Motorola EX124G User Reviews

Everyday usage5.8/10
UI speed5.3/10
Camera6.8/10

santigoldlove
posted on 17 Aug 2013, 08:27 (Posts: 0; Member since: 17 Aug 2013)

Never Again.

santigoldlove has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

Possibly one of the worst touchscreens on the market, or phone in general for that matter. The 'smartphone' is really not even a good way to describe it. The speakers are terrible, using headphones ends up being useless, and it's hard to do anything after you cut your nails. The radio hardly ever works, when it does the reception is complete crap. I would not suggest buying this phone at all, as it is plain terrible. If you are "Trying out touchscreens" this one is not for you, as it's pressure sensitive and over the years dark marks show up on the screen. Spend the money on a better phone that is actually a smartphone.

Build quality 4/10 It's alright, but thick and the phone back is hard to remove
Reception 2/10 I do not get service in Atlanta or my home near Atlanta, but I do get service when I'm out in the country. (For some reason)
Call quality 7/10 When the service is available, the call quality is alright
Internet 2/10 It gets internet, but it can take ages to load and it glitches extremely often
Multimedia 2/10 I have old videos I recorded to watch, that's it. You can't download movies or shows. You can't even get on YouTube
Camera 3/10 The camera's fine, but don't expect to be able to do anything once you get your pictures
UI speed 2/10 Sloooow
Everyday usage 3/10 It's alright if you like calling people, but the texting messes up a lot and it's not like you can check your e-mail unless you have 30 minutes of spare time
Text input 4/10 It's pressure sensitive, which means you have to jam your finger onto it. The worst part is that if you cut your nails it's next to impossible to text
Display 5/10 It's nothing to brag about, but it's not terrible
Battery 9/10 Battery life is the best part about this phone, but considering this phone is so thick I'd hope the battery lasted the day

Pros

• Calling

Malik
posted on 05 Feb 2013, 14:42 (Posts: 0; Member since: 05 Feb 2013)

i want this phone so bad

Malik has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

i want it so bad and i look up on the internet to get it for free and i am 11yrs old and i want it so bad i want you motorola ex124g so would you give it to me for free or do it cost money cause it looks so cool and i just want it so badly.

Call quality 10/10 because i want the phone so bad i know its going to be a good phone

Pros

• price 0.00$

Cons

• everythings good

diegovega
posted on 28 Feb 2012, 11:42 (Posts: 0; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)

Awsome phone for the money

diegovega has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I have had a couple glitches with it, but overall it is a good phone for the money. Over the years I have had at least 11 phones with 5 different carriers and with the exception of my palm treo this has been my favorite. the last 3 phones have been with tracphone, and I am very happy with this one. The 3MP camera takes pictures capable of being a desktop wallpaper (a small amount of pixelization). I don't understand how a cheap priced phone with such a good camera and good call quality can get such a bad wrap. I love my phone and I love my tracfone service. considering less than $100 for the phone and for my usage comes up to about $150 per YEAR! even if I replace my phone every year it still only costs me about $20 per month and I don't have to bother with billing every month and idiot reps that "NEVER stop working for you" up till 6pm.

I have let other people try this phone and they all end up wanting one but I guess that tracfone stopped selling it and thier partner company net 10 now carries it. When this phone does end up bitting the dust I may just have to go over to net10.

Build quality 4/10 easly to scratch screen.
Reception 8/10 as good as the carrier can get
Call quality 8/10 not the best but I have never had a problem with ot
Internet 2/10 there if you have to have it but eats the minutes to fast to be worthwhile
Multimedia 6/10 has mp3 that is easy to use, the fm radio is kinda cool but bad reception
Camera 10/10 beautiful pics, way way better than my ipod touch 4th gen
UI speed 5/10 have no idea what ui is so i put it in the middle
Everyday usage 8/10 more difficult than an iphone but you cant get an iphone on tracfone's service either
Text input 4/10 hard to do with out the styleous but not impossible.
Display 5/10 perfect for the cheap price
Battery 9/10 good long battery life.

Pros

• price
  • free java apps avalible
  • wonderful camera
  • light and small

Cons

• cheaply built
  • browser button location
  • not very customizable

ronaldleerussell
posted on 05 Dec 2011, 19:08 (Posts: 0; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)

ronaldleerussell

ronaldleerussell has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

hated every thing about it. every thing about it is hard to use (couldnt spell inconvenient) ever time i used it i would manage to touch the browse icon. replaced the ex124g today with a LG420G, could not find another motorola W376G.

Pros

• absolute none

Cons

• hated everything about it