Sony Xperia TL User Reviews Back

snowgator posted on May 02, 2013, 3:35 AM
Posts: 3630; Member since: Jan 19, 2011

Excellent value.

snowgator has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

There is very little bad I can actually say at the price of this beast- it is a good device and is a from a company I have grown to trust with it's products. This is not a top performer, but there is little to criticize. Solid feeling and made to feel like a real phone, it is a large feeling phone with hard edges. The screen is vibrant. One of the areas I think Sony shines is call quality- and this still has crisp clean audio that I feel very few manufacturers can equal. I am not as huge of a fan of the camera as a lot of reviewers, I find it to be a little slow reacting and the images on par with most shooters. I also find the Android experience a little busy- I do not mind the UI, but don't really feel it adds a ton either. A little sluggish compared to the elite of the Andriod army in loading everyday sites and pages, but compared to the mid-range offerings, it performs well. Battery life is nothing to be ashamed of, but ain't nothing to brag about either. I certainly recommend it- Sony puts out durable phones and this experience has been great. (Son's phone- replaced his Sony-Errickson Play.)

Excellent. But hard edges may be a turn off to some.
No complaints, no dropped calls. But does seem to have a little less bars then our other phones, so be sure AT&T is strong in your area.
Among the best.
Not elite in loading speed. I could see some annoyance over time if you did not keep up with multi-tasking and applications running in the background
With all the Android options- the TL responds great.
Nothing better for a screen in it's price range for an Android.
Keep a charger handy.

• Excellent audio/call quality
  • Great build.
  • Outstanding value for the money

Cons

• Battery is not great.
  • Camera performance is a tad over rated- very sluggish.
  • Need to ensure strong AT&T reception where you live- noticed it will lose some "bars" of reception.

Art8 posted on May 06, 2013, 4:20 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Jul 08, 2009

Everything IS GOOD.

Art8 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

iT IS NOT A GAMING PHONE. IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR OTHER THAN GAMING IT IS A GOOD PHONE. i HATE THE BATTERY PERIOD. IF YOU LIVE IN A COLD AREA THEN PLAY A GAME AND THE PHONE WILL KEEP YOU WARM.CUZ IT IS THE BEST HEATER EVER.

The phone overheats while playing games..NOT GOOD
BEST CAMERA I HAD.
It has a good screen.
One of the worst batteries ever.

Pros

• Camera.
  • screen

Cons

• Battery.
  • BATTERY
  • BATTERY
  • BATTERY
  • BATTERY>>>>

Art8 alternatives:

tsmartinez0528 posted on Mar 23, 2013, 11:11 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Mar 23, 2013

Sony is going to make its way to the top of the line with Xperia

tsmartinez0528 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I went to AT&T and was looking at phones. All the employees there are either Iphone users or Samsung users...... Well I am neither. Iphone is too plain and boring with nothing to really wow you. Samsung.....toooooo muh bloatware and touchwiz sucks. Nuff said. I love Nexus and I currently own a nexus 7. I am all about the Vanilla Android(No bullsnap running over the stock android UI). So ..... I played with the Xperia TL and I was amazed because I tottaly thought there was going to be some sort of Sense or Touchwiz-like UI running over the Android but, alas, there was nothing. SWIPED!!!!!!! Took it home and got to playing with and loved it even more.....Now I had only had this phone about a week and....wait for it...... I dropped it down two flights of concrete stairs ( I live in an apartment complex....s**tty) and I heard it dunk dink flop. AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!! I thought it was over. I ran down the stairs to see it laying there, (no case or screen protector on it whatsoever) on its face. I pick it up and there is only a tiny little scratch in the corner. No glass scrapes, no anything. I now have had the phone for three months+ and there is nothing wrong with how it works either. Well I would just ike to thank Sony for manufacturing a very well built phone. Bravo to you sir! The phone is awesome. Beautiful display, best build quality in a phone I've ever had, good reception, UI is almost Nexus-like(only custom app icons and folders), camera is better than almost every phone out...

Pros

• Display is gorgeous
  • Build Quality is incredible...Hulk!haha
  • No Blasphemous UI

Cons

• AT&T Apps

trainer1972 posted on Jan 16, 2013, 11:10 PM
Posts: 3; Member since: Dec 11, 2010

Great Value @ a low cost

trainer1972 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Love that SONY makes great quality products and the XPERIA TL holds its own, provides a great bang for it's buck!
I love the dedicated camera button, Bravia Engine, Xperia Media and NFC as well as the 13 megapixel camera.

Nice design with arch but the at&t version is mostly plastic and the screen is NOT gorilla glass!
Great quick capture camera BUT the colors are not as super saturated as iphone 5 or samsung gs3
Will be better and faster with JellyBean update
Easy to handle and very pocketable BUT be careful, the screen is not Gorilla Glass and scratches easily!

Pros

• Fits in the hand and pocket nicely and offers a GREAT bang for the buck in HD display and media

Cons

• Not a Gorilla Glass display and scratches easily!

trainer1972 alternatives: