When Google unveils a new version of Android or releases a developer preview build, it's an arms race between the popular launchers on Google Play to add as many of the new features as quickly as possible. On that note, fan favorite home screen replacement Action Launcher has received another update today, introducing a bunch of sweet Android P features.
Of course, as is tradition, the update also packs a load of other features and improvements, including quick bar menu customization and extended settings for app drawer folders, but most people will be primarily interested in the Android P goodness that comes with update v35 for Action Launcher.
Speaking of that, the main attraction here is the option to use an Android P-style dock with a search bar to match. What can I tell ya, the launcher already has most new Android home screen features (and much, much more), so it's the little things they add.
Another neat, new feature is the ability to sort items in app drawer folders in various different ways or hide them entirely. If you'd like to read about all the new features that Action Launcher v35 brings to the table, here's the part of the changelog that concerns the newly added goodness:
• NEW: When the Quickbar is white and uses a transparency of 35% of greater, icons on the Quickbar display in white ala Pixel Launcher.
• NEW: Support for P style rounded dock. The dock's look can be changed via the new Dock tint effect setting.
• NEW: Add Pixel Launcher style search bar to All Apps drawer.
• NEW: When sliding the All Apps drawer open, smoothly transition to the new Pixel Launcher style search bar.
• NEW: Folders can be created in the All Apps drawer.
• NEW: "Show desktop shortcuts" setting added to All Apps options. If disabled, apps with shortcuts on the desktop are automatically hidden from the app drawers.
• NEW: "Select Apps" option added to folders.
• NEW: "Sort" option added to folders.
• NEW: Use Android P style rounded folders.
• NEW: Smartsize icon scaling, previously a Plus only feature, is now used automatically for all users.
• NEW: All Apps shortcut gestures no longer require Plus upgrade.
• NEW: Android P compatibility. Specifically, the compatibility warning notice no longer displays.
• NEW: Add "Customize" option to the Quickbar's menu.