Sprint subscribers, this bit of insider information is for you, guys. Thanks to a tip submitted by an anonymous friend of ours, we now know what markets the nation's third largest carriers will be blessing with LTE service next.
The speedy expansion of Sprint's LTE network continues with a total of 21 cities being added under the blanket on Friday, April 12. Those owning a Sprint LTE device – an LG Optimus G
, a Samsung Galaxy S III
, or a Samsung Galaxy Note II
, just to name a few, will be enjoying download speeds of 6 to 8Mbps with peaks of up to 25Mbps.
Here's the list of markets where Sprint will be offering LTE service as of April 12:
- California: Los Angeles, Contra Costa County
- Florida: Palm Bay, Port St. Lucie, West Palm Beach
- Indiana: Bloomington and Lafayette
- Illinois: Rochelle
- Minnesota: Mankato-North Mankato
- Missouri: Joplin
- North Carolina: Charlotte, Shelby, Albemarle, Sailsbury, Lincolnton
- Tennessee: Memphis, Greenville, Tullahoma
- Texas: Denison, Kerrville
- Virginia: Norfolk-Virginia Beach-Newport News
New LTE markets for Sprint
Thanks for the tip!