LG VX7000 / VX7000A User Reviews

binkies
posted on 29 May 2009, 01:26

best phone ever!

I got this phone in june of 05 (I have the black one which I believe is the "second version" of this model).  After a year, it did break but that was only because I threw it and it hit just right that it split in half.  I got the same model when I replaced it.  It's screen and menu were a bit different but still THE BEST!  it has a pretty good camera, video, display, a flash for the camera, everything!.  I absolutly love it but my new every 2 is up and I should replace it this time because it won't last forever...  although I wish it would.

ycoarick
posted on 17 Sep 2006, 23:02

rick

I have now had this phone for 1.5 years. I have been a verizon customer since 1992. (when they were air touch) This phone is soooooo great. The best since the motorola 9000 (The "small" brick phone, look for it in your antique stores. I am hard on a phone and demand a lot of one. This phone has never, ever, ever failed to place a call, and I can't believe the battery is still in such good shape. I get the same talk time as when new. I too wanted a speaker phone and almost passed on this phone because it lacked one. I am very hard of hearing and the speaker phone was the only way I could hear when in the car. I am so glad I chose to keep this rig, it performes flawlessly. The true only complaint should bee that it has Partitioned memory and not shared. After you have about 50 vids you have to start erasing and choosing your favorite even though you have much memory in other areas. LG is what motorola used to be..... the best name in cell phones.

antzuzu
posted on 02 Dec 2005, 14:19

Sr Mgr

This LG phone could only be better with a speaker phone. Otherwise, it is the most fun I have owned... and I have owned many! This phone is only for those of us who want the phone to be a(n excellent) phone

nizzle
posted on 17 Oct 2005, 20:53

a pretty sweet phone

this phone is the perfect phone for anybody. its easy to use but at the same time has alot of features. i would recomend it to anybody looking for a phone period

ventura
posted on 29 Jun 2005, 10:02

4.2

Big Disappointment in VX7000

I have waited for 3 years to get a decent mobile phone, after using the Audiovox CDM9500 (a now outdated phone). I was recommended the VX7000 by a Verizon technician, saying it is the most reliable of all Verizon phone. Despite the supposedly better technology of the VX7000, the CDM9500 still outperforms, and is far easier to use. After only 2 days of use, the 7000 locked on me, not allowing me to make outside calls. The phonebook is so poorly designed on the 7000 it is incredible how LG even came out with this. For instance, I cannot even enter the address of a person because there is no room to do so. Also, when making a search of a name or series of alph-numeric characters, it only makes the search based on the first character of the first name, while the CDM9500 searches based on any series of characters in any order (even if the series if placed at the end of the last name).

SteveHrocks
posted on 04 Apr 2005, 00:43

Speakerphone>?

When people diss the phone because it has no speakerphone it really irratates me. They KNEW it had no speakerphone before they bought it.. so why complain... just shows how stupid people can be and uniformed.

This is a great phone!!

posted on 08 Feb 2005, 17:11

the best

omg dude this is the best phone i got....its BETTER than the motorola V551!!!!!!!!!!!!! i recommend this to anybody looking for a cellphone at good price

Allen
posted on 25 Jan 2005, 23:53

Allen

I just got the phone and when I tried it at home I was greatly disappointed at the high pitch continuous sound I hear when the phone is active (e.g., talking with someone). My wife has the LG 6100 and has no such high pitch. I'll probably return the 7000 for the 6100. (Great graphics on the 7000).

twizler
posted on 23 Jan 2005, 15:49

great phone

i got this phone on a verizon family share plan and it gets great reception,its easy to download ringtones and games,some people are mad it dont have a speaker but who cares you cant understand what the other person says on them and it disturbes others in the same room

Canecreekfreak
posted on 21 Dec 2004, 07:42

Great phone when your main objective is talking

The VX7000 has great reception, calls come thru loud & clear, batt life is good, and mp3 ringers rule. The only draw backs are that the camera quality isn't great, it's a little bit big, and no speaker phone- otherwise it's a super deal. I got the phone ringers/wallpapers/uploading instructions cd off ebay, and it's lots of fun to customize this phone. The voice dialing works well, too. If you're looking for a phone that sounds good, gets good reception (much better than my old Mot. T720), and is easy to use, look no further.

tony
posted on 08 Dec 2004, 20:01

lg vx7000

always had motorola phones.this phone is awsome, watch out motorola! the phone was easy to use right out of the box too many great features to talk about.very happy with the vx7000.

Eric
posted on 25 Oct 2004, 10:38

VX7000 Best Verizon Phone EVER!

I started with Verizon using the VX6000. I thought that was a good phone. Then the charger started to act up, and i had it with the 6000 and i upgraded to the 7000. it cost me a pretty penny, but it was worth every dime! The best part is the plug-in charger, instead of the "cradle" charger that is used for the 4400 and the 6000. The sound quality is much better, i use it frequently at large sporting events, and i can hear people perfectly! This phone is a must buy!

posted on 23 Oct 2004, 18:42 (Posts: 0; Member since: 20 Jun 2008)

The BEST phone I've ever used PERIOD!

The LG VX 7000 could have been the best selling mobile phone EVER if it wasn't lacking some very basic features, such as LG's Speaker Phone, Command Prompts, and Driving Mode. If you just pack the features of the VX6100 into the VX7000 with the VX8000 chipset and 1.3mb camera and use the look of the 7000, because I'm sorry the 8000 is just plain ugly. Then I'd be happy to $200 for the phone and it would score all 5's. The look and feel of the VX7000 is nothing short of drop dead gorgeous. The screens are the best I've ever seen on any portable device. If the inside screen was a little larger I could watch a movie on it. It's crystal clear and the colors are vibrant and true, and I'm VERY difficult to please. Some have said that the 7000 is a little large but I disagree, probably because I'm a big guy with large fingers and I appreciate the way this phone is laid out, the buttons are perfect and the phone seems to fit my hands and face while using it that I find myself holding it rather than using it handsfree. I'm in a quandary of what to do with the current phone sellection of Verizon Wireless and I don't want another 2yr experience like my last one with my Motorola T730.

Stu
posted on 05 Aug 2004, 15:55

A good upgrade for the NE2

I uograded to the Vx7000 from the VX4400, and generally am pleased. If you are getting this phone, you are planning on getting a camera phone that does not have every phone-feature convenience (i.e. no speakerphone, no answering maching function). And the camera is clearly not going to outperform a dedicated digital camera or camcorder. The pluses, to my thinking and feeling, were more substantial than the minuses were (in other words the Pluses were each more enjoyable than the minuses were annoying).

Big Pluses: (1) Price: The $100 New Every Two from verizon will make this a $79 phone for me. (2) can email pix and videos (I'm a new Dad, indulge me) and for a limited time (9/15/04 I think) you can email up to 10 different people for the same cost or usage credit. (3) WAP 2.0 is a big improvement for us who surf or check email from the cell. (4) rotating lense is wonderful for self-portraits of me and my boy.

Small pluses: LG got it right (1) included a swivel holster; (2) a normal plug-type recharger, which is worlds better than the 4400's cradle. (3) a voice-dial list; (4) last call list includes both in-coming and outgoing. (5) simpler and more intuitive interface compared to the 4400.

neutral: no analog roaming. Hasn't been an issue yet, and the phone's digital-only has so far outperformed the tri-mode 4400. no games included

minus: (1) Big phone. Had to get the more expensive case because my belly kept knocking the phone off the holster. (2) no telephony...

Chris
posted on 03 Aug 2004, 16:38

The Best Phone EVER

Ok first of all its is kind of expensive if you only sign a one year contract. I have been a at&t customer but recentley changed. I have tried all the motorals and NEC phones crap compared to the VX7000 its the best phone i have ever had.