LG GU295 User Reviews

Oscer7 posted on May 28, 2019, 5:50 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: May 28, 2019

I was bored, so I decided to review the emergency phone we use at my work... in 2019

Oscer7 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Yeah you heard me I'm reviewing this 9 year old phone because I'm bored. It'll probably be a review nobody will ever see but hey who cares?

The fact that it still works is amazing, but it hasn't aged well in those 9 years.

I had a flip phone in high school with this UI and that phone was a Tracphone so that isn't really saying much. It brings back a lot of memories but that's about it.

This phone really shows the expectations of what our phones were supposed to do at that time. It was that awkward time where phones were starting to be able to connect to the internet, have app and music support and everything but it was all in its infancy, is very dated by today's standards, and is strangled by the design and performance regular phones had at the time. It's really turned into a time portal that unfortunately isn't really supported anymore.

App support is odd. It's an AT&T phone to give you an idea. It has a lot of stuff related to music which really dates this phone. It even has GPS which if it worked I would totally want to use just for the memes. I got stuck after telling me to log into an account. It is a work phone afterall that isn't mine. It has a mobile web browser which looks dated and can't connect to anything anymore. It even has a thing for yellowpages.com which doesn't work anymore. No idea what that did. Overall it just leaves me wondering what any of these apps looked or functioned like.

It calls and texts fine, the speaker is pretty bad as well as the microphone....

Considering the phone is gonna be 9 years old, the fact it's still running is amazing and shows the high build quality.
It gets good reception throughout the building but the network is 3G. It does its job.
You can hear what they're saying but not very well. I don't know what's worse, the microphone or the speaker.
Nothing is supported on this. It can't connect to anything and even if it did it doesn't have wi-fi connectivity.
It's usable and has card support but almost any phone is better. Or just get a dedicated MP3 player at that point.
The fact it has a camera is cool but yeah compared to any camera of today it is hot garbage.
Although slow for what it's loading the load speeds are pretty par compared to phones of today because apps have gotten so much bigger.
It serves its purpose as an emergency business phone but comparing this to any sort of phone me or my family use everyday is laughable.
The keyboard is good and high quality but its a numpad design which has aged about as well as milk.
With a 176x220 display what were you expecting? But it does do it's job so I'm not gonna slam it.
The fact it's been 9 years and the battery still hold a decent charge is amazing, so it gets points for that, but obviously the battery life isn't great anymore.

Pros

• Amazing Build Quality
  • Good battery life
  • Good As Just a Phone

Cons

• No Internet Connectivity
  • Speaker is garbage
  • Bad Camera
  • Slow Numpad
  • Lacks Any Sort Of Modern Features
  • The Features It Does Have Aren't Even Supported
  • Using This Instead of a Smartphone Won't Work
  • It's Discontinued So You'll Have To Search For One On Ebay

KJB1968 posted on Apr 13, 2011, 3:45 PM
Posts: 1; Member since: Apr 13, 2011

Very 2011 for a slider phone!

KJB1968 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

This phone has perfomed very well. The call clarity and volume is excellent. The menus and shortcuts are very easy to follow. I like that it is 3g and I can check all of my email accounts on the web very fast. I have found that Opera Mini is outstanding on here. I am on the web a lot and I have all of my stock quotes, news and bank sites saved to my favorites. This phone even plays videos very well and with no problems. The screen is small, but I am fine with this because I want clarity and accuracy more than I do screen size.
The technology is very up to date which makes web browsing and viewing links from emails and watching videos on youtube very easy.
I like the T9 texting feature. I can text faster than my friends who have QWERTY keyboards! The buttons are large and easy to see and easy to press. This is a very solid phone and I am extremely happy with it!

Solid feeling and the spring for the slider is strong and enables it to snap back in place easily when closing or opening.
I have yet to have a dropped call, but sometimes the bars are very low to nonexistent in my apartment, but it seems to be getting great reception due to my not dropping any calls.
The call volume is great and the clarity is the best I have used!
It is very fast with 3G and works very well with Opera Mini 4.3
Videos are very clear and seamless. Not choppy at all.
Camera works great and the video recorder is excellent. You can record for over an hour with it.
Excellent, but not as good as the amoled touch screens out there now.

Pros

• Well built

Cons

No Cons

gotthebareminimum posted on Jan 04, 2011, 2:19 AM

got a basic phone with the features I wanted, but doesn't perform as well as hoped

gotthebareminimum has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Although I've had this phone for less than a month, I'm disappointed. Not with the call quality itself, but with a few simple features. The volume rocker can only be used for volume and not in things such as the camera (for zooming) and menus (for scrolling). The alarms cannot be adjust in their volume, you can't even have a vibrating alarm as far as I know. And finally the camera, the placement is a little more prone to being blocked, but not by much; no self portrait mirror; little flexibility in features, such as effects, and picture adjustment (I'm used to the features on a camera of a Samsung A737, which was my previous phone and also happened to function much better); and the pictures after they are taken, can't be edited on the phone and have to be edited on a computer (another feature that was nice to have on the A737). The menus tend to load slowly, but the battery life is great; solid phone; good call quality. Does what I want, but not as well as I had hoped. Eventually it boils down to being very basic to me.
Just for the heck of it, the SAR rating seemed pretty low (which is good), if that's a concern for you at all.

solid feel
Clear, but sound seemed only slightly little soft on my end; was told that my voice seemed to be more clear for the person on the other end
too basic of a phone, and too small of screen to have any reason to go on the internet on this phone
Not the best for listening to music, but still decent
Disappointed with features, brightness adjustment has to be done by going to the settings, can't zoom with rocker buttons
Menus load slowly for a phone like this, even more basic phones load menus faster
Does calls, pretty much I need
Odd trouble being able to use the T9, not as ideal as with a QWERTY
Clear, and good for the size
Definite plus, I made a 2 and a half hour call starting at full charge, and the battery icon only went down one mark when I finished.

Pros

• call quality

Cons

• features were not made to their full potential
  • camera feature not the best
  • volume rocker could have been used for more