 May 2013)
depends on the galaxy...
S4 vs L925 or L928 is a tough call
I'd have the S4 edge a victory with IR and removable storage
4. tusshharish (Posts: 342; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
in above picture where is nokia lumia 928???????
10. SIGPRO (Posts: 744; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
Yes true but it was already built in, but WP did not allow it till now!
11. UniversityOfPI (Posts: 3; Member since: 14 May 2013)
Will this come with the 928 too or will we have to wait?
15. -box- (Posts: 3967; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
RTFA: all WP8 Lumias.
Though Verizon is crummy on updates so the 928 will probably get it around Christmas
18. UniversityOfPI (Posts: 3; Member since: 14 May 2013)
I said come *with* as in ship with as opposed to having to wait until july/q3/q4
even though it comes out in 2 days some details have still alluded people
20. clevername (Posts: 1435; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
verizon is bad with updates, but with wp, updates either come from the manufacturer or microsoft. its not android, so it`ll be timely. and thats not a shot at android., just a note that android updates are slower ecause they go through several hands. im not badmouthing.
17. KoensSocialLife (Posts: 7; Member since: 08 Feb 2013)
Some website say that the lumia 620 do not support FM radio. But you say nothing of that on your website. My question is now: Do the Lumia 620 support FM Radio? Yes or No?
19. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3485; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
No, but after this update it'll support FM also.
21. KoensSocialLife (Posts: 7; Member since: 08 Feb 2013)
My local Nokia say now it don't support FM Radio after update :(