Niantic announces important Raid Battles changes for Pokemon GO
Furthermore, Niantic confirmed that Pokemon GO players won't need to manually download the update and that these changes should not impact the gameplay in any way. You can find below all the changes that affect EX Raid Battles after the update:
- EX Raid Battles will take place most commonly at Gyms found in parks and sponsored locations.
- Trainers with a high-level Gym Badge are more likely to be invited to EX Raid Battles taking place at that Gym.
- Trainers who have completed a larger number of Raid Battles are more likely to be invited to EX Raid Battles.
- EX Raid Battle start times now take into account popular Raid Battle times at that Gym.
- Trainers invited to EX Raid Battles will receive an in-game notification if the EX Raid Battle is canceled.
- Trainers will receive Stardust and Premium Raid Passes when an EX Raid Battle is canceled.
The update also contains important changes to Standard Raid Battles, such as the ability to receive Golden Razz Berries for completing them, as well as Stardust for each participation in a Raid Battle (regardless of the outcome).
Moreover, the numbers of Potions and Revives awarded to players for completing a Raid Battle has been slightly decreased, but the quality was increased. Magikarp now returns to Tier 1 Raid Battles and the likelihood of receiving Fast and Charge Technical Machines whenever you finish a Tier 3 or higher Raid Battle has increased.