Nokia announces E90 Communicator
It wasn't really the best-kept secret, but the E90 is now officially announced as the successor for the 9500 Communicator phone. The new device has side-opening clamshell with large QWERTY keyboard and 4”, 800x352 pixels display on the inside, allowing full screen browsing without the need of scrolling.
On the front, it the standard numeric keypad with soft keys and QVGA display similar to those in other Nokia S60 phones.
The new E90 is quad-band GSM with EDGE, with HSDPA high-speed data support. In addition to all this, it features built-in GPS receiver and will come with the last week announced Nokia Maps software.
Features of the Nokia E90 Communicator phone include:
- Quad-band GSM 850/900/1800/1900 with EDGE
- UMTS/HSDPA support (there is no information if it is EU band only or also supports US frequencies for 3G)
- Dimensions: 5.2x2.24x0.78 inches (132x57x20mm) at 7.4 oz (210grams)
- QVGA external display; 800x352 internal display, both 16mln colors
- 3.2-megapixel camera
- miniUSB 2.0, Bluetooth 2.0, WiFi
- FM radio