All iPhone 12 mini deals and prices at Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T or Best Buy
We may earn a commission if you make a purchase from the links on this page.
iPhone 12 mini, Apple fills the last screen size target that it didn't have a presence in just yet, and now covers the range from 4.7-6.7 inches, an iPhone for every hand and pocket indeed.With the
How much does the iPhone 12 mini cost with trade in and where can I buy it?
The iPhone 12 mini ($699 value) comes free at AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, Target, and others, with a new line or a suitable trade-in, just like the best iPhone 12 Pro deals. Call it coronavirus-induced supply chain delays, or clever marketing ploy to satisfy the buying intent of early adopters with the more run-of-the-mill models, but Apple is certainly going to stretch its iPhone 12 series revenue well into 2021, given that the iPhone 12 Pro mini release date was November 13.
Let's recap all the iPhone 12 mini specs, colors, features, and version price tags:
- Storage versions: 64G/128G/256G
- Prices: $699/$749/$849 on Verizon and AT&T, or $729/$779/$879 at T-Mobile or unlocked
- Colors: blue, green, black, white, and (PRODUCT)RED.
- Display size and resolution: 5.4" 1080 x 2340 pixels OLED 60Hz Super Retina XDR Display with Ceramic Shield Front Cover
- Processor and RAM: Apple A14/4GB RAM
- Cameras: 12MP main + 12MP ultrawide cameras, f/1.6 aperture, 7P lens
- New iPhone 12 camera features: Deep Fusion 2, Smart HDR 3, Night Mode Timelapse
- 5G connectivity with Smart Data Mode
- 15W wireless charging
- No charger or headphones in the iPhone 12 mini box
Moreover, there are some iPhone 12 and 12 mini Black Friday discounts as well, albeit mainly with carrier plans attached.
AT&T has the best iPhone 12 mini trade-in deal, at the price of free
As you may have heard already, the much touted iPhone 12 models $699 starting price is actually with a $30 AT&T, T-Mobile (at Apple only), or Verizon discount, and requires activation with the carriers. AT&T's offer, however, is to pay the iPhone 12 mini price in 30 installments:
- iPhone 12 mini for $29.12 a month or $699 before trade-in at AT&T
AT&T informed us that new or existing subs will be able to get the latest 12 mini gratis. Here's what you need to do in order to qualify for the free iPhone 12 mini offer:
- Purchase an eligible smartphone on a qualifying installment agreement, including taxes on full retail price (upfront), and a $30 activation or upgrade fee.
- Add a new line of service, or upgrade an existing line.
- Activate postpaid unlimited wireless plan for at least $75/month for new customers before discounts.
- Trade-in a phone in good working condition with a minimum trade-in value of $95 for $700 credit ($35 for $350 credit) within 30 days of activation.
- Get $700 in bill credits with trade-in value of at least $95 ($350 with trade-in value of $35 to $94) spread over 30 months.
Here's the AT&T fine print on the iPhone 12 series deal: "Monthly price reflects net monthly payment, after application of AT&T trade-in credit up to $800 applied over 30 months after trade-in of eligible smartphone with minimum $95 trade-in value. Requires upgrade of an existing line (or activation of a new line in stores) and purchase of a new iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, or iPhone 12 Pro Max on a qualifying 30-month 0 percent APR installment plan."
As you can see, you can easily trade in a complete clunker of a phone and get a shiny new iPhone 12 mini - the world's most compact and most powerful 5G phone in its class, sweet!
Apple iPhone 12 mini price, preorder deals and availability on Verizon
While its mmWave 5G network is ultrafast, Verizon isn't really a contender in nationwide coverage compared to T-Mobile. Concurrently with the iPhone 12 mini announcement, however, it unveiled availability of its 5G Ultra Wideband service in 55 more cities, 43 stadiums and arenas, and seven airports, calling it "5G Nationwide service" that according to its calculations is available to more than 200 million people in 1,800 cities in the US.
Verizon's iPhone 12 mini price and preorder deals:
- iPhone 12 mini starts at $29.16 per month for 24 months on Verizon device payment (0% APR, $699.99 retail).
- Get an iPhone 12 mini for as low as free when you switch to Verizon, trade-in select smartphones and sign up for a select Unlimited plan.
- Existing customers can get an iPhone 12 mini for as low as $12 a month on Verizon Device Payment with a select unlimited plan, when you trade in select phones, including iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus.
- Apple Music, with over 70 million songs, thousands of playlists, daily selections from the world’s best music experts, the groundbreaking Apple Music radio, and innovative features like time-synced lyrics, is currently included, at no additional cost, in Get More Unlimited. And for those choosing Play More Unlimited, Do More Unlimited or Start Unlimited, you can still get six months of Apple Music free.
Apple iPhone 12 mini preorders on T-Mobile
T-Mobile is now as generous as AT&T or Verizon, and will sell you the iPhone 12 mini at a $30 discount compared to the full $729 price for the unlocked model, but only if you get it from Apple. Otherwise, the iPhone 12 mini prices and preorder deals on T-Mobile are as follows:
- iPhone 12 mini from $24.37 a month for 30 months, or $729 before trade-in
- Free iPhone 12 mini with eligible trade in and new line of service
- Retail or business customers who have been with T-Mobile, including Sprint, for 5+ years can get a $200 rebate on any new iPhone when they trade or turn in any active iPhone on an eligible plan. This can be combined with the half off deal for savings of up to $750.
- $150 rebate via virtual prepaid Mastercard Card, which customer can use online or in store via accepted mobile payment apps.
Apple iPhone 12 mini preorder deal at Target
During the preorder period, you could get up to $250 bill credit when porting in to AT&T and purchasing a smartphone on an AT&T installment plan at Target. This was on top of AT&T's $700 off iPhone 12 mini offer with qualified trade-in that can be as low as $95. Still a good deal, though, and similar to the one Costco offers without the membership requirement.