Samsung Gear S3 finally receiving One UI update at T-Mobile0
T-Mobile was one of the carriers that didn't offer the One UI update to Gear S3 owners. Thankfully, that's about to change, so if you own a T-Mobile Gear S3, you'll finally be able to update your smartwatch.
As per TmoNews' report, T-Mobile is now rolling out the One UI update to the Gear S3 frontier. It's not a big update (around 115MB), but it's quite important since it adds many new features and improvements.
One UI for Watch
- Check information on your watch at a quick glance. Updated graphics(motion, interface) delivers refreshed look.
- You can now download new designs of watch faces.
- Now supports additional pages to allow quick access to setting control.
- Setting menus have been updated for easier discovery. Daily briefing setting has been added for watch to be smarter. Additionally, Sleeping mode can now be turned on/off. Watch can now be set to wake up by touching the screen.
- Daily Activity feature added which shows user’s daily activity (Move, Workout, Hourly Activity).
- Usability improved by continuous syncing in between paired smartphone and watch. Watch also begins to track workout quicker.
- Setting to manage background apps have been added.
To download the update, you'll have to go Settings and tap on the Gear info option. You'll find out whether or not the One UI update is available for download after you click on the Update Gear software option.