LG Optimus 2X getting updated to Android 4.0, but only in Korea
put a Q3 deadline on the update for the LG Optimus 2X which means that LG still has until the end of September to meet its original deadline. And while LG's tweet does indicate that the update is coming to the phone, the message refers to Korean units only. Still, the idea that the LG Optimus 2X will be getting Ice Cream Sandwich somewhere in the world has to give owners of the model elsewhere some hope that Android 4.0 will be coming to their device.
As far as the T-Mobile G2X is concerned, there is no indication that any change has been decided on and it would appear that the Stateside version of the LG Optimus 2X has finished its life with Android 2.3.4.
source: LG (in Korean) via GSMArena
- Display 4.0" 480 x 800 pixels
- Camera 8 MP / 1.3 MP front
- Processor NVIDIA Tegra 250 T20 (Harmony), Dual-core, 1000 MHz
- Storage 8 GB + microSDHC
- Battery 1500 mAh(7.83h talk time)
Posts: 149; Member since: Nov 21, 2011
posted on Aug 13, 2012, 12:22 PM 0
Posts: 15; Member since: Jun 28, 2012
posted on Aug 14, 2012, 12:45 PM 0
Posts: 1; Member since: Aug 13, 2012
posted on Aug 13, 2012, 3:27 PM 0
posted on Aug 15, 2012, 11:27 AM 0
Posts: 47; Member since: Aug 29, 2012
posted on Sep 16, 2012, 2:35 PM 1
PhoneArena Comments Rules
A discussion is a place, where people can voice their opinion, no matter if it is positive, neutral or negative. However, when posting, one must stay true to the topic, and not just share some random thoughts, which are not directly related to the matter.
Things that are NOT allowed:
- Off-topic talk - you must stick to the subject of discussion
- Trolling - see a description
- Flame wars
- Offensive, hate speech - if you want to say something, say it politely
- Spam/Advertisements - these posts are deleted
- Multiple accounts - one person can have only one account
- Impersonations and offensive nicknames - these accounts get banned
Moderation is done by humans. We try to be as objective as possible and moderate with zero bias. If you think a post should be moderated - please, report it.
Have a question about the rules or why you have been moderated/limited/banned? Please, contact us.
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):