Back during the dog days of August, OnePlus announced that for the OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T, Android 8.0 will be the last major OS update that they will receive
. Thanks to OnePlus' Open Beta program, a beta version of Android 8.0 is now available for the two aforementioned models. There are some known issues with this build, not surprising considering its beta status, and not all of the features will be running smoothly, or even running at all.
First things first. The official changelog for the beta includes the September Android security patch along with the following:
- Update to Android O (8.0)
- Added Picture in Picture
- Added Auto-fill
- Added Smart text selection
- New Quick Settings design
- Updated security patch to September
On the launcher, notification dots have been added and you can now upload photos directly to Shot on OnePlus.
Known issues of the update include:
- Fingerprint unlock may be a bit slow in some situations
- Shortcut to access Google Photos is unavailable
- Stability of NFC and Bluetooth need to be improved
- Performance and compatibility of 3rd party apps will be optimized continuously
- Complete device tree will be released after a week
The Android 8.0 beta for the OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T weighs in at 869MB. To install the beta, and for instructions on how to do so, simply click on the sourcelink.
OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T users can install a beta version of Android 8.0
source: OnePlus via AndroidCentral