Alcatel joins the Android ICS party with Alcatel OT986: 4.5″ HD screen and 1.5 GHz dual-core processor
- TI OMAP 4460 Cortex-A9 Dual-Core 1.5GHz processor,
- PowerVR SGX540 GPU clocked at 384MHz,
- 1GB of RAM,
- 4GB of internal memory, expandable via microSD cards,
- 5MP rear camera w/ LED flash, 2MP front facing cam,
- HSPA+, Bluetooth 4.0.
Alcatel OT986 Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
HTC One 2 aka HTC M8 rumor round-up: camera, specs, release date and design
05 Dec 2013, 10:44
Android 4.4 KitKat update: release date, features and rumors
31 Oct 2013, 02:31
Cyber Monday 2013 deals on phones, tablets and other electronics
01 Dec 2013, 10:55
How to take better photos with your Samsung Galaxy Note 3
05 Dec 2013, 03:02
2. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
Alcatel provides entry-level phones in Asia and they're quite good at it, although I don't know why but I'm turned off by 5MP Dual Core Phones. Camera usually sucks,
4. shadowcell (Posts: 300; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
Yeah because 12MP cameras with crappy CMOS sensors are way better.....
5. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
i said usually. why does everyone always have to judge me? lol.
it all ends up usually on par with the original Galaxy S' quality, which is now mediocre...
6. shadowcell (Posts: 300; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
Judge you? No no buddie, "5MP dual core phones" is such a generalized category.
The Galaxy Nexus houses a 5MP sensor that was one of the best for 2011 and I'm pretty sure it triumphs over the Galaxy S.
12. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
the turn off part is subjective. :)
11. Mario1017 (Posts: 336; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
I dont find Alcatel phones good at all, my brother has had about 4 of them, the first one lasted about 5 months, the next 4 only about 2..
7. A.aoudi (Posts: 125; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
Pretty much a galaxy nexus. Stock android, Omap 4460, 5 MP, same GPU. The processor is clocked a bit higher then the nexus but less internal memory. Overall decent offering.
10. Jimstar (Posts: 259; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
That's exactly what i was thinking. Also it's using Bluetooth 4.0 vs 3.0 but yeah, the thing is like a square'd off Nexus
9. kindlefireowner (Posts: 233; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Alcatel has the entry level Venture on Virgin Mobile. I could see this on Virgin Mobile as well.
13. xjarl (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 May 2012)
Its should be 8.0MP Camera,then will be a better choice.