TomTom will be bringing its award-winning navigation to Android come October, said the company in a press release, and it will be showcasing the beta at the IFA 2012 expo.
No pricing is revealed at this stage, but all the TomTom bells and whistles you know and love will be there, and the app follows the already successful launch of a mobile version for iOS. Plus, it will go well with the hands-free car kit for smartphones
the navigation company recently announced.
"We aim to make TomTom content and services available to as many devices and platforms as we can. Bringing TomTom navigation to Android smartphones is, therefore, a significant milestone for us
", said Corinne Vigreux, Managing Director at TomTom. Here are the features that will be included in TomTom's Android app:
- World-class navigation - The latest, most accurate TomTom maps available – with no need for a mobile signal or data plan.
- Lifetime maps – Free updates that ensure access to the latest maps and fastest routes.
- IQ Routes - Arrival times that drivers can rely on – at all times of day.
- Advanced lane guidance – Gives drivers extra clarity when navigating difficult junctions.
- Spoken street names – Makes turnings even clearer.
- 2D / 3D driving view – The clearest display for the safest driving.
- TomTom HD Traffic – Available as an in-app purchase. It's the quickest way through traffic. Proven.
- TomTom Speed Cameras – Available as an in-app purchase. Save money and drive safely with real-time mobile and fixed camera alerts.