Samsung SCH-R350 Freeform User Reviews

Text input6.8/10

Allie Buttwrong Fatbutt
posted on 06 Jul 2011, 21:06

Better Than The Imprint Atleast

Allie Buttwrong Fatbutt has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

i had this phone for 1 year and 9 days and still have almost no complains with it. its not complicated to use and confusing.. the qwerty keyboard was very easy to get used to.. trust me, i didnt get used to the keyboard at first but in the first 2 weeks constantly texting, i got used to it. i really like this phone and really would recommend it!

Pros

• QWERTY Keyboard
  • Good 1.3 megapixel camera
  • Good Battery Life
  • Good Audio Recorder
  • Extended Memory
  • Easy To Use
  • Good Call Quality
  • Loud Speaker
  • 3.5 headphone jack

Cons

• cramped qwerty keyboard
  • camera error sometimes
  • Pretty Slow Internet

RedWings_ninety_one
posted on 31 Mar 2011, 12:03

Alright, but not with Net10

RedWings_ninety_one has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I think that I got a little less than I bargained for. Most of my problems lie with Net10, but some of them have to do with the phone.

Internet: It is a CDMA phone, which means that I was unable to access the internet in my area due to the local cell towers.

Battery: Lasts the longest on 5 bars, next on 4 bars, 3 bars pretty much means that you have one hour left, and one bar basically tells you that you have 5 minutes before you get a warning for low battery.

MP3: Haven't been able to try that yet because I don't have a micro-SD card.

Texting: Pretty good, if you have smaller fingers. Thanks to Net10, sometimes it will read "Message failed"...if you get a text while trying to send one, the one you are sending will not send and it will take 30 seconds longer than it should to exit that screen.

Net10: Foreign support staff..barely understandable. I had a great number that I absolutely loved because the last 4 digits were 0006. My phone randomly restarted and I could no longer use any of the features like texting or calling. Net10 told me, "Your number belongs to Alltel and we no longer support Alltel, so you can no longer have your number." It was a major inconvenience to me who had to tell everyone my new number, and an inconvenience to all those who were trying to reach me in that time perion/had to change my number in their contacts. I will be switching phones and providers.

Pros

• Good when everything works right.

Cons

• Net10
  • Texting is sometimes unreliable
  • Internet is not available in all advertised areas.

Mark_S
posted on 25 Mar 2011, 11:02

Freeform

Mark_S has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

This phone does the job it was intended to do. I do not understand all the negative reviews. I have no had half the problems everyone else seems to whine and moan about.
I use it for texting and have not had an issue with cramped keys.
Call quality is very good.
Reception is fine.
Battery life is average. (Turn down bright screens)
Display is decent.(It's not an AMOLED)

Pros

• Form-factor, texting

Cons

• Slow UI

ronald bernes
posted on 02 Jan 2011, 10:44

samsung sch-r350 freeform

ronald bernes has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This is my second samsung phone and this phone is the better then the previous one. I love everything about this phone. the only bad thing i have to say about this phone is that there is some ring tones that i have downloaded and some are very quiet. thanks samsung for making such great phones!!!!!

Pros

• Good Reception

Cons

• Some but not all of the downloaded ringtones are to quiet but the ones installed on the phone are fine

ronald bernes alternatives:

Darrio
posted on 19 Dec 2010, 14:04

Oh NO NO NO...

Darrio has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

This phone is the worst phone I ever gotten in my LIFE. Especially that MetroPCS carried it. This phone did alot of things exception of downloading Ringtones and Pictures Off the internet. I thought this phone can do alot of things, instead it came out to be the worst of things. SAMSUNG could Had made this a prototype because the only thing that is good is the QWERTY.

Build quality 4/10 I dropped it and It got a big dent and I dropped it on carpet not concrete wth
Reception 2/10 Uhh, no .. Hello hello hello , NO NO NO . Metro, this didn't work for me.
Call quality 8/10 When Im in a call the service is okay. But if Im online, then BOOM BOOM POW
Internet 3/10 Can't DOWNLOAD ANYTHING but a Small Ringtone
Multimedia 9/10 Music LOVE, Picture LOVE, that's it.
Camera 5/10 .. POOR.
UI speed 6/10 -__-
Everyday usage 10/10 Yeah , I used.
Text input 6/10 Small.
Display 3/10 Smaller.
Battery 7/10 Smallest Capacity.

Pros

• MP3/SD Card Support
  • GPS Navigation

Cons

• Small Web
  • No 3G
  • Can't download Wallpapers
  • Calling People Is gay
  • Stank
  • Poor
  • Poor Price
  • I want my money back
  • The Mirror in the back sucks
  • IM FORRREAL

dudeguy101
posted on 22 Nov 2010, 20:54

wort phone ever

dudeguy101 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

have had this phone for a while and its crappy it drops calls it dosnt let you text it says you text som1 and wont let you and also the other way around it turns itself off whenever it wants to during anything that you do the buttons are to small sometime you push a button and another button appears the phone is very fragile its a cheap peice of crap it hasnt worked right since the day i left the store wish i could get a new one like the lg bliss haha but im stuck with this one i wish my parents would get me a knew one they dont know how this phone dropps almost every call texting is difficult parents have a heart gt your kids a knew phone this one is horrible has no video either theres no good features for this phone at all

Pros

• nothing at all

Cons

• everything about this phone is a con

judy
posted on 20 Nov 2010, 20:00

none

judy has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I hate the way it shuts off constantly and you have to constantly unlock it.. Main complaint is that you can't ' mark multiple pictures' to send at one time. Only can send one at a time. This is how they get you on buying the memory card. euk.
Phone is too wide to hold and keyboard too small. don't really like it much do i?

phat rob
posted on 24 Oct 2010, 06:57

Super deal for the price

phat rob has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I got the phone for 50.00 dollars at metro because it was on sale. You can't beat the price. I works really great so far.

Build quality 10/10 Made solid, functions great
Reception 9/10 Let's face it, All cell phones drop out now and then. This phone can hang with the best of them.
Call quality 9/10 Sounds great
Internet 9/10 Good
Multimedia 5/10 No video
Camera 7/10 Only 1.3
Everyday usage 10/10 Perfect for what is, a messenger phone.
Text input 10/10 Really good, No frills. I had a touch screen and it was not accurate.
Display 8/10 Could be larger
Battery 10/10 Cool, workable

Pros

• It's really a good phone, Made well.

Cons

• I would like ti see a video camera and a larger. The screen is a good size, but I would like to see larger.

nolan
posted on 12 Sep 2010, 22:52

its ok....

I CANT STAND HOW THERE IS NO = SIGN ON THE KEY BOARD and my p and alt button  are sticking and sometime my texts send eachother back to me but somethings i like is its ten times better than a flip phone and u dont have to deal with t9word!

MaryTheBerry
posted on 12 Sep 2010, 22:23

Decent Enough.

One thing they tell you at the store is not to use funformobile.com and the reason was that Samsung is a virus sensitive phone, which is probably why the reviewer's phone before me kept freezing. They tell you that when you first get the phone, or when you get the Metro service. Also. I'm not entirely positive about whether or not it gives you the option for video that's what I'm trying to do, now. Other than that, it is an awesome phone with a price ranging from $80-$120, it's at a beyond reasonable price, and it works well. The web service isn't entirely too fast, but it's good enough, and it comes with a free step-by-step navigator that leads you from street to street, and recalculates the route automatically if you make a wrong turn. The buttons are small, but it's easy to adjust to them, and on top of that, you can work with it easilly. The manual comes in English, and Spanish, and on top of that, the screen is pretty big.

Pros

• Web Enabled
  • Large Screen
  • Navigator
  • Qwerty Keyboard

Cons

• Doesn't Capture Video
  • Can't Download Video(Still, Not Positive About That, Yet.)

posted on 09 Sep 2010, 00:56

Not to Bad

I was thinking of getting a Blackberry and after pricing them I happen to stop by Metro PCS and saw the the Freeform. It looked like a blackberry and was compatible for what I needed. The price was 79.99 and came with the mini sd card. I had it lying on my desk and a friend happen to walk by and thought I bought a Blackberry. I have the $50 dollar plan and its working okay. Sometimes I don't that many bars in some places but when I do great reception.

Pros

• Good if you can afford a Blackberry

Cons

• 160 characters, no video, sometime no bars.

Link
posted on 26 Aug 2010, 17:58

I just got this phone but so far i love it! The proce is great and it fits perfectly in your hand some people think that the keys are two cramped and small but there not you get used to it in like 5 seconds!Na dyou can see the whole conversation in one thing. The camera is great And so is the service!

Pros

• Lots

Cons

• Screen is easily scratched but you can by protectors for it

DD
posted on 07 Aug 2010, 13:46

GARBAGE

This phone is a piece of ***!!!!!!It keeps turning off by itself if you want to open up something such as ur ringtones or stopwatch.DO NOT GET THIS GARBAGE!!!!!!!I returned to metro to get another one and that one had the same problem with freezing and turning offThe keys are way 2 smallAbout 5 days after I bought the phone, I wanted to capture a pic of something (I dnt remember wat it was) and the camera said "Camera Error"The phone is SO UGLYThe picture quality is just TERRIBLEAnd the only site to dowload ringtones is funformobile (witch has like no available ringtones)My old phone (MOTO ROKR) could do way more stuff than this waste of moneyDO NOT BUY IT

Pros

• NONE

Cons

• EVERYTHING

Olga
posted on 05 Aug 2010, 11:57

Smart phone look without the price

I received this phone as a birthday present. The day of my birthday, my dad brought me to the Alltel store. He simply said "Choose one!" and I complied directly. :D There was one catch -- I couldn't choose a smart phone.  There were other phones in the store like the Samsung Doubletake and LG Banter, but I wasn't looking for a slider. The Freeform just had that smartphone look to it... without the price (and phone bills later on). The store didn't have any Freeforms in the Wine color (that I liked), so I had to wait a few weeks.*And wait I did. When I first got my hands on the Freeform, I was in love. Yes, the keypad was/still is a little small.... but if you're a girl, and especially if you have fingernails, texting on the Freeform was easy as ABC. If you're a guy, especially with big hands, I don't reccomend this phone to you!*1.3 MP... not at all the best picture quality for phones these days... and no video capture! That was pretty much the biggest bummer I had with this phone. BUT -- the e-mail and GPS apps are very nice, if you don't mind paying a little extra every month. Oh, and web access with Alltel stinks on this phone. The MP3 player was very nice -- I really don't need my iPod anymore -- this baby stores up to a 16G microSD card! The Freeform also had all the little essentials -- Alarm clock, calendar, memo pad... etc. Those were very handy! The Freeform only froze up/shut down on me one time.*All in all -- the Samsung Freeform is a very nice phone for teens/young...

Pros

• Full QWERTY keyboard, MP3 Player (plus storage up to 16G), Camera, E-mail and GPS Capable. Smartphone look without the price.

Cons

• Keyboard was a bit cramped, but you get used to it. No video capture. Web access/use sucks. No content downloads (as with all Alltel phones).

tlc0329
posted on 02 Aug 2010, 18:57

Insane Synching on this phone

Samsung really is the worst when it comes to data handling.  They had provided a progarm "New PC Studio (NPS)" to manage your phonebook, schedule, media, etc. and says it can read .csv, .mdb, files WHEN IT CANNOT.  I was using a Palm Centro before and converted the contact to .csv so the NPS can read it but it cannot.  How can they even put it in the "help" that it can read .csv and .mdb but cannot!  so I have to patiently convert each contact of mine to a .Vcf so that their SMART NPS can read the file.  Only to find out that only the first name, 1 mobile phone number, 1 office phone number and so on... can be synch to the phone and the rest of the data... I have to do manually on the phone.  WHAT'S THE NPS AND SYNCHING FOR!!!!. This is more of a cheap mp3 player that can make a call.

Pros

• This phone is for yuppies. Good at handling media and phone calls.

Cons

• Worst PDA and not transfer friendly.

Francisco
posted on 29 Jul 2010, 02:35

luv it!!!!

This is the best phone ever!!!!!......I've paid hundreds in the past and no other phone has given me the results that the Freeform has given me.  It has everything I need and more. Of course the lack of flash and video are a downer but the music player, texting, custom ringtones, navigation, web, IM etc. etc. make up for that little flaw. Everyone should get one of these....everyone who's sick of overpaying those big cell phone companies that is. Thank you samsung for creating this great device=)

Pros

• Texting, musci player, navigation, web, IM, custom ringtones, signal strenght, battery life.....

Cons

• Camera quality, no flash, no video=(

metrouser
posted on 06 Jun 2010, 19:36

KeyPad is uncomfortable

This phone is Great mostly for texting for some,but for me keypad dialing is too small and sometimes need to be pressed harder several times. Call quality is not stable for some reason. I can start conversation very clear and in the few minutes having echo and wobbly sounds. Speakerphone is not as clear. I'm still using this one, but looking for better ones with sounds call quality and easier to operate keypads.

Pros

• Better talk time battery and stand by as well. Has a lot of features. Good size Display.

Cons

• Unreliable and poor call quality sound, and hard to use keypad (too small and too hard to use). Internet download Web is too slow.

An'Darrio Abrams
posted on 11 May 2010, 14:56

I enjoyed this phone!

Great Phone, love it ! Using  this phone is easier then the other phones. I swiched my RUMOR(1) to this phone and I actually like It.
The internet is fast but some of the quality is not good. The Camera looks like it needs more experience before using it. Also sometimes the camera might act up , but It still takes good photos :)
Calls never drop, but the signal might switch to automatic because of the TravelTalk service.

I actually love this phone.
Keep it up MetroPCS

Pros

• 1.3 Mega
  • QWERTY keyboard
  • Internet is on it's basic
  • Music Player
  • 50 MB and 16 GB Memory Card
  • Saves up to 600 Text messages

Cons

• Sending photo's take forever
  • Downloading Content takes forever
  • Automatically Switching to ROAM when I have signal
  • Camera Error (Turn Off Phone)
  • Shutsdown Frequently
  • Internet WAP is losing design (Facebook doesn't show much color)
  • Music Player can't play on it's on

brittany s.d.
posted on 09 May 2010, 11:51

AMAZING!!!!

TO START OFF: ***this phone has unlimited texting, calls, etc.***
every single person that has seen my phone has asked if it was a blackberry. its wonderful how it looks like one though! i've never actually had a blackberry, but this phone is most likely better than one. the features are amazing.

Texting:
texting is GREAT!!!! you can set a signature for your texts. the keys appear small, but trust me they are not. i have fat fingers and even i can text perfectly on them.

Appearance:
the sleek design is great. the screen is great! its big compared to most bar phones. you can change the brightness of the screen which i like.

Camera:
the camera is very nice in my opinion. it has frames, you can set it to black&white, sepia, negative, etc. the only thing i dislike about the camera is the amount of megapixels. i was a little disappointed because it is only 1.3 mp and taking pictures in the dark would not be a good idea. but overall, the camera is really good. you can set a picture you take as your background which i absolutely LOVE!!!!

Contacts:
you're able to have up to 1,000 contacts.

Calls:
the call quality is pretty good to me. you can change the loudness of the sound coming out. the speakerphone is really good too.

Overall, this phone is the best phone i've ever had. i would DEFINETELY reccommend it to anyone who loves texting, and is looking for a cooperative, great phone.

Pros

Cons

• only 1.3 megapixels

kikita
posted on 30 Apr 2010, 22:01

Samsung SCH-E350

I don't know why people give this phone good reviews. It is the worst phone i have ever had. I have another phones that costed me less than this one, very simple and it has bars in all areas of my house. But this one doesn't get a good signal any where. The number of dropped calls i get is unbelievable and anoying.

leighton
posted on 29 Apr 2010, 19:53

amazing phone!

okay so ive had my freeform for about 7 months and its just been amazing to be honest i rather have this then a blackberry!! im 13 almost 14 so we all know teenagers love to text and they usually tend to throw their phones well i love to text and its so easy to do so i love this phone so much ive thrown this phone and dropped it in puddles and amazingly it didnt do anything to it .though i do suggest a case for it because the shell of the phone attracts finger prints really easily so thats one con and the last con is that it dousnt have video but over all this is the greatest phone ive ever had .its fast and it has great aps . the web is awesome on this phone and its really fast i recommend this to anyone who loves to talk and loves to text .i got this phone when it first came out and i got it for 119 and now its 79 dollars .to be honest im glad i didnt wait i would have paid 200 for this phone if i had to and im so glad i got this phone the memory is fantastic i have over 80 ringtones and over 200 pictures without a memory card also the buttons are small but its actually REALLY easy to text on .for its apps it has web, 411,metro navigator,pocket express,loopt,metrobackup,mobile I.M,mail @metro,my metro,@metro,and the menu! on the menu it has web,calls,contacts,calander,@metro,messages,settings,tools, and multimedia this phone features alot of cool stuff it has and amazing picture quality by the way : ] who ever is thinking of buying the phone i definately recomend it! i give...

Pros

• picture quality, menu, apps, mostley everything

Cons

• no video, shell of the phone is very slick and likes fingerprints lol

Robin
posted on 03 Apr 2010, 20:51

Great phone, better price

I just switched to this phone from an LG Rythym.   I absolutely love it. I've had no problems thus far, however i dearly miss recording and sending videos of my lil boy to my family!!  Other than that, I've adapted to the keyboard quickly and the battery life of this phone is much better than some other samsungs i've owned.  LG is the best battery life and loudest phone, but I've been throughly pleased with this Samsung product.

Pros

• everything.

Cons

• No video recording or sending.

Casey
posted on 19 Mar 2010, 17:44

Love It!!

Love this phone!!  Only 2 SMALL complaints I have are:1.  The Speaker volume could be louder2.  When you save a picture you've taken...to review it, it is really small.But other than that, great phone!!  Easy to text, easy to use all together.  Also LOVE the feature of voice command.  Makes calling easier when busy.

Pros

• Easy to use, like the raised buttons...all together a great phone

Cons

• Just 2 and not major ones, Speaker phone volume could be louder and the pictures you take, once saved, and you review...they are small and can't zoom in.

posted on 19 Mar 2010, 17:15

NICE PHONE!!!!!!!!!!

The freeform is a nice phone, i prefer a iphone but it had a great deal; only 80 bucks for this phone...its worth it. I have a couple of negative comments about the phone like no video making,downloading, seeing videos on the internet, i can't download pictures from most sites, a 160 texting character limit; past that i like the phone. The phone has a nice design the keyboard is a bit small but it works for me. The phone has awesome apps a GPS, IM,and many others. I liked the phone for the mp3 and a micro sd insert, it has a converter, a calculator, stop watch, blue tooth ability, voice commands, world time,calendar, and an okay camera. The freeforms screen is wide and nice, it suits the phones size. The phone doesnt weigh much and it has a nice size. Overall its a good deal for 80 bucks, better than some phones but it could use improving.

Pros

• MP3 GPS CALENDER IM APP MICRO.. SD CARD INSERT..STOP WATCH ANDCONVERTER

Cons

• NOTHING TO DO WITH VIDEOS 160 TEXTING CHARACTER LIMIT NO DOWNLOADING PICS FROM MOST SITES

Rcobar
posted on 14 Mar 2010, 04:22

For $79 is not a bad deal.  I had better experience with LG Dare but this is ok for emails, instant messages and GPS navigation.  The keypad is so small, so hard to dial at night and when you're in movement.  Camera issues, sometimes I cannot get the camera to work because a sofware bug.  Samsung doesn't have any solution yet.

Pros

• GPS navigation feature, email feature, size and battery life

Cons

• small keypad, camera issues (sometimes I have to restart the phone to use the camera), bad picture quality, sync software sucks, incompatible with outlook (no last name field), bad signal with MetroPCS network