LG VX-8000 User Reviews

Francesca posted on Dec 20, 2005, 10:14 AM

AMAZING 8000

This phone is amazing, it has everything and you can get a piece to get blue tooth and i have it. so it is great..I LOVE THE SIZE are you kidding! i hate small phones. I just dont know how to use my usb cable yet, could someone tell me?

And you dont even have to open your phone to read a text message! how great is that! last but not least the picture is great depending on the lighting.

moedaddy posted on Oct 09, 2005, 7:44 PM

Diiscontinued LG-8000

Best phone I ever had,but why was it discontinued.The sound was poor,ring tones needed to be louder for me because I work outside.I dropped it a few times outside also,tough phone.
Mike A.

Frank Tomato posted on Jul 23, 2005, 1:41 PM

Best Phone I've Ever Used

This is by far, the best phone, with the most options I've ever laid my hands on. The camera is fantastic (for a phone). MP3's, V-Cast (if it's in your area), speaker phone, ringtone availibility, etc., this has it all. Many people have commented about the size of the phone, and I agree that it's larger than most. However, I have come to appreciate how easy it is for ham-handed people like myself to use. No more hitting 2 buttons at once, Woo Hoo!!! If you're looking for great value and options in a phone, look no further.

Nick posted on Jul 18, 2005, 1:23 AM

Had me at hello

It was crazy how I had gone to the mall with my dude to check out some clothes after I received some checks for graduation money. The phone is so damn good and I just happened to had been in the mall by the verizon store and dropped a call, and I realized it was the shitty phone I had. SO my friend suggested to buy a new phone. You know a phone is good when you spend 450 dollars without havin any initial intent to have spent it... very satisfied and i suggest it to anybody who is depicting over a new phone and its features.

Jill posted on Jul 15, 2005, 6:27 PM

Why are there always so many errors here?

Why are there always so many errors here?
This phone's camera does *NOT* swivel.

I hope no one is buying a phone, based on what
they read here.

BIG mistake.

BIG DOG posted on Jun 22, 2005, 12:41 AM

LG 8000

IV HAD MY LG 8000 SINCE APRIL NOW AND ITS THE BEST PHONE IV EVER SEEN EVERYWHERE I GO PPL TELL ME WAT A GREAT PHONE I JUS WISH THE 8100 WOULD COME OUT SOON SO I CAN GET IT

Teresa posted on May 30, 2005, 2:47 PM

LG VX8000 Love It!!!

I love this phone! You can download a program called BitPim which will allow you to transfer Mp3's and manage other applications. I love the camera, too! Way better than the Samsung that I used to have. I don't even use my digital camera anymore. I am an agent for Verizon so I see all the phones. I can say this one beats them all!!! So what it's big... All the new V-Cast phones are. The reception is really impressive. I pick up in areas that other phones won't. My husband is waiting for the LG VX8100, but I don't see how it can be any better other than BlueTooth.

Qi posted on May 24, 2005, 7:52 PM

LG VX 8000 USB Cable problems

I got a problem with my LG VX 8000 phone, I have bought two different USB Cables for my phone they both don't work, I don't know why. I have installed the drivers on my computer many times. I thought it's like a movable hard drive when I plug into my computer it will appear on my computer but after I plugged in I didn't see any differences on my computer, so I didn't know where to get or put the pics to my phone??? I saw some tips online, it said about the QPST or the otehr explorer things I really didn't know what they talked about. Can anybody help? I really appreciate it.

TexusStyle posted on May 14, 2005, 7:39 AM

Great Job LG

I must say that LG has came a long Way. This is the only Phone compnay that i buy from. I got rid of my LG VX7000 which I like for the LG VX8000. Both Interior and Exterior Screen on the 8000 are Crystal Clear, Speaker phone is awesome. Camera is the best 1.3 on a Cell phone , you cannot do better than that. wish it had Blue Thooth, The VCAST is avail here in Houston,Texas and it makes up for the Blue Tooth. Love the New LG VX8000 way to go LG....Hey LIFE'S GOOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latinalocaa posted on Apr 05, 2005, 1:27 PM

Who REALLY knows about the phone?

Because the Tech's dont. I cant seem to get answers, and the phone i received does not work correctly... i have had it for a month. The techs at Verizon dont even know what is wrong and cant seem to transfer my phone book to a new replacement phone. Dont know how to customize the home page, update browser, download java, find banking wap sites, etc. phone shuts down or locks up for no reason and there is no control+alt+delete. no online web page for application downloads, tech info, etc... and i am very disapointed there is no bluetooth or function to download from verizon picture site or contact/calendar site (can only upload pics). when will they get it together? plus, verizon makes it difficult by not centeralizing all account, feature, etc. information on one page. i thought they did it with the HUB, but even that does not have everything and launches some sites in seperate window.

I think the techs are not thinking BIG enough!!

If you have information or solutions for my gripes, please feel free to send to LatinaLocaa@Yahoo.com

Overall, i do like the phone, but it is not smart enough for me.

ATARI posted on Feb 27, 2005, 11:01 AM

LG8000

I've been testing out MANY PHONES in the past
3 months!...TALK ABOUT BEING DISAPPOINTED!!!
Now,FINALLY got the LG 8000!...
THIS IS IT!! FEATURES GALORE!!! LOVE IT!!! BUY IT!!!
THIS IS THE BABY!!! I'M HAPPY!!!
ATARI!!!!

|||
|||
/ | \

J_P_DUB_II posted on Feb 20, 2005, 7:53 PM

Good but not great

Reviewed this phone extensively and was excited to get it but have not been as pleased as I though I would.
Pros:
Key pad is great, nice and big for my hands.
Good sound quality, vibrate mode works well
Outter screen is very clear.
Cons:
I have a leather case and belt clip The lip flips open too easily while wearing it on my belt.
Inner screen should have a higher resolution.
No SD card slot.
Unable to upload mp3 from p.c.
Camera sucks.
V-Cast not available in Spokane, WA

Hexto posted on Feb 11, 2005, 8:55 AM

This phone rocks!!!

This phone rocks! I had the V710 for about a week when it first came out but was very disappointed with it. I returned it and waited for the 8000...and waited and waited. Finally I got it on the day it came out and it was worth the wait. The only thing I don't like is that it doesn't allow me to keep T9 on in the scheduler but that's minor

djc posted on Feb 08, 2005, 10:37 PM

hot but could have been better

nice phone, but the quality of the calls is somehow disappointing. My old Samsung T300 had much clearer sound. The amplifier is really cheap, too much hiss in the earphones. Missing an easy way to transfer the photos to a computer or to upload other photos (looks like they want you to pay unless you figure out how to use BitPim or QPST). Picture quality is kinda poor, pictures are slightly blurry, most likely because of phone movement. But after all it's a phone not a camera.

Alias posted on Feb 06, 2005, 7:36 PM

Dosent get any better than this

Okay, well I my self am 10 years old. I decided to get this phone for my birth day next month. From what I've seen on the internet the Phone sounds great.
PROS: * I love the V-cast feature. I am out and about a lot and its great to be able to watch TV on the go. (I live in Pheonix,AZ)
*MP3 player sounds great
*3d games are cool
*love the video clip feature ( I wish it was more than 15 sec.
*could use the GPS function
** Easy to navigate menu soinds good
*Next year I go to Jr. High so text messaging
*Plus this Phone has so many cool features i couldn't possibly list them all
* And who cares if the Phone isn't tiny. a bigger phones means a bigger screen for the V-cast
CONS:None

This is a realy cool phone don't look at any other phones get out and buy this one.

Big Boy posted on Feb 02, 2005, 3:34 PM

BEST PHONE OUT RIGHT NOW

I originally started with the motorola v710 then swapped to the lg vx7000...that was a good move. Now that I switched to the 8000, I can't be happier. The screen is bigger than the 7k, has a nicer finish outside, speakerphone, mp3 compat., etc etc...I'm super satisfied with this phone and would suggest it to anyone. The only small downside is the size that everyone agrees with. Personally, I think they could have done a better display of the calendar, but I rarely use it anyways. Two Thumbs UP

--Bigz

Jason Poole posted on Feb 01, 2005, 2:18 PM

VX8000

I just got this phone today as an upgrade from my Samsung SCH-A530 and I have to say, I am amazed. This phone can video, stero sound, WAP 2.0, and it's a great phone. The only downside is its sizes (a lot bigger than my Samsung) and it is slightly heavy compared to other cell phones. But a gig plus for me is the screen size and clearity. Videos and sound are incredible plus the 1.3megapixel camera is a big PLUS.

Jeremy posted on Jan 29, 2005, 3:05 PM

also on the horizon

Very cool phone with very cool features. It's a little on the big side. The LG VX8100 is also on the horizon, added feature is bluetooth. that is the only difference between the two.

penisbetweenis posted on Jan 26, 2005, 5:46 PM

amazing phone

when i got this phone i didnt think it would be much different than the vx 7000 but it beats the hell out of it and every other phone i have ever used.

Squirrels posted on Jan 15, 2005, 10:35 PM

This phone is truley amazing

i think that this phone is great, i think phones don't need blue tooth technology, its just a waste so i didn't count that as a issue the only issue i have would have to be its desighnt, it needs to be smaller and a bit more rounded but i dont care about looks anymore alls i want is its EXCELENT features wich are purley beyonde belief, im 13 and own the LG vx7000 so to me this phone is that start of a new phone world...atleast for the united states

ecko915 posted on Jan 04, 2005, 11:59 PM

vx8000

amazing phone...blows the other crappy phones away like motorola v710(gosh that this is bauched!!)

i reccommend and please do buy this phone as it will make every other phone look like bad!

Trail Participant posted on Dec 28, 2004, 8:54 PM

Trail Participant

I love this phone! I am so glad that I opened what I thought was junk mail. It is easy to use and the clips and pixs are awesome. The only thumbs down for me would be that it is not bluetooth.... other than that, I would and have highly recommended this phone to everyone that asks me about it.

douglas foggie posted on Dec 07, 2004, 7:56 PM

great phone, I love it.

I would give the vx8000 a a+ except for no bluetooth,the volume for ringer could be a bit louder, but other than that, this is the best phone I ever had by far.

NYGFAN posted on Dec 07, 2004, 9:03 AM

Best Cell Phone Ever

I love this phone! It does just what it was advertised to do. Once this phone hits the market, You definitely need to get it. The clarity of the calls are crystal clear. The video clips are crystal and the sound from the clips is just amazing.

The ax man posted on Dec 04, 2004, 8:30 PM

sick phone

this phone i by far the best ever made by lg. I can't wait until it comes out for verizon so that i can get it. it is verizon's "best affordable phone."