The SanDisk iXpand Base backs up your Apple iPhone while charging the handset every night
Since Apple doesn't ship the iPhone with expandable storage, a cottage industry has popped up filled with third party solutions to this problem. There are flash drives and even cases that come with additional storage, to name a couple of accessories that can be purchased. Speaking of cases, last year SanDisk introduced its iXpand Memory Case that offered bumper style protection for the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6s along with bumps of 32GB, 64GB, or 128GB in storage capacity.
This year, SanDisk is adding another iXpand device for iPhone users, and this time it is called the iXpand Base. The unit plugs into a wall outlet and comes with a port for your USB-to-Lightning cable so that you can use it to charge your iPhone each evening (Apple iPhone 5 and up) through the Base. And while you're asleep (dreaming of the iPhone 8, no doubt), the iXpand Base will automatically back up new photos, videos and your contacts list.
Since most people charge their phone at night, using the iXpand Base is a natural thing to do. Apple iPhone users no longer have an excuse for not backing up new photos and videos daily. And SanDisk says that the product is available right now from retailers like Best Buy, Amazon and B&H Photo. The 32GB model is priced at $49.99, and the version with 64GB of storage will cost you $99.99. The unit carrying 128GB of storage has a price tag of $129.99, and for $199.99 you can purchase the iExpand Base with 256GB of extra storage.
Some of the features of the SanDisk iXpand Base include:
- Automatically back up your iPhone’s photos, videos and contacts every time you charge.
- Keep your photos and videos right on the iXpand Base at original quality with no worry about recurring monthly fees.
- Fast-charge with 15 watts of power.
- Designed for everyday use with a soft rubber top to hold your phone and a wrap-around groove to keep your cable tidy.
- Easily restore your backed up photos, videos and contacts to your iPhone.
- Works with your Apple Lightning to USB cable. Cable not included.
- Works with iPhone 5 or greater with Lightning connector and iOS 10+.
Watch the SanDisk iXpand Base in action by clicking on the video at the top of this story!
source: SanDisk, Amazon via BGR