LG Voyager User Reviews

UI speed3.5/10
Camera8.5/10
Internet3.5/10

LordJeff
posted on 29 Feb 2012, 03:03 (Posts: 0; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)

Do not want.

LordJeff has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

When I say I had it more than a year. I had this model. The actual phone had to be replaced so many times I ran out of warranties. I only dropped it once or twice, each time landing on carpet, and took as best of care of it as I could. A few of the times that I asked for a replacement the phone was maulfunctioning before I even sent my first call/text. Examples being missing buttons, touch-screen refusing to calibrate, phone turning off at random intervals. Probably the worst part however, is it's tendancy to freeze, shut off, not charge, have the sharging port become loose, buttons fall off when you open the box, fails to send texts at times even in good service area, unpredictable battery life, antenna often broken out of the box, at times you cannot hear the person you are calling even with the volume up at the maximum. On the upside. . . oh wait.

Pros

• The antenna spins.

Cons

• missing buttons, touch-screen refusing to calibrate, phone turning off at random intervals. Probably the worst part however, is it's tendancy to freeze, shut off, not charge, have the sharging port become loose, buttons fall off when you open the box, fails to send texts at times even in good service area, unpredictable battery life, antenna often broken out of the box, at times you cannot hear the person you are calling even with the volume up at the maximum

henry87795
posted on 03 Mar 2011, 15:11

lg voyager

henry87795 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

decent build. had it for 2+ years and it didnt completely break. although after a few years the right hinge broke and now it doesnt stay closed unless you hold both halves together. average reception and call quality except sometimes theres an echo. internet is slow and doesnt load properly unless you use the mobile format which is inconvenient with large websites. speakers are excellent. music player is below average. you cant fast forward to certain parts of a song and the music stops if you get a text. video quality is below average. takes average pictures, although slightly washed out. no flash, pictures take like 5 seconds to take, so you have to be prepared to capture quick moments. picture & video messaging very slow...locks up before recieving a message sometimes. big, spacious keyboard, but keys get sensitive after aging and if you press a key once, itll sometimes imput up to four of the same character. after getting wet and being used alot, the backlight on the botton 2 rows of keys has died permananetly so to text in the dark i have to actually tilt the screen forward to light up the keys, and then i cant see what im typing. i cant figure out how to get a querty keyboard on the touchscreen except for when im using the internet, so in order to use the touchscreen to text, i have to use word or abc. also doesnt have threaded messages which makes reviewing a conversation difficult.

Build quality 7/10 decent build. had it for 2+ years and it didnt completely break. although after a few years the right hinge broke and now it doesnt stay closed unless you hold both halves together
Reception 8/10 average
Call quality 8/10 average except sometimes theres an echo
Internet 6/10 internet is slow and doesnt load properly unless you use the mobile format which is inconvenient with large websites
Multimedia 7/10 speakers are excellent. music player is below average. you cant fast forward to certain parts of a song and the music stops if you get a text. video quality is below average
Camera 7/10 takes average pictures, although slightly washed out. no flash, pictures take like 5 seconds to take, so you have to be prepared to capture quick moments
UI speed 5/10 picture & video messaging very slow...locks up before recieving a message sometimes
Text input 7/10 big, spacious keyboard, but keys get sensitive after aging and if you press a key once, itll sometimes imput up to four of the same character. after getting wet and being used alot, the backlight on the botton 2 rows of keys has died permananetly so to text in the dark i have to actually tilt the screen forward to light up the keys, and then i cant see what im typing. i cant figure out how to get a querty keyboard on the touchscreen except for when im using the internet, so in order to use the touchscreen to text, i have to use word or abc. also doesnt have threaded messages which makes reviewing a conversation difficult. if you want to send a message over 160 characters to another phone and you go to the list of people to send it to, you cant just start typing the name of the person because it thinks you're trying to send it to someones email. you have to either type in the number or go to your contacts list and select it
Display 5/10 the keyboard is primitive. just try scrolling through your messages or contacts; its not smooth like newer touch screens; its rough and hard to keep up with...sometimes hard to tell if you're scrolling up or down. and it may mistake a scrolling action for a selecting action. very frustrating. since the battery dies fast, i had to turn off the inner backlight so i cant really use it in sunlight unless i use the touch screen (cant turn off touch screen backlight)
Battery 6/10 battery used to last a week at a time, but now that i use the internet and the touch screen alot more, i have to charge it every/every other night.

Pros

• good speakers
  • big keyboard

Cons

• no threaded messages
  • slow multimedia messaging
  • outdated internet

TheAlphaRogue
posted on 30 Jul 2010, 02:47 (Posts: 0; Member since: 30 Jul 2010)

LG Voyager

okay... the voyager is a very good phone... for, at most, the first year you have itthe possibilities will seem endless on it... great calls, easy texting... overall wonderful phone...but i figured out that it wasn't as good as expected...calling:very good calling, easy use of speed dials and contact listi very much like the call quality and find no cons in ittexting:awesome keyboard, hands downbest ive ever used (besides computer keyboards)here's where it gets crummy....battery:battery could hold a very long charge at first, i got 6 days at mostbut after a few months... the battery power got inconsistent and short...it would last me 30 hours at most, 45 minutes at leastand the charge port on the phone came loose very quicklycamera:good, but very pixelly... takes up very much space, pictures and videosmemory card slot:good addition... but anything happens to the phone, and the memory card automatically corrupts... sucks considering i had an 8 gb memory card in there before i figured this out...internet browsing:absolutely horribleneed perfect signal to even function correctly and then still slow and didnt load anything... plus it costed me a fortunemobile tv:you pay 10 bucks a month for 13 channels... most of which dont even play anything remotely good... and the ones that were good channels didnt play good shows oftentouch screen:works very well for a while... but then will probably become defectivemight form a faint blue line across the screen and then eventually...

Pros

• good keyboard
  • excellent calling

Cons

• bad touch screen
  • unpredictable battery life
  • charge port loosens easily
  • internet is horrible
  • mobile tv is bad
  • shuts off unexpectedly

Jason A.
posted on 17 May 2010, 21:28

Decent phone

Well this phone is decent, but it definitely has it's cons. The first huge advantage to the phone is the internal/external touch screen with the full QWERTY keyboard. I absolutely love it. But another thing I strongly dislike is the touch screen itself. I don't like the fact that when you click something on the screen, the screen kind of dips down, unlike newer phones, such as the Incredible. Also, this phone seems to have problems with holding a charge, and the battery in general. At first, I thought this phone was absolutely amazing, but now that having it for a long time, I'm ready to move on to bigger and better things, which new features coming out on new phones. The Voyager was good a year or 2 ago, but it's not worth buying anymore.

Pros

• Fast phone
  • Good speakers
  • Internal/external screen with full QWERTY keyboard

Cons

• Bad touch screen
  • Battery doesn't function well
  • No threaded messaging

taytay
posted on 22 Feb 2010, 15:38

don't buy this phone.

yeah, so i had this phone for about a year and for the first couple months i looooooooooved it! but then the charging part of the phone started getting loose. so then after about a week it stopped charging completly, so i  got a new charger thinking that would solve the problem.. but then a couple months after that charger, i had the same problem! so i figured that the problem was the phone, not the charger.so i ordered a replacement for freeand after about 3 days, it came in the mail and they had sent me a piece of crap!it had scratches alllll over it!! and the internal screen was broken? it came off in the corners!and again, when i tried charging it, it didnt work!so i am done with this phone.DO NOT BUY THE LG VOYAGER :)

mari0
posted on 13 Feb 2010, 18:04

LG Voyager Titanium

I've owned the LG Voyager Titanium for a year now. I have gone through 2 of the phones. (The first was my fault, second Verizons). The first phone I had worked great! The touch screen worked great, no issues. The phone made great calls, took excellent pictures, send/recieved texts good. It froze on me one night though...and I got a little frustrated so I hit it off the table. I restarted the phone and backlight for the keyboard was dimmer and the OK button did not light at all. The speakers also gave off a very quiet buzzing/humming noise. I could hear it only in complete silence though. I should of kept this phone even though I broke it, because I took it back to Verizon and told them it mysteriously started humming. O:-) because I looked online and that was a known problem with the Voyager.The 2nd phone Verizon gave me was "like new"....looked like they found it in the dumpster somewhere though. I took it back and demanded a different one...since the phone was discontinued they had to resend a "like new" one. This one actually looked new though. The phone works ok, but after a week or so the touch screen decided to go nuts. It works about 1 out of 100 times I try to use it. When I press "7" for example on the dialer it would press a random button such as "2". It would press items randomly on the screen where ever I touch it. It still does this to this day, so I just flip it open...

Pros

• Very good keyboard layout
  • Makes clear calls
  • Takes pretty nice pictures for a 2.0mp camera

Cons

• Touch screen would not work correctly after about 2 months
  • Case not very durable, broke the corner off now my right hinge is duct taped in place (still works though!)

thatiPhoneKid
posted on 23 Jan 2010, 14:11

What's to like and not to like

When i had this phone (early 2008- December 2009), there were a lot of good things about it. It has a really nice touch screen, but after awhile of wear and tear, the sensitivity level got higher. It would unlock in my pocket and was a real pain. There was also the "fast" browser, as Verizon promised, but it couldn't even load an HD Youtube video. The music player was also a nice feature, but after my speakers started to buzz, i stopped using it. In october 2009, i had paid Verizon to send me a replacement. This time i got the silver LG Voyager. It worked fine for a few days, and then the touch screen completely failed on me. It wouldn't even respond to a stylus. I paid AGAIN and this time they sent me anoter silver LG Voyager, but one of the keys popped right out. I had a lot of frustration with it. In december, I got myself a new phone, and I'm happy. Take the pros and cons of the LG Voyager and i give it a 6.0 rating.

Pros

• Touch screen
  • MP3 player built in
  • Browser

Cons

• Touch screen stopped working
  • Speaker feedback got really buzzy
  • Browser got slow
  • 1st phone died in over 1 year
  • 2nd replacement died in a few days
  • 3rd replacement died in a week

Hannah Cantolin
posted on 13 Dec 2009, 19:36

LG Voyage

Overall its a great phone i've dropped it a zillion times, it's been wet and gone trough the sandy beaches its atrooper i'll give it tat. The  huge comfortable qwerty keyboard will spoil u i've never had 2 replace it and i never have problems with it freezing up i'e never had 2 take out the battery because of any wierd mishappens or malfunctions.

Pros

• durable
  • consistant
  • nice touch screen with feeback

Cons

• speaker volume isnt very loud
  • MP3 players a joke u hav 2 buy songs through verizon or else the dont work with phone and verizons like 1.99 per song! they should re-open this phone with wifi, andriod 2.0, get rid of all the custom made verizon programs that are a bunch of bull and it would b perfect! also make it thinner

posted on 05 Nov 2009, 19:59

The phone wasn't bad but it was kind of boring. Touch screen you had to press down not tap. Keyboard is very good. Very big. Camera isn't bad but it takes a while to take a picture. Overall i liked (not love) but it really needed something to make it less boring. Ive only had the phone for 1 year and im getting a new one.

Pros

• good screen
  • good keyboard

Cons

• boring

jet958
posted on 30 Oct 2009, 22:18

It was a good phone

I have had the Voyager since about summer 2008.  When I first got it, it had some freeze ups when using certain applications, but an update at my local verizon store fixed all that.  It also made the touch screen a lot more accurate and stopped all the problems I had.  Mine was the original one and not the titanium one.  The email app worked great.  The internet browser was not the greatest as some sites wouldn't work and video wouldn't play, but again its a phone not a smartphone.  I do have to say it was durable and I dropped it several times and a couple of times the battery flew out and it never gave me a problem.  The screen is still in good shape no scratches and I am rough on phones.  The silver around the outside did flake off but was just cosmetic.  The keyboard was great.  I couldn't stand not having a physical keyboard and that made my decision on the new Droid over some of the other smartphones.  This Voyager will be now going to my daughter for her to try to destroy and believe me she is good at ruining phone.  Also It has the original battery that still doesnt need charging for 16 or more hours under normal to heavy use.

Pros

• QWERTY keyboard, great battery life,

Cons

• Internet browser did not support programs needed to fully browse the web.

posted on 18 Oct 2009, 15:03

DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY!

I bought this phone in December 2008 and in June of 2009. It completely broke. After like a month I started noticing flaws in this phone. It was nice and stylish but, the touch screen sometimes didn’t work, it froze up, took bad pictures, called random people, turned off all the time, and then slowly the touch screen started blacking out! It wouldn’t charge unless I sat there pushing it down then after a while the whole screen blacked out and it completely stopped charging. It was completely broken. It wouldn’t even turn on! I bought the LG Dare and I think it was a very nice switch, the quality of the phone is so much better and it has the setup that I love, the Voyager was way to expensive for the level of quality. Don’t waste your money!

Pros

Cons

• Stopped Charging Correctly then completelely
  • Unresponsive touch screen that BLACKED OUT!

BruceG
posted on 30 Sep 2009, 08:30

2 years and STILL ticking

I got my Voyager on the day they were released and have been using it long and hard since then.Yes...   I am still on my first Voyager after 2 years.  And yes..  I DO carry it all the time and yes I do useit heavily (including the TV) and I haven't broken it after 2 years.  I AM on my 3 battery but I expected that.I am heart-broken to see that they are discontinuing this phone and there really isn't a greatreplacement in sight.THANKS LG for the really great phone.

Pros

• Great features
  • Touchscreen
  • QWERTY keyboard
  • TV
  • GREAT reception

Cons

• Touchscreen can be fussy
  • Virtual keyboard is good but not great
  • still can't multi-task

Matttttttttt
posted on 23 Sep 2009, 18:43

Ehhh

I've had it for about a year or two and its probably my 8th one,,
At first i had to have it and now it seams like it gets worst everyday aha i'm transferring to the env3. im not a big fan on touchscreens anymore. Why get one when you can text way better on the external screen of an env2 or 3? i rarely ever text on the front and sometimes you need it when your in class cause u wanna use one hand haha.
It constantly dials and vibrates in my pocket because of the touchscreen. the one i have now has a huge crack in it and yaa its not that good.

Pros

Cons

• Music stops when you receive a message
  • Calls and changes settings in your pocket
  • Camea takes a while
  • Shuts off a lot
  • Distorted pictures
  • Keys leave marks on the internal screen that can't come off

tina
posted on 22 Sep 2009, 21:58

HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!

I got my phone Oct. 2008. i still have it but its about to break. this phone is horrible! First off, the camera SUCKS... sometimes when i take pictures it doesnt take them a little image with a question mark comes up, no matter how many times i take the same picture. Other times i take it and the image is completely distorted, youll be lucky if u get 2 good images out of a dozen. I hate how the speaker phone only works open, which is inconvient. It randomly shuts off while im using it, it always freezes. The phone comes with awful ringtones. The phones internet is very slow and messes up the phone. i hate how you cant put a password on the phone. you can only put one on if you turn it off and then back on. i dont need people snooping through my phone. The touch screen isnt very responsive (my screen is broken now) but if you put the phone in your pocket or your bag the screen is always responsive then! the screen will unlock its self and open applications and call people in your pocket. My hinge is broken so its always flopping around. theres much much more but this review is long enough. i no some people love this phone but i really recommending saving your money.

Pros

• Battery life is good/normal
  • qwerty key board

• big and bulky
  • touch screen is annoying
  • bad ringtones
  • etc

samanthajd
posted on 07 Sep 2009, 15:06

crap

i loved it at first when i got it  (but then again the phone i had before this had no front display no camera or anything cuz i broke my razr  in my couch) but then like it would turn off randomly and turn back on and ive now been through i think 4 since jan 08 but now it turns off for no reason and doesnt turn back on or make a noise so i know and the touchscreen like will just freeze up and the reaction time for everything is super slow oh and to top off all the problem the friggin hinge broke and its like floppy now all i can say is thank the lord my plans up in a week or id freak out

Pros

• its cute
  • the keyboard is a good size
  • takes good pictures

Cons

• everything else
  • the keys stick and have some wierd dirt looking spots on them that i can not get off with any type of cleaner

Megan
posted on 29 Aug 2009, 00:47

Could Be Better....

It's a nice phone if you just use it for texting and just use the keyboard inside. However, if you are getting it for the touch screen you will be disappointed. The touch screen doesn't respond half the time I press the unlock, so it causes me to miss quite a few calls. Quite often when I try to send text messages, it doesn't send them, and it becomes quite annoying. I hate how the speaker is on the inside, and they didn't put one on the outside, because it's extremely hard to hear the phone unless you have it out of your pocket. Kind of big and bulky. Randomly restarts when I get on the internet, or am sending a text message. I have to keep the volume at max in order to hear it.
Not my idea of a fantastic phone. Oh, have I mentioned within 2 months I had to get a new one because they couldn't figure out what was wrong (why the touch screen stopped working and why it was restarting randomly). Yeah, I'm switching phones.

Pros

Cons

• Randomly Shuts Off
  • Keyboard Stops Responding
  • Doesn't send quite a few text messages
  • Speaker on the inside rather than the outside
  • Not very loud
  • Big & Bulky

Capital P
posted on 07 Aug 2009, 19:42

One of the best, aside from a few small minor defects...

I've had the LG Voyager for a year now (albeit I'm on my second one, the first one had a defective external screen) & I gotta say LG got it right with this one. Glorious screen resolution, inside & out. TV works both ways as well. Overall, a must have for LG fans or people who LOVE to text.

Pros

• HTML browser
  • 2 MP Camera
  • Mobile TV
  • Large screen
  • Versatile music player

Cons

• A tad large
  • Screen protectors don't do crap other than scratch the hell out of the screen
  • Has a tendency to drop calls depending on how you hold it
  • NO FLASH!!!
  • Music player distorts when playing it through an external source

Je Ne Sais Quoi
posted on 10 Jul 2009, 20:54

I lubbs my phone!

I've had the Voyager for maybe 9 months or more and I have no complaints.  Even though the phone has the fancy touch screen it is extremely durable!  I do have a very minor scratch or two (and I do mean minor) that's because I throw the phone in my purse with remotes and keys every single day and I don't bother to use a protective screen.  Besides the 2 blackberry's i've owned this phone has been my best one yet!

iberrystorm
posted on 12 Jun 2009, 01:38 (Posts: 67; Member since: 12 Jun 2009)

nice phone

for an average person, this phone is pretty good... the touch screen was alright... it looks awsome to... but this phone is like good overall... the camera was good even though its 2mp... so basicly a very good phone

Pros

• awsome look

Cons

• out of order... none...

YankeeJohnN
posted on 11 Jun 2009, 20:33 (Posts: 0; Member since: 11 Jun 2009)

It is great at first but then the touch screen gets very bad.  Overall great fone.

Pros

Cons

• Sensitive touch screen

Akela
posted on 03 Jun 2009, 17:01

Great Phone!

I've had this phone for a couple of months now, and I really love it -- It's a big improvement from my previous phone, the Motorola KRZR. The texting is very fast once you get used to it, and it's very easy to use. It's very simple, and I absolutely love it. The only thing I slightly dislike about it is the camera; how slow the shutter time is and the lack of flash.
But other than that, it's a great phone and I highly suggest it for first-time touch screen owners.

Pros

• Texting
  • Sensitive Touch Screen
  • Simple

slashmaster2
posted on 30 May 2009, 21:04 (Posts: 5; Member since: 07 Jan 2009)

liked it at first but now.....

at first i loved this phone. i came from the vx8300 and i was amazed by the touch screen. ive had it for a year now and i absolutely hate it now. the touch screen is terrible because it freezes and sometimes presses the wrong thing. the camera is terrible, i have no idea how anyone can possibly think the camera is even good at all. it is a giant brick, it is completely noticable in my pocket and annoying to carry around. now im going to switch to the env 3 which is a little bit smaller and it has an amazing camera because it has a flash which makes me very happy. also it doesnt have another one of lg's crappy touch screen cell phones. and if you read this far, u are amazing because this was the longest review and there are probably about 1000 other reveiws that you could read that are shorter than this.

Pros

• nicely spaced keyboard

Cons

• camera is terrible, touch screen is terrible, it is a brick

Hannah
posted on 17 May 2009, 18:03

amazing.

This phone is absolutley stunning, if you can describe a phone like that. The touch screen works amazingly, it responds right away. i have no clue what other people were talking about when they say it sucks cuz its AWESOMEE!! i loveeee it even if it is a litle big. The keyboard is perfect and i text really fast now! Just make sure u get those clear screen covers if u get it so the screen doesn't get scratched. But they are invisible so u can't even tell they are on your phone. The camera rocks too.

Pros

• Great touch screen, amazing camera, easy to use, fast, great graphics, perfect!

Cons

• a bit big. but there's nothing wrong with being big, now is there?

nick johnson
posted on 11 May 2009, 10:20

do not listen to anyone else but me!!

ok this phone is not bad. it has a good camera and nice qwerty keyboard. the touch screen on this phone sucks so much. sometimes you have to touch it like 6 times until it responds. it is horrible

Pros

• qwerty

Cons

• TOUCH SCREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!​!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cpl284
posted on 02 May 2009, 14:08 (Posts: 3; Member since: 01 May 2009)

Great phone but some drawbacks

Before i start pointing out the negatives, let me say this is by far one of the best phones ive ever owned! I got it in april of 2008 in black and ive been in love with it ever since! I have had 3 of them...the 1st one the battery only lasted about 15 minutes then i got a second one which lasted exactly 6 months and then the hinge came off and my current one which has no major problems. I often have trouble sending picture messages with my phone it often either doesn't deliver or just refuses to send them at all. Whenever i try to  go on aim the phone will either freeze or shut down. The touch screen after 6 months will have scratches from just going in and out of your pocket which is unfortunate, and the metal around the camera will get destroyed 5 seconds after you take the phone out of the box. Next week im upgrading to the alias 2 and although i will miss my voyager it definetely is starting to get old... I hope this review helps you!!!!

Pros

• Touch screen is responsive
  • Takes great pictures!
  • QWERTY keyboard is the best ive ever seen
  • I

Cons

• Pic Messages Fail
  • Have to charge EVERYday