BlackBerry 7100i User Reviews

kevin
posted on 19 Mar 2008, 13:49

5.6

watch out for nextel 7100i

phones is good, battery is okay for these type of phone.
IF YOU EVER OR EVEN PLANNING TO TEXT MESSEGE FOR GET IT THIS PHONE IS SUCKS YOU CAN'T EVEN TEXT MESSEGE. HOW CAN THEY EVEN SAY THIS PHONE CAN TEXT (SMS) WHEN IT CAN'T EVEN DO THAT!

DeeDee
posted on 14 Feb 2007, 22:18

I own this phone

I have this phone and I like it so far. I just have trouble finding my text messages. I am no computer geru, but it's fun finding out how this phone works. It caused attention because it also walkie talkies but it could use a camera though...

nexteluser
posted on 07 Sep 2006, 01:26

RE: Nextel's Blackberry 7100 - I love it!

Sean,
Try Nextel's NextMail feature (PTT-to-email). It's great for leaving notes to yourself or anyone else in the world with an email address. Locate the person/mailbox in your contact list, press PTT button, speak into the phone, release PTT. Within 5-10 seconds an email arrives with either a link to the message on the NextMail server, or you can set up the recipient to receive an MP3 file attached to the email they receive. Recipient listens to the audio clip of your voice and can text a reply back to your phone (no charge for the text replies). Furthermore, since it's an email, you can overwrite the subject line to be a meaningful reminder, and also set a regular Outlook reminder/flag-for-followup. I am grandfathered in at $5/mo (took advantage of their introductory offer 2+ yrs ago) but I believe it's now $7.50/mo. I can't live without it, and I can't believe Nextel hasn't marketed it at all - it's a winner and a great differentiator over the other carriers.

Juggolow22
posted on 02 Jul 2006, 23:25

Its Iight

iight people this phone is good ive been messing around with blackberrys but it needs a camera they always forget to ut a dam camera but thats it

Sean
posted on 01 Jul 2006, 12:24

Nextel's Blackberry 7100 - I love it!

I have owned the blackberry for a few months now and I am very happy with the handset. I used to work in the wireless industry for a while so I have used multiple handsets and having different demo lines at my disposal, I have seen many different kinds of handsets and normally don't go gogo-gaga over any of them. This blackberry is a definite exeception! At first the "plasticy feel" gave me some consern but it has held up well and shows no signs of being fragile as I first thought.

As with all phones, I wish the ringer volume was better but that is a slanted wish as I drive a convertable and all phones are hard to hear the ringer with the top down!

The phone is multi-featured to say the least. The PDA-web-phone integration is very, very good. The bluetooth feature is a bit plus and helps the phone completely. I wish upgrades will allow to synch up the phone to the computer via bluetooth. It might but I have not gotten it to do so yet. As with all Nextel phones I have used the battery life is not good when compaired with any other carrier's units. With the standard battery I have, max of 2 days is all I have seen.

As happy as I am with the total package, I do have a couple of wishes it were there thing!
1- voice dialing, with as many contacts as you can put into this device, voice dialing would had been nice to have.
2- voice recorder, again with all the features it has, being able to take couple of voice notes while out and about would be nice.
3- camera,...

1stSgt J D Campbell
posted on 04 Jan 2006, 10:46

4.8

1stSgt of Marines

THe typing feature leaves a lot to be desired and entails too much in order to accomplish a text of any length. The older style of entry and keyboard allot a much easier text entry system.