Ad for the LG Optimus G Pro makes fun of the Apple iPhone
LG Optimus Pro, courtesy of Android 4.2. But first, in the beginning of the ad, we see a line of playing kids get snapped in one shot, similar to the Apple iPhone ad, even copying the long stretched out "cheese" call. Actually, because this is ad is in Korean, the word is "Kimchiiiiiii". After the shot is taken, it is printed, framed and hanged on the wall just like the Apple ad, right down to the crooked placement of the photo on the wall that needs to be fixed. Nothing special here.
Then, we get to see Photo Sphere in action. It is a feature on Android 4.2, which obviously will be powering the LG Optimus G Pro at launch. And instead of capturing images along a horizontal plane like the camera on the Apple iPhone, it allows the capture to captures images horizontally and vertically resulting in a much fuller photograph which replaces the iPhone-esque shot that had been hanging on the wall.
It might not have been as sarcastic and pointed as Samsung's ad, but no less entertaining.
source: LG, Apple via AppleInsider
1. skaar18 posted on 23 Feb 2013, 15:23 4 20
omg i laughed so much of the first video.. Yeah photo sphere is so much better then panorama.. in photo sphere you even got kids without feet... and feet without bodies
How can they use that picture in a commercial?
2. moronman66 posted on 23 Feb 2013, 15:33 15 3
Are you sure you're not confusing the paint containers with feet? I don't see any standalone feet lying around, or children without feet o.o
38. skaar18 posted on 24 Feb 2013, 04:48 0 1
Yeah you are right nobody is missing a foot or two in that picture... especially not the kid to the left -.-
I do not know where his foot/feet are, but he sure as h*** is missing one.
And no i did not mean to say that all of the paint containers are feet, i was talking in general about photo sphere. for now photo sphere is a gimmick it does not work probably. I have a nexus 4 and i have tried photo sphere. Unless your extremely good at taking picture you will get a picture or two wrong in photo sphere. And the commercial illustrate that.
40. dexter_jdr posted on 24 Feb 2013, 05:35 1 0
i really dont see any missing body parts there..... the final product of photo sphere that is...
42. skaar18 posted on 24 Feb 2013, 06:10 0 1
Sorry wrote wrong... right ;) my bad..
The kid to the right is missing a foot.. i guess i do not know the diffrence of right and left, but the kid to the right is missing a foot. :) sorry for the mistake
46. dexter_jdr posted on 24 Feb 2013, 09:26 0 0
sorry but thats still a mistake. there is a foot. you should see an optalmologist. :P
48. Haribo posted on 04 Mar 2013, 04:05 0 0
The only thing I can think someone may see as missing is the kid at the end jumping/skipping
5. baza58 posted on 23 Feb 2013, 15:58 19 1
You don't now how to properly do photosphere then.
8. PhoneArenaUser posted on 23 Feb 2013, 16:29 18 1
I think that it is great and very right commercial by LG. :)
41. s.mrabet posted on 24 Feb 2013, 05:37 3 0
You should get yourself some glasses dude!
43. skaar18 posted on 24 Feb 2013, 06:12 0 1
meant right ;) sorry for the mistake... and no i do not need glasses... but i might need a lecture in what is right and left ;)
3. SleepingOz posted on 23 Feb 2013, 15:34 15 2
6. nikenturd (unregistered) posted on 23 Feb 2013, 16:04 12 1
That ad was patented
47. dexter_jdr posted on 24 Feb 2013, 09:28 0 0
7. MAG33 posted on 23 Feb 2013, 16:09 17 1
no offense but the iphone 5 is very expensive for what it offers compared to other device...even LG. sells for $ 1000 from Vodafone...otimus g is at half price...
9. gmracer1 posted on 23 Feb 2013, 16:30 1 13
Now why would anyone--or any company--make fun of Apple?
18. lolioslol (banned) posted on 23 Feb 2013, 18:41 13 2
Because there is an endless amount of material to work with.
- shoddy construction
- slave labor
- buggy OS
- apple maps
- condescending CEO
- refusal to listen to customer wants
34. ilia1986 posted on 24 Feb 2013, 01:58 8 0
- static UI
- refusal to compete fairly
- blind determination to destroy Android
- 0 consumer freedom
- patent wars BS.
- banning competitor products
- No native YouTube app
14. rizevnarastek posted on 23 Feb 2013, 17:20 12 0
But Photosphere is an android feature anyways :D
15. Hemlocke posted on 23 Feb 2013, 17:48 1 8
Photo Sphere looked cool when it debuted, and then I tried it. Awkward and lackluster, at best. Someone should make a commercial that shows someone taking a Photo Sphere shot with only one word in the caption: "Why?"
26. tedkord posted on 23 Feb 2013, 21:54 7 0
Translation: Until Apple implements it, its silly.
21. quakan posted on 23 Feb 2013, 19:40 0 8
LG has no room to poke fun at Apple. They wish they had Apple's profits.
22. chemhaz posted on 23 Feb 2013, 19:40 8 1
Android to iOS: "Anthing you can do, I can do better" (and always had).
29. tusshharish posted on 24 Feb 2013, 00:44 0 0
and make available for everyone....not only to rich people............to the people who love android ........
23. InspectorGadget80 posted on 23 Feb 2013, 21:24 2 1
LMFAO this made my day love it when companies make fun of apple when LG shows their 360 degree panoramic view of their phone IT'S BETTER LOOKING. CLASSIC way too go LG.
28. pyradark posted on 23 Feb 2013, 22:21 0 4
Another Company Getting into Bashing other Company,
Thank God Im Sony Fan and they act professional when it comes it Marketing Ad
You'll get nothing in Bashing other Phone.
30. monkeytown posted on 24 Feb 2013, 01:12 0 2
LG already made fun of themselves when they copied the note 2