PCD Shuttle User Reviews

posted on 18 Jul 2009, 16:40

phones good
fast in 3g
slow when not
i like the ability to turn the touch keys sensitivity up and down
nice sturdy slider

Pros

• 3g
  • slider is sturdy

Cons

• speaker kinda weak
  • no bluetooth object exchange
  • side buttons fail easily

bella
posted on 13 Apr 2009, 20:24

Impressive!

I really, really like this phone! its the best that VM has had so far (w/o helio) and the features are really fun! i like the video as well, bcuz it turns out well, and the SIM card is really convenient!

ness
posted on 11 Feb 2009, 19:06

An ok phone

I really like the shuttle, it's a convenient phone for those of us who can't be around a computer daily, and travel alot, with the google maps options, or even just the web capability to look up info. The music and video on this phone is really awesome, I like how you can put this in play mode, and hide it, so you can continue to scroll through contacts and menus while listening to more music. The card has me sold, I love the convenience of the the microsd port right in the front, it makes it easier to switch out which cards I have in there, for different genres. One of things that really bothered me, was the restore settings reset it does, randomly, when you go into any Java app. Also, I'll have the phone locked, in my pocket, and it somehow manages to unlock itself, without sliding, and calls people so that I end up hearing voices screaming from my pocket. All in all, the past three phones, all had the music option, with MP3's and videos, with the exception of the WildCard, which intrigued me with the full keyboard...which this phone lacks. Really looking forward to the Helio Ocean 2 coming out soon for VM. =)

Jason H
posted on 09 Jan 2009, 06:41

Great VM phone!

Well, I've had this phone for about a month so figured I can now share my thoughts about it.  I've been a Virgin Mobile customer for about 5 years now and have to say by far this is the best phone they have offered.
So far, I love this phone!  The design is pretty cool, it's sleek, fits easily in your hand.  The slider opens very easily with no effort.  My main complaint would be with the touch keys on the front.  Sometimes they can be a little too sensitive, and I've got mine set to one of the lower sensitivity settings.  But it's just more of an annoyance than anything, nothing major.
As for performance, can't complain here.  Gets good reception in most places.  Call quality is good, I can hear the other callers perfectly well.  I haven't played with the speakerphone yet so can't really speak on that.  I was kind of bummed though to find that I still can't get reception in my cube at work.  Apparently, my cube locale must be a dead zone cause I can go a couple of rows down or into the meeting rooms and get perfect reception... oh well.
It did freeze up on me about a week ago; I had to take the battery out to turn it off.  I took it out of the holder late that evening and the back was extremely hot and it wouldn't do anything; was completely frozen.  Apparently, it had been like that for several hours; when I turned it on the next day, I had several txt messages from the previous day going back to the early...

Pros

• Sleek design
  • 3G
  • Good camera and video quality
  • Good amount of features

Cons

• Wish it had a full HTML browser
  • Touch keys can be a little too sensitive

W.E.Cole
posted on 04 Dec 2008, 22:06

First impression of my new Virgin Mobile Shuttle

Just got my Shuttle a few days ago and have a few first impressions to share.
 The over-all physical design of the phone is fairly slick, although I find the flat keypad buttons annoying because I have large fingers and find it difficult to dial by touch like I did on my old phone - I have to look at the keys on this one. On the other hand, I like that the touchpad keys are lighted, so they are easy to see in dim light. The four touch sensive buttons are a nice feature, also.
 The phone is charged through a (proprietary?) combo data/power port. I don't like the flimsy plastic piece that covers this port when not in use (to keep dust/moisture out of the unit) because I can see it getting torn off easily. Speaking of this port - from what I've been able to determine from 3 days of searching the internet, there doesn't seem to be any kind of data cable for it. It would seem that the "data" function of this port is just used for programming the phone during production, which seems like a tragic waste to me - being able to sync my phone with my PC for contacts, music, videos, etc would have increased the value of this device considerablly.
 The video quality is pretty good as far as resolution goes, but I've noticed videos getting out of sync with the audio from time to time. This is most noticable if there is a lot of movement in the video, such as a closeup of a person waving their arms. (I'll have to experiment...

Pros

• Stylish physical design
  • Color video display
  • Touch sensitive controls
  • Can use micro SD card for music, video and picture storage
  • Programable voice commands
  • Large address book (500 contacts)
  • Fair battery life

Cons

• Can't use built-in data port
  • Can't import games from micro SD card
  • Video suffers some lag issues
  • Keypad design ackward

posted on 27 Nov 2008, 21:54

awesome phone. plays mp3, videos, surfs web, email, buddy beacon,. also has a great picture and video camera.

Pros

• everything anyone could need from a phone

Cons

• cant watch youtube